Democrats call for 'new direction'

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Jun. 16, 2006 at 3:57PM
Democratic Party leaders in the U.S. Congress Friday announced a "new direction," with a plan that seeks affordable healthcare and fiscal responsibility.
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., issued a release claiming the "failed Bush Republican leadership has taken America in the wrong direction."
"Our new direction will advance a common agenda, seek common ground, and apply common sense in the service of the common good," said Pelosi. "We know that with a new direction, we can meet our national challenges in a way that makes our nation stronger, our economy more vibrant and our families more secure."
Among the points in the plan, Democrats said they would change the prescription drug program and invest in stem-cell research; lower gas prices through elimination of subsidies for oil companies and "restore the budget discipline of the 1990s that helped eliminate deficits and spur record economic growth."
:teeth:
http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20060616-031332-1317r.htm

Stephanie said:
Jun. 16, 2006 at 3:57PM
Democratic Party leaders in the U.S. Congress Friday announced a "new direction," with a plan that seeks affordable healthcare and fiscal responsibility.
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., issued a release claiming the "failed Bush Republican leadership has taken America in the wrong direction."
"Our new direction will advance a common agenda, seek common ground, and apply common sense in the service of the common good," said Pelosi. "We know that with a new direction, we can meet our national challenges in a way that makes our nation stronger, our economy more vibrant and our families more secure."
Among the points in the plan, Democrats said they would change the prescription drug program and invest in stem-cell research; lower gas prices through elimination of subsidies for oil companies and "restore the budget discipline of the 1990s that helped eliminate deficits and spur record economic growth."
:teeth:
http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20060616-031332-1317r.htm

Ahhhh the great " we are going to something different " plan !!!!:duh3:

dilloduck said:
Ahhhh the great " we are going to something different " plan !!!!:duh3:

Yep.. And their going to do it for us COMMON folks.:banana:

dilloduck said:
It's good to be "common" and have the Dems protect me ! :rotflmao:

What was that catchy phrase that Hillda Clinton used once?

We're going to take away your tax cuts for the common good.:eek2:

She failed to mention the tax increase that will accompany new social programs.

Why do the Dems remind me of the bachelor that says “I do love you, really I do” only intending to get in her panties?:rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
She failed to mention the tax increase that will accompany new social programs.

Why do the Dems remind me of the bachelor that says “I do love you, really I do” only intending to get in her panties?:rotflmao:

Because they think us common folk are STUPID...:poke:

Forum List

Back