Democrats: are you glad Obama has stepped up?

The stimulus fizzled. Obama could have managed it better and won a victory for himself and the nation.

But he didn't. He sucked. He tinkered. He tossed crumbs. Who plans a banquet when the only thing in the cupboard is crumbs?

Obama stood on the fuse of the stimulus and put it out.

Now people who do acrobatics to defend him are demonstrating why I made my OP. Democrats have been making desperate excuses in the face of Obama's epic patheticness.

So he didn't go far enough - didn't spend enough money?
What should he have done better?

The stimulus fizzled. Obama could have managed it better and won a victory for himself and the nation.

But he didn't. He sucked. He tinkered. He tossed crumbs. Who plans a banquet when the only thing in the cupboard is crumbs?

Obama stood on the fuse of the stimulus and put it out.

Now people who do acrobatics to defend him are demonstrating why I made my OP. Democrats have been making desperate excuses in the face of Obama's epic patheticness.

So he didn't go far enough - didn't spend enough money?
What should he have done better?

The recession officially ended quite early in Obama's term. It would have ended no matter who was the president and almost no matter what the president did. The stimulus didn't make it happen. Business people would have made it happen no matter who the president was, if the president only let them.

But once Obama committed to the stimulus - committed to piling on more debt to our economy - he should have tended to the stimulus and made sure that it was doing what it was supposed to do. Same with HAMP. Once he committed to that, he should have committed to that. The mortgage crisis was at the heart of the country's woes and he should have made sure that the main fix he proposed for it was working.

He should NOT have taken his eye off the ball and gone after healthcare.

And he should not have acted like a teeny tax break here and a tiny targeted loan program there was going to help. He had people lining up like hamsters in a cage hoping to be able to get a tiny bit of liquid out of the tube on the bottle. And then with his promise of more and more regulations to come it was herding the hamsters into a corner and saying this is the only place you're allowed to poop. This is the only place you're allowed to eat. Now ... um go out and hire some more hamsters to help share your misery.

So, summary: One good option would have been to ride it out and not interfere. To not run us up so fast into debt. But since he chose to do the stimulus and HAMP, he should have paid attention to making sure that they worked.

But he didn't. And he made things worse by all of his unhelpful interference and extra regulation and the promise of more great new regulations to come. mmm mmm mmm.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back