Democrats, Detroit and Newark, is this our future?

Whites vote overwhelmingly for Republicans. The only white group where the majority voted for Obama were whites 18 to 29 years old. The Republican Party is 90% white.

Those are the facts.
That is utter bullshit.

If 90% of whites voted Republican, there would be no Democrats in the Senate and less than 20 in the house.
The facts are that in 2008 about 57% of whites did vote for GOP candidates, but 98% of blacks voted Democrat.

That's not what he said. He said that 90% of the GOP are white, not 90% of whites vote Republican. But I don't know if that's true or not. Wouldn't surprise me though.

I think you're 57% is accurate. About two-thirds of white males vote Republican. 90% of blacks generally vote Democrat but that could have been higher in 2008.

Worded poorly, I'll admit. I get pissed off when libs holler that the majority of whites are racist Republicans when blacks vote almost exclusively Democrat.
If we accept my number of 57% of whites voting GOP in 2008 which is to the best of my recollection is true, and 95% of blacks voted for barack obama, then who is, as a group more racist?

That is utter bullshit.

If 90% of whites voted Republican, there would be no Democrats in the Senate and less than 20 in the house.
The facts are that in 2008 about 57% of whites did vote for GOP candidates, but 98% of blacks voted Democrat.

That's not what he said. He said that 90% of the GOP are white, not 90% of whites vote Republican. But I don't know if that's true or not. Wouldn't surprise me though.

I think you're 57% is accurate. About two-thirds of white males vote Republican. 90% of blacks generally vote Democrat but that could have been higher in 2008.

Worded poorly, I'll admit. I get pissed off when libs holler that the majority of whites are racist Republicans when blacks vote almost exclusively Democrat.
If we accept my number of 57% of whites voting GOP in 2008 which is to the best of my recollection is true, and 95% of blacks voted for barack obama, then who is, as a group more racist?

Most logical Democrats don't view all Republicans as racist. Any reasonable person knows that there are racists among every group. I think there are some racist Republicans (and racist Democrats too). To be fair with the 95% of blacks voting for Obama-88% of blacks voted for Kerry as well.

CNN.com Election 2004

That is utter bullshit.

yes. but according to the lefty PC speech police, we're not allowed to say THAT.

Who's been the governor of California? Last time I checked-he wasn't a Democrat.

Are you seriously trying to claim that California's problems didn't start until Arnold came? Don't be such an idiot. The state has been a blister of waste and debt for decades ready to pop at any time. The recession just made it happen faster. Arnold hasn't been a very effective governor, but he didn't start the fire, that's for sure.

I never said Arnold was the cause to the fiscal problems of California now did I? Don't be an idiot and assume I support the Democrats-I don't. And yes the state has been in the downward spiral for a while now-but Arnold didn't help it at all. Therefore, it's not accurate to say that the Democrats were the lone cause of California's fiscal problems
One must be keen to the difference between political party and the ideology of the individual.....

yes. but according to the lefty PC speech police, we're not allowed to say THAT.

Why on earth would blacks want to vote for a political party that celebrates "Confederate Month" and "Secession Balls" celebrating a history of slavery? Are you guys practicing "morons"? Blacks are racist because they don't vote for racists? That's insane.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/histo...elebrate-secession-have-ball.html#post3110875

Why on earth would blacks want to vote for a political party that celebrates "Confederate Month" and "Secession Balls" celebrating a history of slavery? Are you guys practicing "morons"? Blacks are racist because they don't vote for racists? That's insane.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/histo...elebrate-secession-have-ball.html#post3110875

no....you're nuts. just because a bunch of yahoos in ONE fucking state celebrate a tradition that by the way is dying on the vine does not give you the right to impugn the entire party. Joe in Florida just got through stating "most logical democrats"....
You are a lazy reactionary thinker......FACT...blacks have voted 90% democrat since reconstruction because it is the democrat party that tells black people what it will GIVE them. Blacks vote at over a 96% clip for black candidates.
Don't give me this bullshit spin about confederacy celebrations...That's a nonsense post.
Blacks are in lockstep with with the liberal wing of the democrat party because that is where the entitlements and transfer payments come from.
Oh and since when are the causes of the civil war about slavery ONLY!
You lefty revisionist history exposes your fraud and hypocrisy. Get the fuck out of here. Your vapidness is annoying

Last edited:

no....you're nuts. just because a bunch of yahoos in ONE fucking state celebrate a tradition that by the way is dying on the vine does not give you the right to impugn the entire party. Joe in Florida just got through stating "most logical democrats"....
You are a lazy reactionary thinker......FACT...blacks have voted 90% democrat since reconstruction because it is the democrat party that tells black people what it will GIVE them.
Blacks vote at over a 96% clip for black candidates.
Don't give me this bullshit spin about confederacy celebrations...That's a nonsense post.
Blacks are in lockstep with with the liberal wing of the democrat party because that is where the entitlements and transfer payments come from.
You lefty revisionist history exposes your fraud and hypocrisy. Get the fuck out of here. Your vapidness is annoying

Not sure if this was aimed at me or not, but what's your point?

