Democrats demand Access To Controversial Documents After Leak

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
WASHINGTON -- Four senators sent a letter to the Obama administration on Monday asking for greater congressional access to negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a controversial proposed free trade agreement that remains shrouded in secrecy.

Sens. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) signed the letter, which asks that congressional offices be given access to draft negotiations among the United States and eight other Pacific nations. The four senators also asked that nonprofit groups advocating "Internet freedom" policies be given access to the documents.

Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks: Senators Demand Access To Controversial Documents After Leak

I wonder if he will trot out executive privilege again? What happened to the ‘most transperant presidency”?

Any Second RM and Dean will be here telling us these 4 Democrats are actually White Christian Republicans on a which hunt.

Or:

bluedog.jpg

Damn those republicans, making Obama do this. If only christianity didnt exist!

Will Obama ever been able to stand on his own or will Bush always be there to measure him against? He promised the most transparent presidency, hope and change. Why not demand that he do what he promised? What the American people BELIEVED of him?

His own party is demanding the information, if Democrats are demanding such so close to an election with much on the line, something piqued their concern.

CaféAuLait;5515741 said:
Will Obama ever been able to stand on his own or will Bush always be there to measure him against? He promised the most transparent presidency, hope and change. Why not demand that he do what he promised? What the American people BELIEVED of him?

His own party is demanding the information, if Democrats are demanding such so close to an election with much on the line, something piqued their concern.

They are jumping ship.

CaféAuLait;5515741 said:

Clinton invoked it 14 times, Bush 6, Obama 1. So far he is more transparent than the two of them. Just sayin.

CaféAuLait;5515741 said:

Clinton invoked it 14 times, Bush 6, Obama 1. So far he is more transparent than the two of them. Just sayin.

Kinda hard to compare 3.5 ( Obama) years to 16 years ( Clinton and Bush) if you ask me. Again he promised transparency and change and we are not getting it. In fact in many an area he mirrors’s Bush policy, the very policy he said he would change.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5515759 said:
CaféAuLait;5515741 said:

Kinda hard to compare 3.5 ( Obama) years to 16 years ( Clinton and Bush) if you ask me. Again he promised transparency and change and we are not getting it. In fact in many an area he mirrors’s Bush policy, the very policy he said he would change.
You could be right, but this doesn't prove your point. And comparing Obama's 3.5 years to two Presidents combined terms is a little dishonest.

CaféAuLait;5515759 said:

You could be right, but this doesn't prove your point. And comparing Obama's 3.5 years to two Presidents combined terms is a little dishonest.

(emphasis added)

Dishonest? Are you serious, lol? After you compared TWO presidents four full terms, to Obama's invoking EP "only once" to tout that he was the “most transparent of them all” and has yet to finish a single term? I'm dishonest? :confused: Please.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5515802 said:
CaféAuLait;5515759 said:

(emphasis added)

Dishonest? Are you serious, lol? After you compared TWO presidents four full terms, to Obama's invoking EP "only once" to tout that he was the “most transparent of them all” and has yet to finish a single term? I'm dishonest? :confused: Please.

I did not count it has 15 executive privileges compared to one. I simply stated Clinton used it 14 times, and Bush used it 6 times. You are trying to use this one time as your smoking gun. And until he is uses it more, you have no point.

So as of right now, George HW Bush and Obama since 1980 are the most transparent Presidents, if you use the Executive Privileges as a way to measure this sort of thing. Your statement comes across as if you are assuming he will evoke even more, you cannot use what you think might happen as a way to make a point.

They should question it. We've seen how these so called "free trade" agreements work out. Great for the host country, great for the corporate bottom line and a downward spiral for the American workforce. Get the fucking money out of politics...when the chips are called in, it's always bad for the American people.

Forum List

Back