Democrats Continue To Waste Money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cammmpbell, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Damn shame we have to spend some "borrowed money" that doesn't end up in the coffers of Blackwater and Halliburton.

This Cray Titan was installed and is operated by ex operators from the shop I supervised 20-40 years ago at the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant(K-25). We installed Oak Ridge's first supercomputer in 1985. That Cray XMP 2/4 was funded by the centrifuge development project which at that time was a state-of-the-art part of the process of the separation of U-235 from U-238. It cost the government $8.5 million 1985 dollars and required over $2 million more for site prep. The Titan system is millions of times faster than that early Cray.

Titan's ready to roll; ORNL supercomputer may become world's No. 1 » Knoxville News Sentinel

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/blog/morning_call/2012/10/oak-ridges-titan-possibly-the.html

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,871
    Granny says, "Dat's right - dem politicians is wastin' the taxpayers money...
    :eusa_eh:
    Report: Redundant federal programs waste billions
    April 9, 2013 - WASHINGTON — Redundant federal programs are leading to billions in waste, congressional auditors say, and the government is slow to adopt reforms to fix the problem.
    See also:

Safe from Sequester: $704,198 for Gardening at NATO Ambassador’s Home
    April 9, 2013 - Just over a week after sequestration took effect, the State Department allotted more than $700,000 for gardening at a U.S. Ambassador’s residence in Brussels, Belgium.

3. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,967
    The gardening and landscaping budgets had my head spinning faster than Linda Blair's in the Exorcist.

I'm no fool. I do realize that these properties need to be properly maintained.

There were no monies for decent security for Ambassador Stevens and his staff; but at least we know that the flowers will blooming beautifully around the planet for other Embassies.