Democrats assess the threats to U.S. national security

red states rule

May 30, 2006
No wonder the Dem Congress is at 28%

What a difference an election makes. The House of Representatives debated whether global warming is so serious a threat to American national security that the Director of National Intelligence, normally busy with issues like al Qaeda, Iranian nuclear research, and North Korean missiles, should be ordered to put aside other projects to create a special National Intelligence Estimate on climate change. So far, majority Democrats have pushed the proposal through the House Intelligence Committee — on a party-line vote — and there is a good chance it will become part of the final intelligence authorization bill passed by Congress.

“Climate change can have a serious impact on military operations and exacerbate global tensions,” says Democratic Rep. Sylvestre Reyes, the intelligence committee chairman, pointing to a report by a group of retired high-ranking military officers who recommend taking global warning into account in national-security strategy.

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=ODIzYjVmN2I2ZWE5NDBmMzU0Y2MwZTE4NjM2ZDMzODU=

Since the Libs know how shorthanded the CIA is today, they want the CIA to divert their attention to the effects of GLOBAL WARMING on terror??????

Hello! Sounds like Nancy is looking for more support out there in SanFranthisco for her husbands TIDAL resources that might help his Hotel Chain Succeed...to me!

Well while I don't agree that Global Warming is the threat it is made out to be, if one does believe it then it would make sense to get intel on what impact it will potentially have on military operations. Depending on how much resources and manpower is required I would say this is a reasonable request.

Well while I don't agree that Global Warming is the threat it is made out to be, if one does believe it then it would make sense to get intel on what impact it will potentially have on military operations. Depending on how much resources and manpower is required I would say this is a reasonable request.

at least this will make the tree huggers happy

maybe Al Gore will make a guest appearance at the hearings

or maybe Obama will hop in his SUV. come to DC, and lecture Congress on the horrors of global warming

Forum List

Back