Democrats: Are you happy with the Party?

Are you happy with the Democrats since January 2009?

• Total voters
During a conversation this weekend, a Republican family member and I started to discuss something interesting:

As a Democrat, are you happy with the progress made since January of 2009?

Currently the Democrats enjoy majority control of the House, a Philibuster proof majority in the Senate, and control of the White House. And yet, they can't seem to bring people in line to pass party objectives like the public option in health care reform.

With 2010 coming around, the question has to be asked: Are you happy with the Democrats now they have control?

Some, yes. I am not entirely happy with Harry Reid and most of the time Pelosi. They're both rather weak and they are lacking in communication skills.

I think the administration could be a little more assertive especially with these two and with Republicans who don't have anything more planned than obstruction. I think the Democratic leadership wants to do the right thing all the time so it makes them tentative at times.

Let me make this very clear to you, the Republicans can't obstruct ANYTHING, congress and the senate are in full control of both houses with a filibuster proof senate. The trouble is in the democratic party itself, they have only themselves to blame for any and all failures that happens under this administration.

Yes congress and the senate is in control of the congress and the senate.:lol:

Couldn't resist. Anyway yeah your right. They f-up this time it's there fault... it's way past time for a multi-party system.

The problem is the majority of the citizenry actively oppose the "reforms" the Dems are offering...

And if there's one thing that puts the fear of God in politicians, it's the possiblity they won't get re-elected.

I have no idea what the majority of our citizens oppose or support. Do you? I know I support reform and I voted for Obama because the Republican Party seems to be the party of the status quo. And the status qou benefits the few at the expense of the many.

The Democrats have a super majority in congress.

The President of the United States is also a Democrat.

All the ingredients required to pass any legislation.

And yet...legislation is not being passed.

What other theories or hypothesis would you advance to account for this conundrum to replace from the one I've already submitted?

My theory is President Obama wants to be the anti-Biush, he does not want to be divisive, and wants to reunite our nation. Hard to do when the Republican leadership (rush limbaigh) and his fellow travellers hope he fails.

During a conversation this weekend, a Republican family member and I started to discuss something interesting:

As a Democrat, are you happy with the progress made since January of 2009?

Currently the Democrats enjoy majority control of the House, a Philibuster proof majority in the Senate, and control of the White House. And yet, they can't seem to bring people in line to pass party objectives like the public option in health care reform.

With 2010 coming around, the question has to be asked: Are you happy with the Democrats now they have control?

Some, yes. I am not entirely happy with Harry Reid and most of the time Pelosi. They're both rather weak and they are lacking in communication skills.

I think the administration could be a little more assertive especially with these two and with Republicans who don't have anything more planned than obstruction. I think the Democratic leadership wants to do the right thing all the time so it makes them tentative at times.

Let me make this very clear to you, the Republicans can't obstruct ANYTHING, the DEMOCRATS are in full control of the congress and the senate with a filibuster proof senate. The trouble is in the democratic party itself, they have only themselves to blame for any and all failures that happens under this administration.

Of course, damn the Democrats for making an attempt at bi-partisan government. Better we have an Authoritarian as the decider (even if the dumb shit has no ideas).

I am not happy with the party.

The Democrats have no spine and poor leadership. The republicans in their complete disarray are able to stymie the Democrats into confusion. The republicans are able to present a unified opposition with the exception of Snowe while the Dems eat their own. Reid and Pelosi have no leadership ability and run around chasing their tails.
Obama plays too much to reach a compromise within his party and ends up with nothing in the end. It is time for Obama to flex his muscle and force his party into a unified position.

Would you mind if a Mod adds " I'm not a Democrat " as a choice?

I'd like to see the tabulation without clicking 'Veiw Votes" every time.

Hello,

That'd be fine with me. In hindsight I could have given more options but I was curious in a more "up or down" from folks that voted "D".

I did vote for Obama and for the local Democrat Senator. I want to make it clear, I don't regret those votes. Given the choices at the top of the ballot for President, and the choices I had for Senator, those were the right votes.

I personally am getting frustrated that a historic philibuster proof majority control on the legislative process as a whole can't seem to get anything done.

Forum List

Back