Democrats Change 181 Year-Old Rule To Allow Ilhan Omar To Wear Hijab In The House

The 10 commandments are Christian Law. Would you be so accepting if Sharia Law was on a plaque in a court house?
/---/ Actually it's a Jewish law, 611commandments shortened to 10 and adopted by Christians. See what you lean living in New York?
613 commandments - Wikipedia
Significance of 613. The Talmud notes that the Hebrew numerical value ( gematria) of the word "Torah" is 611, and combining Moses's 611 commandments with the first two of the Ten Commandments which were the only ones heard directly from God, adds up to 613. The Talmud attributes the number 613 to Rabbi Simlai,...

Interesting, however, The 10 commandments as presented by Moses are considered to be Christian law.

The 10 commandments were first proclaimed by Almighty God to the Jews, in actuality.

But the reality of the situation is that these 10 simple rules were meant for all mankind, regardless of their religion.

Actually they came from Chapter 125 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead*, but it's pretty damned arrogant to dictate to other people what their religion is.

Religion is a private, personal choice. You keep yours, let other people keep theirs.

* OMG that means they came from AY-rabs!!
hair-fire.gif

Of course you are wrong. The Ten Commandments came from Almighty God, not from "Ay-rabs", or any other humans.

which god? which version of the 10 Commandments?

The 10 commandments are Christian Law. Would you be so accepting if Sharia Law was on a plaque in a court house?
/---/ Actually it's a Jewish law, 611commandments shortened to 10 and adopted by Christians. See what you lean living in New York?
Significance of 613. The Talmud notes that the Hebrew numerical value ( gematria) of the word "Torah" is 611, and combining Moses's 611 commandments with the first two of the Ten Commandments which were the only ones heard directly from God, adds up to 613. The Talmud attributes the number 613 to Rabbi Simlai,...

Interesting, however, The 10 commandments as presented by Moses are considered to be Christian law.

The 10 commandments were first proclaimed by Almighty God to the Jews, in actuality.

But the reality of the situation is that these 10 simple rules were meant for all mankind, regardless of their religion.

Actually they came from Chapter 125 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead*, but it's pretty damned arrogant to dictate to other people what their religion is.

Religion is a private, personal choice. You keep yours, let other people keep theirs.

* OMG that means they came from AY-rabs!!
hair-fire.gif

Of course you are wrong. The Ten Commandments came from Almighty God, not from "Ay-rabs", or any other humans.

I didn't know they had video cameras back then.

This comparison again?

There is a difference between a plaque adorning a government building and a personal item of clothing.

Yes, both are religious in nature, but only one is made a part of a government building. Bulldog's example of a Sharia Law plaque is a much more apt comparison.
Yes. This old argument again? Both the hijab and plaque are religious symbols that proselytize merely by existing
in a government setting and context though they are not precisely the same thing. That's an irrelevant detail.

I thought our secular government forbade such things? Not for Islam, it looks like.

Not for Catholics either....

faith-moments_7-biden-e1329850751224.jpg

It's a piece of cloth, not a "religion". Religion is an abstract, not a physical object.

Establishment of religion in Congress is much more like having a chaplain read some mumbo-jumbo hypnosis spell.

The Ten Commandments plaque in the Alabama Supreme Court chamber is a physical object, yet was tossed in the dumpster at the insistence of liberals

It was a plaque moron! Get your facts straight.

This comparison again?

There is a difference between a plaque adorning a government building and a personal item of clothing.

Yes, both are religious in nature, but only one is made a part of a government building. Bulldog's example of a Sharia Law plaque is a much more apt comparison.
Yes. This old argument again? Both the hijab and plaque are religious symbols that proselytize merely by existing
in a government setting and context though they are not precisely the same thing. That's an irrelevant detail.

I thought our secular government forbade such things? Not for Islam, it looks like.

An individual expression of faith vs a government endorsement of faith (which is, I would think, the argument against putting religious symbols on government buildings) is an irrelevant detail?

Is your argument that any religious symbol worn by any representative is a government endorsement of religion of the same type as adding something to a government building, such as a plaque?

Is it your argument that the government forbids all representatives from wearing any sort of religious clothing or decoration, unless they believe in Islam?

This comparison again?

An individual expression of faith vs a government endorsement of faith (which is, I would think, the argument against putting religious symbols on government buildings) is an irrelevant detail?

Is your argument that any religious symbol worn by any representative is a government endorsement of religion of the same type as adding something to a government building, such as a plaque?

Is it your argument that the government forbids all representatives from wearing any sort of religious clothing or decoration, unless they believe in Islam?

In America, Christians have been barred from public workplaces because of religious garb- why should Omar be allowed to?

Nun banned from wearing habit in classroom due to Nebraska state law | Catholic Herald

Big deal. The law was a relic that hasn't been changed yet, and they are working on changing it. You'll note it only became law so many years ago after pressure from the KKK.