And no slavery wasn't a main cause of the civil (it certainly factored into it somewhat though), BUT one can't deny that it became a part of the war after it started. Like I said, most logical democrats don't think Republicans are all racists (I'm not a Democrat btw)-remember most people who come to message boards to post about politics aren't the average political person-but people who obviously feel strongly on their beliefs, and are much more likely to be radicals (as they actively seek out discussion/arguments on their views).

I cannot believe that anyone could think that slavery was not the primary reason for the civil war. It almost prevented the formation of the union to begin with. Exactly what other pressing cause has been found for the war, unrelated to slavery?

Most logical Democrats don't view all Republicans as racist. Any reasonable person knows that there are racists among every group. I think there are some racist Republicans (and racist Democrats too). To be fair with the 95% of blacks voting for Obama-88% of blacks voted for Kerry as well.

CNN.com Election 2004

so we.ve proven that at least 7% of blacks are racist.

You are a lazy reactionary thinker......FACT...blacks have voted 90% democrat since reconstruction because it is the democrat party that tells black people what it will GIVE them.
Blacks vote at over a 96% clip for black candidates.

Not sure if this was aimed at me or not, but what's your point?

And no slavery wasn't a main cause of the civil (it certainly factored into it somewhat though), BUT one can't deny that it became a part of the war after it started. Like I said, most logical democrats don't think Republicans are all racists (I'm not a Democrat btw)-remember most people who come to message boards to post about politics aren't the average political person-but people who obviously feel strongly on their beliefs, and are much more likely to be radicals (as they actively seek out discussion/arguments on their views).

nope..... was posting to rdean.
here are some of the things that created tensions between north and south.
as I understand them..
Southern States objected to.....\
a large centralized government centered in the north.
the power that centralized government had over what the south considered "sovereign states".
The "rich industrialized north" pushing around those in the "poor agricultural south"...
the outlawing of slavery by the north while those in the south needed a source of (very) cheap labor to tend the fields...
Mostly it was a battle over the south's interpretation of States Rights vs the North's and Washington DC's view of same.
Anyway, the point is the view that black voters have been told to have vis a vis the GOP is patently false. However democrats have successfully implanted the message to blacks that says "vote for us and we will give you things"...

so we.ve proven that at least 7% of blacks are racist.

Not necessarily. I think just about everybody can agree that Obama was a more successful nominee than Kerry, who was very boring, wasn't able to inspire people to get out to the polls, and quite frankly didn't generate any excitement. The guy lacked all charisma. I'm sure some of those 7% voted for Obama because of his race.

Almost every race voted more for Obama than Kerry:

Whites: 43% of the white vote-Kerry got 41% (+2%)
Latinos: 67% Obama, 53% Kerry (+14%)
Asians: 62% Obama, 56% Kerry (+6%)
Other: 66% Obama, 56% Kerry (+10%)

So considering Obama gained ground over Kerry in every race in the election-no the main reason why blacks vote more for Obama than they did for Kerry isn't based solely on race. If blacks were the only ones who voted more for Obama than Kerry-you'd absolutely be right. But that's just not the case.

sources:

CNN.com Election 2004
Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

$2tn debt crisis threatens to bring down 100 US cities | Business | The Guardian

detroit-dereliction-007.jpg

as I understand them..
the power that centralized government had over what the south considered "sovereign states".
The "rich industrialized north" pushing around those in the "poor agricultural south"...
the outlawing of slavery by the north while those in the south needed a source of (very) cheap labor to tend the fields...
Mostly it was a battle over the south's interpretation of States Rights vs the North's and Washington DC's view of same.
Anyway, the point is the view that black voters have been told to have vis a vis the GOP is patently false. However democrats have successfully implanted the message to blacks that says "vote for us and we will give you things"...

The sovereign state argument was over when the Articles of Confederation was replaced by the Constitution. It certainly wasn't a war over interpretation of states's rights. No other right was ever in question, other than the right to consider other human beings as property and have them treated by the law as such. Civil War revisionism is just as evil as Holocaust denial. The war was fought over the right to have slavery declared legal in newly opened territories. The right to count slaves as citizens for the purpose of representation and as property in the eyes of the law. To assert there was any other underlying cause is pure bullshit. The South had veto power over the Fed to ensure the continuation of slavery, as demonstrated by the pairing of free/slave states for admittance to the union. Read the Declarations for the Causes of Secession. The war was fought over slavery, period.

as I understand them..

