Democrats controlled congress since 07 yet Bush gets all the Blame?

President Bush behaved in an exemplary manner during the 9/11 crisis and as yet no honest or credible person has faulted his decision making capacity and/or performance during that time. The worst anybody could say about him then was that he continued a book reading for 11 minutes while being informed of the developing criris which nobody yet understood. Meanwhile, all airplanes were being grounded, SAC had scrambled, and top security measures were being put into place. No dereliction or neglect of duty there. His tax policy performed as billed and the deficit was dramatically coming down year after year and the budget would have again balanced within a year or two had the housing bubble not burst.

In subsequent years, we can legitimately question President Bush's and a bi-partisan Congress's support of the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions and how that was prosecuted through 2008. There is legitimate criticism of spending money we didn't have and didn't have to spend, of expanding government and entitlements, an unacceptable immigration policy, and an energy policy only a rabid, fanatical liberal could love, his handling of Katrina, and the failure to immediately start reining in Fannie and Freddie, and agreeing to TARP that greatly escalated the deficit/debt without producing the desired results.

To President Bush's credits, over the last three years of his administration, it is on the record that President Bush sternly warned Congress 17 times of the dangers created in the housing bubble and urging them to do something about it. Each time Frank and Dodd and others rushed before cameras to assure the public that all was well, Fannie and Freddie were in good shape and essentially sound, and nothing needed to be done.

So who do you blame for the housing bubble collapse? It's roots go all the way back to the Carter administration and the snowball has been accelerating ever since. But you can't hang even a lot of that one on George W. Bush without a HUGE dose of blame on many many others.

Last edited:
The Democrats consistently talked down the Economy. They prayed for an economic collapse 24/7. It was all about the power. It's always about that. Well they did get the power back and we've all suffered ever since. That's just reality.

Correct.

Because the policies that set the stage for the December 2007 recession were put into place during the six years republicans controlled the Federal government, legislation signed into law by GWB.

We are therefore suffering today from the consequence of those failed policies.

The Democrats consistently talked down the Economy. They prayed for an economic collapse 24/7. It was all about the power. It's always about that. Well they did get the power back and we've all suffered ever since. That's just reality.

I refuse to believe that utter bullshit you just allowed to dribble out of your mouth. Democrats like republicans have family and friends that would suffer from such dreams or hopes.

Are their a select few wackos on both sides that hope for disaster? Sure but that's not represenative of either party as a whole.

Correct.

Because the policies that set the stage for the December 2007 recession were put into place during the six years republicans controlled the Federal government, legislation signed into law by GWB.

Do you wear glasses for your SHORT sightedness?

Excuse me ding, dong - I'm not a democrat but - we are still paying for the Iraqi / Afghani fiascos.

Furthermore , Bush was a "compassionate conservative" which is Orwellian for "liberal democrat."

So shut the fuck up.

Excuse me but the wars cost 1 trillion. How much is our debt again?

Idiot

So democrats got their asses handed to them for being too much like the gop and then the solution was to replace them with real gop candidates?

That's right. It only seem paradoxical until you understand that the outcome of 2010 is one hundred percent explained by voter turnout -- specifically, by liberal voters staying home.

Hardly anyone who voted for Obama in 2008 also voted Republican in 2010. But a lot of people who voted for Obama in 2008 didn't vote at all in 2010. Why did that happen? Because the Democrats were elected to accomplish certain things and failed to deliver. Had they given us a health-care reform bill with a public option (or better, a single-payer system), and a better-constructed stimulus about twice the size of the one we got, and a restoration of Glass-Steagal instead of the pissant financial reform they enacted, they'd have won last year's election.

Last edited:
Correct.

Which legislation was that, deregulation of banking?

Too bad for your theory that it never happened.

Correct.

You know there is an old saying that there is no crime in being ignorant, but only the most ignorant open their mouth and remove all doubt about it. Aren't you the least bit embarrassed to write something like that only to illustrate how clueless about it you really are?

Excuse me ding, dong - I'm not a democrat but - we are still paying for the Iraqi / Afghani fiascos.

Furthermore , Bush was a "compassionate conservative" which is Orwellian for "liberal democrat."

So shut the fuck up.

Idiot

Excuse me fucktard, but there have been many Republican administrations since FDR's Marxist Revolution.

The Conservative movement was then essentially destroyed . the only difference between the new "conservatives" and the liberals is religion.

So shut the fuck up.

Idiot

Excuse me fucktard, but there have been many Republican administrations since FDR's Marxist Revolution.

The Conservative movement was then essentially destroyed . the only difference between the new "conservatives" and the liberals is religion.

What do you get from using explosive language for no reason? Does it help your little wanker not appear so little?

Grow up

Obama has his failures and its blamed on the Tea Party whom holds only partial power.

Funny how that works for the left.

Ohh no bush does not get all the blame, so does the republican led congress for the previous 6 years. And both sides of congress all the way back to 1980 plus a few other presidents.

Bush and Pubs deregulated as much as they could OBVIOUSLY (what do you think all that gleeful BS talk was about- no memory as usual), but the worst part was getting into bed with lobbyists and putting corporate hacks in charge of the SEC and all the other agencies no longer doing any enforcement.

Dems were in charge of the congress in name only- see blue dogs, and Booooosh vetoed everything but a still BS min. wage raise. The Dems basically said, "Go right ahead, myopic dipshyttes"....Greedy Corporate/Megarich tools all the way. So mouth some more bs propaganda...

national-debt-chart1.png

class dismissed.............

THE WEEKEND INTERVIEW
NOVEMBER 26, 2011.
'The New Tammany Hall' The historian of the American city on what Wall Street and the 'Occupy' movement have in common, and how government unions came to dominate state and local politics. .
By MATTHEW KAMINSKI
New York

'What has the country so angry," says Fred Siegel, "is the sense that crony capitalism has produced a population that lives off the rest of us without contributing. They're right. It's not paranoid."

The economic historian of the American city has spent a lot of this autumn on Wall Street. He met many of the protesters who camped out at Zuccotti Park, before the city's finest cleared them out last week. He also knows the bankers and finds the theater of the Occupy movement ironic.

"They're on the same side of the street politically," he says. "They're both in favor of big government. The Wall Street people I talk to, they get it completely." What he means is that the Bush and Obama administrations bailed out the large banks, and that economic stimulus and near-zero interest rates kept them flush. "Obama's crony capitalism has been very good for New York's crony capitalism," he says. Over at Zuccotti Park, "there are a few people there who do get it, but very little of their animosity follows from this."

Fred Siegel: 'The New Tammany Hall' - WSJ.com

Last edited:
1 trillion for the wars is ridiculously conservative...stupidest wars ever.

"In any conversation, the person without an argument can usually be identified by the fact that he calls someone else an idiot."

Except Fox/Rush/Moonie/Koch bots are proven idiots. Ask anybody but them...ANYBODY in the WORLD. tyvm.

1 trillion for the wars is ridiculously conservative...stupidest wars ever.

"In any conversation, the person without an argument can usually be identified by the fact that he calls someone else an idiot."

Except Fox/Rush/Moonie/Koch bots are proven idiots. Ask anybody but them...ANYBODY in the WORLD. tyvm.

And another dupe fruit loop poop post.

Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back