Democrats demand Access To Controversial Documents After Leak

Why all the secrecy on a Trade Agreement??

I guess the most transparent administration in history ain't that transparent.

Wonder if Pelosi is still draining that swamp?? Oh wait. I forgot. She got ousted in 2010. Never mind.

CaféAuLait;5515802 said:
You could be right, but this doesn't prove your point. And comparing Obama's 3.5 years to two Presidents combined terms is a little dishonest.

(emphasis added)

Dishonest? Are you serious, lol? After you compared TWO presidents four full terms, to Obama's invoking EP "only once" to tout that he was the “most transparent of them all” and has yet to finish a single term? I'm dishonest? :confused: Please.

I did not count it has 15 executive privileges compared to one. I simply stated Clinton used it 14 times, and Bush used it 6 times. You are trying to use this one time as your smoking gun. And until he is uses it more, you have no point.

So as of right now, George HW Bush and Obama since 1980 are the most transparent Presidents, if you use the Executive Privileges as a way to measure this sort of thing. Your statement comes across as if you are assuming he will evoke even more, you cannot use what you think might happen as a way to make a point.

Baloney.

I was not trying to use it as a way to measure anything, you were the one who threw those numbers up in trying to defend Obama, and you used 16 years of records verses 3.5 and then had the gall to call me dishonest when I called you on it.

I asked about his promise of transparency in regards to not turning over records to his own party and wondered if he would use EP to block them from the information. My point was his promises of transparency, and change which are severely lacking. And you’re measuring 16 years worth of EP to measure Obama’s transparency is laughable when he promised 1 minute into his presidency, his would be the most transparent.

Obama's track record is awful for transparancy:

A minute after he took office, the White House website declared his administration would become “the most open and transparent in history.” By the end of his first full day on the job, Obama had issued high-profile orders pledging “a new era” and “an unprecedented level of openness” across the massive federal government.

“Obama is the sixth administration that’s been in office since I’ve been doing Freedom of Information Act work. … It’s kind of shocking to me to say this, but of the six, this administration is the worst on FOIA issues. The worst. There’s just no question about it,” said Katherine Meyer, a Washington lawyer who’s been filing FOIA cases since 1978. “This administration is raising one barrier after another. … It’s gotten to the point where I’m stunned — I’m really stunned.”

The administration has embarked on an unprecedented wave of prosecutions of whistleblowers and alleged leakers — an effort many journalists believe is aimed at blocking national security-related stories. “There just seems to be a disconnect here. You want aggressive journalism abroad; you just don’t want it in the United States,” ABC News correspondent Jake Tapper told White House press secretary Jay Carney at a recent briefing for reporters.

• In one of those cases, the Justice Department is trying to force a New York Times reporter to identify his confidential sources and is arguing that he has no legal protection from doing so.

• Compliance with agencies’ open-government plans has been spotty, with confusing and inaccurate metrics sometimes used to assess progress. Some federal agencies are also throwing up new hurdles, such as more fees, in the path of those seeking records.

• The Office of Management and Budget has stalled for more than a year the proposals of the chief FOIA ombudsman’s office to improve government wide FOIA operations.

Read more: President Obama's muddy transparency record - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

wow... hardly any liberal leaning posters are complaining when a Democrat asks for 'sensitive' information... but all Hell breaks lose when a Republican does.

Go figure.

wow... hardly any liberal leaning posters are complaining when a Democrat asks for 'sensitive' information... but all Hell breaks lose when a Republican does.

Go figure.
That's not true...Issa kept moving the goalposts every time Holder complied...finally it gets to the point where he's sticking his nose where perhaps he has no business sticking it and Holder and Obama said "enough is enough".

It's a lose lose situation...deal with Issa demanding more and more everytime he hits a dead end...or claim EP and have wingnuts claim conspiracy.

Go figure.
That's not true...Issa kept moving the goalposts every time Holder complied...finally it gets to the point where he's sticking his nose where perhaps he has no business sticking it and Holder and Obama said "enough is enough".

It's a lose lose situation...deal with Issa demanding more and more everytime he hits a dead end...or claim EP and have wingnuts claim conspiracy.

congressional oversight is only good when the partisan hacks on the left are doing it.. we hear ya! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Just another NWO Global Elite scam. Good to see some Democrats calling their own out on it.

"In the past, most U.S. trade agreement texts have not been made available until after they were signed."

Like NAFTA? That really worked out well for American workers didn't it?

Go figure.

congressional oversight is only good when the partisan hacks on the left are doing it.. we hear ya! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

And EP can only be used if it is a wabid wrightie in the White House?

"In the past, most U.S. trade agreement texts have not been made available until after they were signed."

Like NAFTA? That really worked out well for American workers didn't it?

That was a bipartisan fuckup, only Ross Perot was screaming against it...

Now we need more Democrats & Republicans to hold their feet to the fire on this one. Lets not allow the NWO Global Elite assholes to screw the People again.

Trade negotiations are the exclusive privilege of the president, he answers to no one in this area.

Congress has no international authority. It's laws do not apply outside the US. Congress has no right to know the details of any negotiations between the Executive branch and any foreign government. And the last thing we want is for any international negotiations to be made public, and politicized by Congress. That includes peace negotiations with Israel, and trade negotiations.

In other words...you didn't....but are too much of a pussy to admit it and too ignorant to know what he claimed EP on to begin with.

CaféAuLait;5515741 said:
Will Obama ever been able to stand on his own or will Bush always be there to measure him against? He promised the most transparent presidency, hope and change. Why not demand that he do what he promised? What the American people BELIEVED of him?

His own party is demanding the information, if Democrats are demanding such so close to an election with much on the line, something piqued their concern.

Clinton invoked it 14 times, Bush 6, Obama 1. So far he is more transparent than the two of them. Just sayin.

There are lots of ways to hide things besides invoking executive privilege. You should learn more about what Obama is really doing, and how people who really care about issues like transparency think, before you make easily debunked claims in defense of Obama.

President Obama's muddy transparency record - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Go figure.

Why don't you give us some examples of how Issa moved the goalposts? Is it because you have no idea what you are talking about?

That may be so moonglow...but fuck that. I am a Democrat and an American working stiff. I'm sick of our jobs being sucked out of this country in order to make some fat cat exponentially wealthier while more and more of us fall deeper into poverty.

Trade negotiations are the exclusive privilege of the president, he answers to no one in this area.

I know you didn't forget about the fact that the Senate has to approve all treaties, so you obviously didn't mean what you said.

CaféAuLait;5515802 said:
You could be right, but this doesn't prove your point. And comparing Obama's 3.5 years to two Presidents combined terms is a little dishonest.

(emphasis added)

Dishonest? Are you serious, lol? After you compared TWO presidents four full terms, to Obama's invoking EP "only once" to tout that he was the “most transparent of them all” and has yet to finish a single term? I'm dishonest? :confused: Please.

I did not count it has 15 executive privileges compared to one. I simply stated Clinton used it 14 times, and Bush used it 6 times. You are trying to use this one time as your smoking gun. And until he is uses it more, you have no point.

So as of right now, George HW Bush and Obama since 1980 are the most transparent Presidents, if you use the Executive Privileges as a way to measure this sort of thing. Your statement comes across as if you are assuming he will evoke even more, you cannot use what you think might happen as a way to make a point.

damn--- liberal logic is a wonder to behold.

Forum List

Back