Democrats economic advice: Correlation between union work and GDP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Feb 19, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Some political advice for Democrats. Look at the correlation between union membership and GDP.

I'm no genius. But as union membership declines, United States citizens get more and more wealth. Our GDP and standard of living have soared along the same lines that union membership has declined. There is a correlation. See libs, we do like science!!!

Attached Files:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Other correlations?

As union membership declined, we had massive breakthroughs in medicine. Huge successes in technology. Internet. Changed the world. Technology that saved lives in medicine, car safety, airline safety. Medicines that (GASP were produced to make profit) have healed many and extended the life of many. We saw housing explode to heights never imagined. Modest incomes could get 5 bedroom homes. We over did it a lot, but hell, we were so successful we basically got drunk off the housing wealth and now are suffering a hangover.

What else? We've exported more food and money in aid that any nation in the world. Probably any 10 nations combined.

The accomplishments this nation has seen, through private sector innovation and yes profit, have all been accomplished as union membership has steadily declined.

The only area where union membership has increased is in government.

And have we not seen a steady DECLINE in government efficiency and trust over 50 years?

It's simple. Success and efficiency do not go well with union labor.

3. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Hey liberals, I'm waiting.

Explain to me why this correlation exists?

That while wealth and innovation have skyrocketed.............during the same span union membership has tanked?

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,926
    The correlation is in your mind.

Massive breakthroughs in science and technology? Unions had about as much to do with that as Republicans.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Ummmm..............no dude, the correlation is right there on the charts I provided. Is that the best you can do?

Innovation and technology boomed, in all fields, including medicine. Medicine FOR PROFIT.

And PRIVATE union membership has dwindled to 7% or less. And guess who are some PRIVATE companies that have boomed our technology to new heights?

Microsoft, Apple, Lochead-Martin, Boeing, Google, Verizon, Abbot Med, I could name a thousand. Private schools like Harvard, Duke, Yale, Vanderbilt. Private citizens like Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jerry Richardson, Whole Foods founder (who btw is a liberal, but someone I deeply admire for the work he is doing to promote clean eating and health through the private sector). I could again list thousands.

Meanwhile, government union membership is over 85%. And government that has been efficient, innovative and produced wealth includes................................well..................................um...............:doubt:......................hmmmm..................oh, NASA does some good stuff. And so does the military..........but the military and NASA get a lot of their technology done through Lochead-Martin and Boeing and Force Protection Inc.........so....um, yeah.

Rdean, the correlation is perfectly clear. Less unions means more efficiency, greater growth.

6. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    And you said Unions had AS MUCH to do with breakthroughs in science and tech as Republicans?

Well, um, yeah, I agree. NEITHER did much for it. Unions and GOVERNMENT (Republicans) never, ever do as much for these breakthroughs as the non-union, private sector do.

Unions are basically masses of inefficient, griping WORKERS. They see themselves in the old communist model of a "worker". Not an innovator. Not an investor. Not a businessman. A "worker". Meaning show up, perform work by going through the motions, get check, complain, go home.

Meanwhile, the private, non-union sector excells.

7. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Come on libs. You can't debate this fact? This obvious correlation? Is it TOO MUCH PROOF that you're wrong?

Ok, ok. Didn't wanna have to do this to draw you all out from under your rocks. But I will.

"SARAH PALIN AGREES WITH THIS CORRELATION".

There. Thats the most expensive liberal bait on the shelf.

8. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,825
    It's the old "Prosperity Through Lower Wages" scam.

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    But our wages AREN'T lower. Over the last 100 years, we've become so rich, that our "poor" are among the wealthiest 5% of humans in the world. Worked out pretty well, huh?

10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,065
    You have not demonstrated a correlation. In fact, GDP per capita in the US has risen pretty consistently for at least the past 140 years, which corresponds to both a rise and a decline in unionization.

[​IMG]

That doesn't mean the level of unionization does not affect GDP growth. It just means that you have not demonstrated it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011