Democrats are wrong with their tax argument

I love the smell of toasted Libtards - and pretend 'No Label' Libtards - in the morning!

LOL

I don't have to pretend, about half my Reps are from conservatives and about half of the Negs I have received are from liberals.
You have such a little mind that you are incapable of undersatanding the concept of thinking for yourself. Only the weakminded have issues with the concept of not having someone hold your hand while your trying to make up your mind on issues. And naturally , you goose-step to your masters. Fool.

More mindless Libtard babbling.

Up your game. LOL

Both Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt thought Capital Gains and Dividends should be taxed at the same rate as a working man's paycheck.

They thought being able to make money WITHOUT ACTUALLY WORKING was benefit enough....

There was, in fact, only one time that capital gains were taxed at the same rates that were paid by people who earned their money by working. That was during the years 1988 to 1990, as a result of the Tax Reform Act of 1986 — a law championed by President Ronald Reagan.

So you are saying that right now with investment returns not really that great that raising taxes on them will not push people away from investments? So basically the rich will just throw money away even if there is a huge risk of loss right now? Like I said things are not so simple and flat. There are millions of factors that play into economics not just tax higher equals this and tax lower equals this. In those years there were booms to tax. Right now not so much.

The ones living in a fantasy land are you right wingers. Your propaganda masters and politicians pretend to be for fiscal responsibility, but in reality they are for the complete opposite.
Right wing "trickle down" fiscal policies have never worked, ever! Slashing revenues while spending like lunatics is what the GOP are all about, and what led us into the fiscal disaster in the first place.

Here's a fun fact, do you know when the last time a republican president balanced the budget?

We all know it's not W.

Maybe Bush 1? Nope.

Reagan is the 2nd coming of christ to the hard right, of course he would have!,...Try again.

You would have to go all the way back to Nixon.

Now take a look at Clinton which not only balanced the budget, but gave us the biggest surplus in US history. This is a perfect example of what democratic fiscal plans are all about and what makes them so successful; Fair tax rates, and controlled spending.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that GOP "Slash revenues and spend like lunatics" fiscal plans are complete failures, but democratic "fair tax rates and controlled spending" plans are wildly successful.

Well, and Clinton did that all by himself, oh wait he had REPUBLICAN majorities on the house and senate that made him sign bills like welfare reform....

Quit distorting the record, you're dealing with people that follow this stuff not the kids in schools you like to indoctrinate

Do I see someone rewriting history? You bet!
Reforming welfare was one of Clinton's campaign promises in 1992.
He and Newt Gingrich negotiated the substance of the bill. The GOP did not have a veto proof majority and Clinton had vetoed to previous versions of welfare reform put forward by the GOP. Thusly, like real grownups a Democratic President and a GOP Speaker of the House compromised. And things got done.
Maybe, the draw-the-line-in the-sand crowd could learn something from that,,but I doubt it.

Yes I know it is too bad we don't have a grown up president that doesn't cry all the time. But maybe after this year that wont be the case.

'Our true choice is not between tax reduction, on the one hand, and the avoidance of large federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget — just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits. Surely the lesson of the last decade is that budget deficits are not caused by wild-eyed spenders but by slow economic growth and periodic recessions, and any new recession would break all deficit records.

In short, it is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now. The experience of a number of European countries and Japan have borne this out. This country's own experience with tax reduction in 1954 has borne this out. And the reason is that only full employment can balance the budget, and tax reduction can pave the way to that employment. The purpose of cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus. '

- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Well, and Clinton did that all by himself, oh wait he had REPUBLICAN majorities on the house and senate that made him sign bills like welfare reform....

Quit distorting the record, you're dealing with people that follow this stuff not the kids in schools you like to indoctrinate

Do I see someone rewriting history? You bet!
Reforming welfare was one of Clinton's campaign promises in 1992.
He and Newt Gingrich negotiated the substance of the bill. The GOP did not have a veto proof majority and Clinton had vetoed to previous versions of welfare reform put forward by the GOP. Thusly, like real grownups a Democratic President and a GOP Speaker of the House compromised. And things got done.
Maybe, the draw-the-line-in the-sand crowd could learn something from that,,but I doubt it.

Yes I know it is too bad we don't have a grown up president that doesn't cry all the time. But maybe after this year that wont be the case.

Obama doesn't cry, he just blames everyone else.

Conservatives want taxes extremely low, but taxes that low won't pay the bills. So then, conservatives say,

well let's cut all the government spending that we conservatives don't like, and then those low taxes will pay the bills.

The problem with conservatives on this subject is simple - they live in a fantasy world where they think all the nation's fiscal problems are going to be fixed with the implementation of a set of policies that are 100% pro-conservative,

all gain no pain, from the conservative point of view.

Liberals - It's FUN spending other people's money the way we think it should be spent! Let's take more of it!

Conservatives - It's FUN using the labor of others and FUNNER to fire them when we cut their pay, their benefits and make them work overtime without compensating them.

Gee, writing idiotgrams is simple, actually thinking is hard work (try it sometime kwc)

Bullshit alert!!! Labor gets paid and is free to find a better job or start their own business at any time. What they have no control over is liberals increasing their taxes.

Forum List

Back