Democrats best hope for president: Jerry Brown

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
What makes Jerry brilliant is he knows how to balance a budget and is not afraid of who has to go, to make that happen. He also is logical, as the excerpt below shows.

Perhaps this is the reason why the public holds the state government in such low esteem. And that's a profound problem, not just for those of us who are elected, but for our whole system of self-government. Without the trust of the people, politics degenerates into mere spectacle; and democracy declines, leaving demagoguery and cynicism to fill the void.

The year ahead will demand courage and sacrifice. The budget I propose will assume that each of us who are elected to do the people's business will rise above ideology and partisan interest and find what is required for the good of California. There is no other way forward. In this crisis, we simply have to learn to work together as Californians first, members of a political party second.

In seeking the Office of Governor, I said I would be guided by three principles.

First, speak the truth. No more smoke and mirrors on the budget. No empty promises.

Second, no new taxes unless the people vote for them.

Third, return--as much as possible--decisions and authority to cities, counties and schools, closer to the people.

http://www.votesmart.org/speech_detail.php?sc_id=627244

Last edited:
What makes Jerry brilliant is he knows how to balance a budget and is not afraid of who has to go, to make that happen. He also is logical, as the excerpt below shows.

Perhaps this is the reason why the public holds the state government in such low esteem. And that's a profound problem, not just for those of us who are elected, but for our whole system of self-government. Without the trust of the people, politics degenerates into mere spectacle; and democracy declines, leaving demagoguery and cynicism to fill the void.

The year ahead will demand courage and sacrifice. The budget I propose will assume that each of us who are elected to do the people's business will rise above ideology and partisan interest and find what is required for the good of California. There is no other way forward. In this crisis, we simply have to learn to work together as Californians first, members of a political party second.

In seeking the Office of Governor, I said I would be guided by three principles.

First, speak the truth. No more smoke and mirrors on the budget. No empty promises.

Third, return--as much as possible--decisions and authority to cities, counties and schools, closer to the people.

Project Vote Smart - Governor Edmund G. 'Jerry' Brown, Jr. - Governor Brown's Inaugural Remarks at Swearing-In Ceremony

What? :eek:

So are you saying the obama isnt the "one" for the dems after all?

:lol:

Project Vote Smart - Governor Edmund G. 'Jerry' Brown, Jr. - Governor Brown's Inaugural Remarks at Swearing-In Ceremony

:lol:....sorry....the guy is too fucking old.....at least he doesnt have any hair to turn grey.....

Thank you for demonstrating why Obama will not be reelected. Even his supporters dont want him in again.

What? :eek:

So are you saying the obama isnt the "one" for the dems after all?

:lol:

I never said he was. He was just the best choice left after republicans voted for him in the primaries. Now can we talk about your thighs? I mean about Jerry Brown as the Democrat President? Someone who has more balls that the entire rightwing of dummies?

Last edited:

:lol:....sorry....the guy is too fucking old.....at least he doesnt have any hair to turn grey.....

GW Bush is a lot older than he is, by 14 years.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back