Democrats Can Govern ???? Don't think so.

Progressives aka Democrats see there's a problem and they start throwing money at it trying to fix it. Conservatives aka Republicans see the problem and focus on a solution.

What's done is done, most things can't be undone but there's always a way to fix it so it prevents an all out catastrophe. Progressives are often so late to the party they are in too big of a hurry so they just rig it and move on. Maybe that bubblegum in the dam will hold, if it doesn't, let someone else worry about it, later. ;)

South Carolina is one of the poorest states it the country

And so bringing jobs to the state is a good thing.

Got it.

not if the jobs are paying what jobs pay in mexico.

We yea, there's that welfare thing. You can make more money staying on welfare than you can actually working.

I don't know, I raised two kids by myself and would take any job that put food on the table. I wasn't too proud and I certainly didn't think any job was beneath my skill level. Because I was willing to work hard, raises and additional benefits happened often.

So I guess the left feels like no dollars an hour is better than $10.00 an hour because they can make more just staying home.

Think of all the contrasts available between adroit Republican governors and flailing Democratic ones.
Yea look at walker hiring fellons.

First, lets get the entire quote in there:

Think of all the contrasts available between adroit Republican governors and flailing Democratic ones. For one, the surreal spectacle of Wisconsin Democrats focusing resources on their third election campaign since the 2010 election to defeat Scott Walker's collective bargaining reform, even when that reform is no longer a real issue, shows that Democrats are in election mode every moment of every year.

This difference has shown up elsewhere in state and local government. Rudy Giuliani may not have been a conservative, but as Mayor of New York, he was a courageous and effective leader, which gained him admiration from conservatives. The contrast between Giuliani and Dinkins, the hapless Democrat cipher who preceded him, is stark.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is also not conservative, but he is an honest and courageous executive in the spirit of Giuliani. The contrast between Christie and Jon Corzine, his Democrat predecessor who has managed to mislay one billion dollars of investors' money, is stunning.

In 2005, when Hurricane Katrina blasted the states around the Gulf of Mexico, Democrat Governor Blanco of Louisiana engaged in crass political maneuvering against her rival Democrat Mayor Negin of New Orleans. Republican Governor Barbour, meanwhile, in neighboring Mississippi, acted decisively and effectively to protect his fellow Mississippians.

Next....Yes, Scott Walker mean to hire a bunch of felons. Just like Obama intended to hire a bunch of tax dodgers. The only difference being that Obama has the resources to vet these people. But let's not let that get in the way.
Look at rick scott purging real voters from the rolls,[/QUOTE]

Real Voters....hahahahaha

Is that all you can do ?

If people in Florida don't like what Rick Scott is doing, they can fire him.

But he is governing.

BTW: I really don't like the guy (from what I have seen of him), but it has been reported that his popularity, while low, is improving. Maybe people like what he is doing

Palin who resigned because she was under half a dozen corruption probes,

Yes, she is in jail having been convicted.....ooops, guess not.

Being investigated is a good sign in my book. It means you are doing something to piss off the opposition.

BTW: She was seen as being pretty successful and probably does not get the credit she deserves.

As I write in the piece, her critics dismiss her out of hand for a number of obvious reasons, especially for her abrupt decision two years ago to quit her governorship. But in her brief tenure as governor, Palin was strikingly effective on the issue that matters most in Alaska, its oil and gas politics. Through sheer force of will (and a willingness to cooperate with Democrats), she managed to solve, at least for a time, the problem that lay at the heart of Alaska's politics for a generation: how to break the oil companies' grip on the state and capture a fair share of their profits for Alaskans. Palin's major achievement was winning an oil tax that did just that and was called Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share (ACES). While reporting the piece, I came to think of it as her "secret" success because, while there is nothing hidden about it, no one, including Palin herself that I can see, pays it any mind -- even though it has helped bring Alaska a $12 billion budget surplus, an achievement most presidential hopefuls would brag about incessantly (and justifiably).

Romney who saw the shitties employment growth in the country

Blah blah blah.....From the net:

The Romney campaign doesn’t challenge the statistic, but argues that focusing on job creation alone misses crucial context regarding what Romney achieved in office.