The sovereign state argument was over when the Articles of Confederation was replaced by the Constitution. It certainly wasn't a war over interpretation of states's rights. No other right was ever in question, other than the right to consider other human beings as property and have them treated by the law as such. Civil War revisionism is just as evil as Holocaust denial. The war was fought over the right to have slavery declared legal in newly opened territories. The right to count slaves as citizens for the purpose of representation and as property in the eyes of the law. To assert there was any other underlying cause is pure bullshit. The South had veto power over the Fed to ensure the continuation of slavery, as demonstrated by the pairing of free/slave states for admittance to the union. Read the Declarations for the Causes of Secession. The war was fought over slavery, period.

If the war was fought over slavery-then why was slavery still legal in the north until 1963 (when the war started in 1961). Surely they would have made slavery illegal within those 2 years if this was the real cause of the war.

Oh also if the South rejoined with the North-Lincoln wasn't going to free the slaves. It was an ultimatum/punishment towards the South, not the reason why the war began initially. AND Maryland, Missouri, Delaware and West Virginia were allowed to uphold slavery (they were apart of the Union). Do your homework on the Emancipation Proclamation-then come back. Thanks!

Last edited:
I cannot believe that anyone could think that slavery was not the primary reason for the civil war. It almost prevented the formation of the union to begin with. Exactly what other pressing cause has been found for the war, unrelated to slavery?

You need a serious history lesson here.

as I understand them..

If the war was fought over slavery-then why was slavery still legal in the north until 1963 (when the war started in 1961). Surely they would have made slavery illegal within those 2 years if this was the real cause of the war.

Oh also if the South rejoined with the North-Lincoln wasn't going to free the slaves. It was an ultimatum/punishment towards the South, not the reason why the war began initially. AND Maryland, Missouri, Delaware and West Virginia were allowed to uphold slavery (they were apart of the Union). Do your homework on the Emancipation Proclamation-then come back. Thanks!

Surely you mean 1863. Right?

This was not an accident either, this is generations in the making.

McCarthy tried to warn us about Communist infiltration at State and history has proven him prophetic. In addition to taking over State, the Bolsheviks had a multi-tiered approach and stated goal of also taking over the US Labor Unions (Check) Us media (check) US universities (Check) and the Democrat Party (check), all done in "One Degree at a time" increments, until the day comes when we finally realize we're boiled to death.

That day is here. Our cities and states are broke, our federal government is broke. The Progressives have broken the banks.

In some ways it was a Pyrrhic victory because as they were plotting out downfall, Ronnie Reagan destroyed them and collapsed their Empire. They why the top Progressives hate and despise Reagan and the that's why their trained monkeys repeat the same ridiculous talking point os Regans and most of all its why Progressives Hate and Loath and Despise Palin.

She's one of the few Republicans like Ron Paul who understands the situation and will use their political power to roll back the Progressive Jihad.

Time's running out people and make no mistake, we're all in, there's no tomorrow, there's no other hands to be played, we win it back and undo the Progressive damage or we follow the Constitution and hit Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and reboot.

This was not an accident either, this is generations in the making.

McCarthy tried to warn us about Communist infiltration at State and history has proven him prophetic. In addition to taking over State, the Bolsheviks had a multi-tiered approach and stated goal of also taking over the US Labor Unions (Check) US media (check) US universities (Check) and the Democrat Party (check), all done in "One Degree at a time" increments, until the day comes when we finally realize we're boiled to death.

That day is here. Our cities and states are broke, our federal government is broke. The Progressives have broken the banks.

In some ways it was a Pyrrhic victory because as they were plotting out downfall, Ronnie Reagan destroyed them and collapsed their Empire. That's why the top Progressives hate and despise Reagan and the that's why their trained monkeys repeat the same ridiculous talking point on Reagan and most of all its why Progressives Hate and Loath and Despise Palin.

She's one of the few Republicans like Ron Paul who understands the situation and will use their political power to roll back the Progressive Jihad.

Time's running out people and make no mistake, we're all in, there's no tomorrow, there's no other hands to be played, we win it back and undo the Progressive damage or we follow the Constitution and hit Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and reboot.

Last edited:
as I understand them..

Yeah..Ok....Growing up in the Northeast, I used to believe that. That's because that is what was passed along in the American history classes of public schools.
Look, the slavery issues was just one part.
The Left and anti-South folks want to believe that the entire region east of the Mississippi and south of Baltimore is made up of Bible Thumping Whites only TV preacher donating, NASCAR watching inbred non higher education confederate Battle Flag waving jagoffs.
There is a shocking amount of liberalism here in the South. I can't stand it.
However most folks form other regions of the US have always bought into an inaccurate account of why the civil war was fought. You have that belief. You can go along with it and keep your mind closed. So be it. We're done.

Surely you mean 1863. Right?

Whoops typos, of course I meant 1863, and 1861 haha.

Forum List

Back