Democrats asking for questions banned from debates

Did any of you guys actually read the article, rather than just the headline?

They didn't ask for the question to be "banned" from the debate, they just had a problem with limiting the question to Simpson-Bowles.

Where did you this info I have a feeling it was from Fox anf of course they are such a reputable"news" organization, if you have no thoughts of your own they are.

Are you so stupid that you did not read the linked article from politico.com??

Yes, yes you are...

Obama didn't eat A dog, he didn't eat HIS dog LOL. He was fed dog, a regular part of indonesian food at the time, at the age of nine or so. You people are ridiculously ignorant and proud of it.

Nobody in the Obama campaign is in involved in the idiotic OP...

I know, let's cut taxes on the bloated rich, destroy Medicare and health reform, raise taxes and fees on the nonrich, let corporate cheats run wild, cut aid to states and localities, raise military spending to more than the rest of the world combined, and worry about the debt in 2035. Absolute idiocy, dupes.

Last edited:
Where did you this info I have a feeling it was from Fox anf of course they are such a reputable"news" organization, if you have no thoughts of your own they are.

Have you tried reading the link at the beginning of the thread, it was reported by Politico, maybe you should actually read before spouting stupidity.

Obama didn't eat A dog, he didn't eat HIS dog LOL. He was fed dog, a regular part of indonesian food at the time, at the age of nine or so. You people are ridiculously ignorant and proud of it.

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy),“Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths." - Barack Obama Dreams From My Father

Indonesia is predominantly Muslim, a faith which considers dog meat, along with pork to be "haram" (ritually unclean) and therefore do not eat it.

I think this more Obama talking shit.

Did any of you guys actually read the article, rather than just the headline?

They didn't ask for the question to be "banned" from the debate, they just had a problem with limiting the question to Simpson-Bowles.

I was scrolling down to see if anyone had. Apparently not: Here is the text of the article:

Democrats want debate question barred
By: Tomer Ovadia
August 14, 2012 04:01 PM EDT

Some Democratic lawmakers want to make sure that one question does not get asked at the upcoming first presidential debate - about Simpson-Bowles.

Three Democratic House members objected Tuesday to a request by four senators that President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney be asked which of the commission’s proposals to address the debt they support. The Democrats said such a question would force “candidates to choose solutions from one menu of options.”

In the original letter, Sens. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Joe Lieberman, (I-Conn.) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) asked the debate commission to devote “specific and extensive attention to the question of how the candidates would get our nation’s fiscal house in order during the first debate dedicated to domestic policy.”

“Specifically, we request that you ask the presidential candidates which of the recommendations of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform they would adopt as part of their plan to reduce the deficit,” they wrote.

(Also on POLITICO: How Ryan spurned deficit commission)

But that caused Reps. Mike Honda (D-Calif.), Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) to cry foul, writing in their own letter to the debate commission on Tuesday that although the Simpson-Bowles commission’s plan “may contain proposals helpful to our recovery…to hold it out as the only pathway to fiscal responsibility and economic success is foolish and wrong.”

“We urge the [Debate] Commission to fight any effort to unnecessarily narrow such an important debate by placing disproportionate attention on one set of proposals over another,” they wrote, adding that such a question would “cheapen the debate” and “thwart the candidates’ ability to explain alternative proposals.”

The Democrats also criticized the Simpson-Bowles commission in their letter, saying that while it seeks to address the debt, it doesn’t address priorities in infrastructure, education, research and other investments, and that the plan “asks seniors, the middle class, and military personnel to sacrifice more, while those with the most are asked to do even less to help in our recovery.”

“Voters deserve to know where the candidates stand on these issues, the solutions to which are simply absent from the Simpson-Bowles plan,” they wrote.

The first debate will take place on Oct. 3 and will focus on domestic policy issues.

I will join those who are expressing outrage that the moderators can be influenced by outsiders who want questions asked.

I will further join those who think the debate is a sham. It is.

I may have posted this yesterday. Romney should just say he has no intentions of participating in debates that are moderated by blatantly biased moderators.

Candy Crowley already let her bias show just a few days ago. Bob Schieffer is a partisan hack. Jim Lehrer is tolerable but he works for PBS which is funded by the government and is embroiled in controversy.

There is no way Romney gets a fair shake even if it hits 5 grand slams during the debate. These moderators will let Obama ramble and nedver follow up on anything that he says that should be challenged.

I'd respect Romney even more if he had the balls to say no to the debates.

Sorry if I misspelled their names.

The format is outdated anyway because there is no real debate. It's like a biased press conference

Both sides agreed to the moderators.

Now this is a new low. Democrats asking to have all questions regarding the Debt Commsision banned from the debates. You kniow....the debt commission Obama developped and WE PAID for...
What are they hiding?

Democrats want debate question barred - Tomer Ovadia - POLITICO.com

Democrats don't ask questions they make outrageous accusations...

When idiots say shit like "why do you want to kill people?" what the fuck do you expect?

Sometimes people need to go in the "ignore list" in the public forum...

SPOILER ALERT: I already know what Obama is going to say whenever he is asked a question:
"Um....I ahh...Now lookit... We ahh... Forward... Ummm... Ahhh... Well... Inherited... Ah... Bush... Ummm... Hope... Ha... Ahhh.... Look, we ahh.... Rich people...ahhh... Unfair... Let me... Ahhh... Um... Ahh... I ahh... Oh I ah... Um... Ahhh....Ummm.... Inherited."

Would not surprise me if Obama refused to participate unless he gets to 'approve' the questions ahead of time.

ABC, CBS, PBS, CNN, NBC, all of the friends of Obama will conduct the debates.

FOX.......no such luck.

The questions will favor Obama and he will have them in advance. Bain will be mentioned often.

Last edited:
I get a kick out of the left.

They call us racist, terrorists, Sons Of Bitches, call us felons, murderers, and everything else you could imagine, but that's justified.

But if we accuse them of rigging the debates.........

....OW.....OW......OWWWWWW!!!!!! YOU'VE BECOME UNHINGED!!!!

Ideal democrat debate questions:

"Mr. Romney, how would you deal with Iran's development of nuclear arms"

"Mr President, what is your favorite color and can we confirm that you do prefer strawberry ice cream."

And I'm fucken fed up with Obama boozing it up, Hillary getting plastered in Columbia, but don't let us catch Bush touching one fucken drop.

Mother fucker is a drunk!!!!!!!!

Just saying.

*throwing my hands up*

And I'm fucken fed up with Obama boozing it up, Hillary getting plastered in Columbia, but don't let us catch Bush touching one fucken drop.

Mother fucker is a drunk!!!!!!!!

Just saying.

*throwing my hands up*

Bush actually is an alcoholic; he decided to stop drinking because his wife was going to leave him.

Forum List

Back