“Governor Romney took office in the midst of a recession and presided over a reversal in the state’s fortunes,” says Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul. “As governor he confronted an economy very similar to Obama’s economy: high unemployment and no job creation. However, under his leadership and economic reforms, the Massachusetts unemployment rate went from 5.6 percent to 4.7 percent, and the state had a positive record of nearly 50,000 new jobs created.”

“He came in between as the recovery was just about to begin, and then he left before the next recession hit. So the economy was beginning to recover, but we had been hit particularly hard by the dot-com bust,” observes Michael Widmer, president of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation. Bolstering Widmer’s point is a 2007 study done by Massachusetts Institute for a New Economy that found the Bay State had the most severe job loss in light of the high-tech sector’s downfall. While the national average was a 2 percent job loss, Massachusetts suffered one of 6 percent.

He also worked wonders with the budget. But, you really don't matter to me.....so I'll move on.

To bad or Hailey whose not under fire for being corrupt

Your point ?

, or Brewer who disbanded studies into private prisons because it show they costs the state more (guess how much money she got from that industry).

My native state and I know for a fact she is seen (by both sides) as being strong. Regardless of whether or not you agree with her, she makes decisions. The most visible one is apparent.

What most people don't know is that she advocated to rais the state sales tax a full 1% to balance the budget.

That has hurt her with the GOP.

Well, what do you know........?

Furthermore republican states have 30% more poverty 20% less GDP per capital, 80% more corruption, more crime, worse working conditions, more woker place accidents, more pollution, lower quality and attainment of education, less people with health care, More STD's, higher teen birth rates all despite getting more federal money then they pay in taxes.
Sounds amazing

Yes, look at the list of top 10 of the poorer states.

Most of them are former democratic strongholds.

And they were even worse then !

Good job guys.

thewall-i4185.jpg

Last edited:
How can Republicans clean Democrat clocks all over the country? All it will take is a simple message: Republicans can govern. Democrats can't.

Think of all the contrasts available between adroit Republican governors and flailing Democratic ones. For one, the surreal spectacle of Wisconsin Democrats focusing resources on their third election campaign since the 2010 election to defeat Scott Walker's collective bargaining reform, even when that reform is no longer a real issue, shows that Democrats are in election mode every moment of every year.

This difference has shown up elsewhere in state and local government. Rudy Giuliani may not have been a conservative, but as Mayor of New York, he was a courageous and effective leader, which gained him admiration from conservatives. The contrast between Giuliani and Dinkins, the hapless Democrat cipher who preceded him, is stark.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is also not conservative, but he is an honest and courageous executive in the spirit of Giuliani. The contrast between Christie and Jon Corzine, his Democrat predecessor who has managed to mislay one billion dollars of investors' money, is stunning.

In 2005, when Hurricane Katrina blasted the states around the Gulf of Mexico, Democrat Governor Blanco of Louisiana engaged in crass political maneuvering against her rival Democrat Mayor Negin of New Orleans. Republican Governor Barbour, meanwhile, in neighboring Mississippi, acted decisively and effectively to protect his fellow Mississippians.

Read more: Articles: The Grand Theme of Governing

And for all you libs itching to type the name Bill Clinton, please keep in mind he was a mess his first two years. He got re-elected because he cooperated with an outstanding congress that helped guide this nation to some pretty good times.

Anyway....I enjoyed the article.

Suck on it libs.

Democrats govern for the poor, the crippled, the elderly and the sick. Republicans govern for the 1%, the defense department and the corporations...period.

Every piece of legislation passed for the downtrodden and screwed people in this country during my lifetime has been proposed and signed into law by the Democratic party.............'course I'm just 77 years old.

Last edited:
Is that why the federal government passed more good things for the country in 2 years under Democrats then the past 30 years of republican control?

:lol: Like what? You mean the health care legislation that the SCOTUS is about to strike down as unconstitutional? :lol:

Or perhaps you mean that balanced budget they finally passed. Oh wait, they didn't pass an unbalanced budget. They haven't passed a budget in almost four years now.

Forum List

Back