This comparison again?

In America, Christians have been barred from public workplaces because of religious garb- why should Omar be allowed to?

Nun banned from wearing habit in classroom due to Nebraska state law | Catholic Herald

That law apparently covers any religious garb, according to your link. It specifically mentions burqas. It also is a state law. Do you think Nebraska state law should cover members of Congress while they are in the Capitol Building?

I'm not agreeing with the Nebraska law, but that such a thing happened in on place does not mean it should happen in others.

Sorry but fuck her. She is a disgrace to congress and how and why she got elected is a disgrace. Muslim community voted her in and all she had done is disgraced the seat she holds. Plus to change a over hundred year law is even more disgusting. The Democrats wonder why people despise them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This comparison again?

Too bad your information is not current. The ban was lifted in 2017 less than two months after your link.

Nebraska ends ban on religious garb in public schools

Sorry but fuck her. She is a disgrace to congress and how and why she got elected is a disgrace. Muslim community voted her in and all she had done is disgraced the seat she holds. Plus to change a over hundred year law is even more disgusting. The Democrats wonder why people despise them.

When a law reaches a certain age, should it no longer be subject to change?

You’re nuts. There was no law changed for her.

This is an expression of religion! I guess it’s OK when it comes to iSLAM. We’re screwed as a nation. Fucking ABNORMALS and worthless, spineless Repukes are taking us down the path of destruction!....Wherr are the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE scumbags when they should be up in arms....but dont let a 66 year old cross stand on public property to memorialize our fallen war heros!

For 181 years, the U.S. House of Representatives has imposed a ban on its members wearing head coverings. With Ilhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress, set to take her oath of office in January, that rule—which would have prohibited her wearing her customary headscarves or the hijab—is slated to change.

The change was proposed jointly by Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Incoming Rules Chairman Jim McGovern and member-elect Ilhan Omar as part of a larger overhaul package.

When Omar is sworn in next year, she will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf. Her arrival will mark a number of other “firsts” as well. The Minnesota Democrat will be the first Somali-American in Congress and the first woman of color to represent her state in Washington. She’ll be joined by fellow Midwestern Democrat, Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib, as the first two Muslim women in Congress.

Hats of any kind have been banned from the House floor since 1837.

Read more at citizenfreepress.com ...

omarilhan_111518gn2_lead.jpg
I don't care about what she has on her head, however, as the number of Islamists grow in this nation, so to will the number of Islamist politicians and their religious influence, eventually changing laws to meet their religious teachings, which in turn, mandate that even non-Muslims "must" abide by Islamic laws; those not abiding by Islamic law are oppressed, persecuted and worse. One just has to look across the world at all Islamic nations, they were once....not Islamic nations and the change is never peaceful. Even in those few Islamic nations where their laws permit the freedom of religion, non-Muslims are persecuted. Thankfully, it won't happen in my life-time, but at some point, in the future, our descendants will suffer under it, if they don't convert to it and those politicians who didn't believe that such a thing could happen, will be reviled.

You are correct (and I'm still throwing up in my mouth a little to say it). This wasn't a law; it was a procedural rule, a dress code.

This is an expression of religion! I guess it’s OK when it comes to iSLAM. We’re screwed as a nation. Fucking ABNORMALS and worthless, spineless Repukes are taking us down the path of destruction!....Wherr are the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE scumbags when they should be up in arms....but dont let a 66 year old cross stand on public property to memorialize our fallen war heros!

For 181 years, the U.S. House of Representatives has imposed a ban on its members wearing head coverings. With Ilhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress, set to take her oath of office in January, that rule—which would have prohibited her wearing her customary headscarves or the hijab—is slated to change.

The change was proposed jointly by Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Incoming Rules Chairman Jim McGovern and member-elect Ilhan Omar as part of a larger overhaul package.

When Omar is sworn in next year, she will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf. Her arrival will mark a number of other “firsts” as well. The Minnesota Democrat will be the first Somali-American in Congress and the first woman of color to represent her state in Washington. She’ll be joined by fellow Midwestern Democrat, Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib, as the first two Muslim women in Congress.

Hats of any kind have been banned from the House floor since 1837.

Read more at citizenfreepress.com ...

omarilhan_111518gn2_lead.jpg
------------------- Shouldn't have happened .

You are correct (and I'm still throwing up in my mouth a little to say it).

It's not the first time. Member back when you had integrity about Rump's worthless character and you and I found ourselves on the same side?

I know, that was creepy. But it was also right.

You are correct (and I'm still throwing up in my mouth a little to say it).

It's not the first time. Member back when you had integrity about Rump's worthless character and you and I found ourselves on the same side?

I know, that was creepy. But it was also right.
9c579a3a-d957-4903-9395-85e5be41b748-gif.499519

Forum List

Back