Democrats Can't Be Serious.Now They Are Concerned Over The Debt And Deficit? Laughable?

Last month of GWB was close to 800000 jobs lost and went down for a few months after before Obama righted the ship

When was it righted? America missed that occurance.
75 straight months of job gains in triple digits and you missed it?? Hope you get a job....in the coal mines

2009%20to%202016_zpst3rh2zsx.jpg

Only about 200 billion of the stimulus was spent in 2009, Bush owns 1.2 trillion of the 1.4 trillion 2009 fiscal year spending deficit HE approved.

As you know, the 2009 budget proposed by President George Bush was never voted on by congress. When finally approved, it was signed by President Barack Hussein Obama in March 2009. Six months after the start of the fiscal year.
The debt increased by about a trillion dollars during those 6 months...

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

The way conservatives wail about the debt one would think they would have tried to pay it off instead of adding to it. The debt has only been paid off once and that by a Democrat. If the parties took turns it would be the Republican's turn. Must be one of Trump's goals, if not the debt surely a balanced budget.

The way conservatives wail about the debt one would think they would have tried to pay it off instead of adding to it. The debt has only been paid off once and that by a Democrat. If the parties took turns it would be the Republican's turn. Must be one of Trump's goals, if not the debt surely a balanced budget.

Trump did promise to pay off the national debt. And of course like most of his promises, he took it back.

Nuclear weapons are constantly being refurbished.. I live about 15 miles from the Y-12 plant in Oak Ridge and that's what they do there......24/7/365. Atomic activity is constantly present in such weapons and if not upgraded periodically they become useless.

Refurbished yes, MODERNIZED no.

I have a 1966 Pontiac GTO I've had since I bought it in 1970 for $1,500. Over the decades I have replaced a lot of parts. About 2005 I totally refurbished the car with an off frame restoration. I stiffened the frame, had the engine rebuilt by a company that rebuilds engines for NASCAR. It was bored out from 389 to 421, full race cam, increased compression ratio and lots more. LOTS of other fun things.

Bottom line, it IS a 1966 Goat which is refurbished. It has lots of carburetors but no computer controlled fuel injection, there is no six, eight or ten speed electronically controlled transmission, no camera's everywhere, quite some years ago I did replace the drum brakes with discs, I did that myself. They don't automatically brake when something stops in front or in the back of me if I'm backing up. The windshield wipers don't come on by themselves nor do the headlights dim by themselves.

So while it is refurbished, it certainly is NOT modernized.

Nuclear weapons and the United States
United States of America
Total tests 1,054 detonations
Peak stockpile 31,255 warheads (1967)
Current stockpile 4,000
Current strategic arsenal 1,900 methods of delivery (including ICBMs, bombers, and including MIRVed warheads on SLBMs )

One of my closest friends had a new 1966 GTO with tri-power. Gawd what a machine! I was about 30 years old then and had a new 1965, 327 Chevy with 4 in the floor. He used to finish me off in the first 150 yards :)

Last edited:

Don't hold your breath!

2009 - spending via Obama...

Omnibus spending bill - Approved by the House before Obama took office but held over by Pelosi because Bush threatened to veto it. Signed by Obama. 410 Billion
American Re-investment and Recovery Act (Stimulus) - Signed by Obama. 787 Billion and change.
(TARP - half - 350 Billion
btw- did Senator Obama vote for TARP? - can't quite recall)

Can you do the math?

Except Bush added 6 trillion not to the 6 trillion he inherited from Reagan and his father, and so even 9 trillion added does not double 12 trillion.

:biggrin:
I'll take that as a no.

You're such a fruit-loop dingus. .

Ok...so can you do the math?

Bush owns ALL that debt accumulated in FY2009 since it was all the result of his Great Recession. Had he not cratered the economy, Obama wouldn't have had to spend a dime in stimulus.

I'll take that as another no. :eusa_naughty:

Now this guy took debt very seriously...he apparently possessed at least a passing familiarity with math, and harshly berated deficit spending, added debt...

...until he became president, that is.

:laugh2:

So yes, OP, the situational concern over debt and deficit by our leftist friends might be laughable...if it wasn't so tragic. 9.3 Trillion worth of tragic.

Notice the Right will not say the national debt went down one year under Clinton!

Why would anyone say the national debt has gone down? It hasn't. It's gone up every year no matter who the President was!

The sad thing is that now the interest each year is about the same thing as the defense budget. These foreign banks have a thing about lending money for nothing.

The U.S. debt to China is $1.059 trillion, as of February 2017. That's 27.8 percent of the $3.8 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $19.9 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself.

I didn't notice you whining and blubbering when Obama signed his $1 trillion dollar "stimulus" bill that was not paid for.

What the hell else could he do coming out of a George W. Bush fiasco which left jobs bleeding off at a 200,000 per month rate?

Monthly_0208_0514.jpg

Come back when you have one that goes back to January 2001 through December 2008.

private-sector-job-creation-by-president-political-party.jpg

Only about 200 billion of the stimulus was spent in 2009, Bush owns 1.2 trillion of the 1.4 trillion 2009 fiscal year spending deficit HE approved.

As you know, the 2009 budget proposed by President George Bush was never voted on by congress. When finally approved, it was signed by President Barack Hussein Obama in March 2009. Six months after the start of the fiscal year.
A legacy?

The rich got their bailout, blacks didn't.

Already debunked that bullshit, here it is again:

Obama's Spending: 'Inferno' or Not? - FactCheck.org
  • Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.
  • President Bush signed the massive spending bill under which the government was operating when Obama took office. That was Sept. 30, 2008. As The Associated Press noted, it combined “a record Pentagon budget with aid for automakers and natural disaster victims, and increased health care funding for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.”
  • Bush also signed, on Oct. 3, 2008, a bank bailout bill that authorized another $700 billion to avert a looming financial collapse (though not all of that would end up being spent in fiscal 2009, and Obama later signed a measure reducing total authorized bailout spending to $475 billion).
  • On Jan. 7, 2009 — two weeks before Obama took office — the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office issued its regular budget outlook, stating: “CBO projects that the deficit this year will total $1.2 trillion.”
  • CBO attributed the rapid rise in spending to the bank bailout and the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – plus rising costs for unemployment insurance and other factors driven by the collapsing economy (which shed 818,000 jobs in January alone).
  • Another factor beyond Obama’s control was an automatic 5.8 percent cost of living increase announced in October 2008 and given to Social Security beneficiaries in January 2009. It was the largest since 1982. Social Security spending alone rose $66 billion in fiscal 2009, and Medicare spending, driven by rising medical costs, rose $39 billion.
How Much Did Obama Add?

But it’s also true that Obama signed a number of appropriations bills, plus other legislation and executive orders, that raised spending for the remainder of fiscal 2009 even above the path set by Bush. By our calculations, Obama can be fairly assigned responsibility for a maximum of $203 billion in additional spending for that year.

It can be argued that the total should be lower. Economist Daniel J. Mitchell of the libertarian CATO Institute — who once served on the Republican staff of the Senate Finance Committee — has put the figure at $140 billion.
Tax policy should have more, real political and incorporated wartime tax rates; so we always have an Army Group and Naval Armada, in reserve.

New Topics

Forum List

Back