Democrats are not just like Republicans

the douchebag speaks again.

When the Bush-Cheney Administration drastically cut federal resources for the investigation of white-collar crime, they invited a new era of Wall Street rule-breaking and the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

We must give federal law enforcers the resources they need to prosecute and punish the mortgage and corporate fraudsters that have so severely undermined our economy and hurt so many hard-working people.

The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act, a bill I introduced and is being debated on the floor of the Senate this week, will do just that.

Click here to email your Members of Congress, urging them to support the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act and give federal law enforcers the resources they need to take a bite out of white-collar crime.

The past administration removed more than 2,000 FBI agents from white-collar crime investigations. Thousands of fraud allegations have gone unexamined, paving the way for excessive greed and depriving taxpayers of millions of dollars in fines and recoveries.

While the Bush-Cheney Justice Department devoted precious resources to produce secret legal memos that skirted the Constitution, it turned a blind eye to financial fraudsters as they skirted federal law.

We must rebuild our nation's capacity to investigate and prosecute financial fraud.

remind us again, you daft ****, when did Rahm Emanuel and Chris Dodd become republicans?

THE JOB SITE. Is that what they call your cooter?

I didn't know illegals needed a work permit to pleasure you.

Bobo....you have your head so far up the Far Lefts collective ass,that you probably know who had corn last night.....did you happen to see Truth Matters in there?....he is another one....

I told you stupid Republicans that the GOP is responsible for the economic mess we are in. You wanted to blame Carter & Clinton & Reed for some very lame reasons, such as Freddy Mack. Sure Freddy foreclosures played a part in the economy collapsing, but it isn't the reason the economy collapsed. Republican policies are the cause.

How insane you must be to focus on things done in the 80's and 90's but then you ignore all the shit the GOP did from 2000-2006 to PURPOSELY fuck the American labor class and to help Wallstreet, the Bankers and Corporations rip us off, renig on our pensions, send jobs overseas, remove regulations that would prevent pradatory lend, cooking the books, inflate home values, etc.

So just like with torture, the Dems are now going to look into exactly how we got in this financial mess. Just like Cheney won't shut up about Obama making us less safe, you guys keep talking shit about how "everyone has to share in the blame". Tell you what. How about we launch an investigation to see exactly what happened? Sound good?

When the Bush-Cheney Administration drastically cut federal resources for the investigation of white-collar crime, they invited a new era of Wall Street rule-breaking and the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

We must give federal law enforcers the resources they need to prosecute and punish the mortgage and corporate fraudsters that have so severely undermined our economy and hurt so many hard-working people.

The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act, a bill I introduced and is being debated on the floor of the Senate this week, will do just that.

Click here to email your Members of Congress, urging them to support the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act and give federal law enforcers the resources they need to take a bite out of white-collar crime.

The past administration removed more than 2,000 FBI agents from white-collar crime investigations. Thousands of fraud allegations have gone unexamined, paving the way for excessive greed and depriving taxpayers of millions of dollars in fines and recoveries.

While the Bush-Cheney Justice Department devoted precious resources to produce secret legal memos that skirted the Constitution, it turned a blind eye to financial fraudsters as they skirted federal law.

We must rebuild our nation's capacity to investigate and prosecute financial fraud.

Forward an email to your Members of Congress and urge them to support my Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act now.

The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act takes solid steps to combat the growing wave of fraud. Specifically, my legislation:

Authorizes an additional $245 million a year to hire hundreds of federal investigators, prosecutors, and staff to fight fraud,

Fills in statutory gaps to account for modern types of fraud and correct erroneous court decisions,

Updates the definition of "financial institution" in federal fraud statutes to include all mortgage lending businesses, and

Protects federal recovery funding from fraudulent use.
If enacted, this legislation will more than pay for itself by returning the proceeds of fraud to its victims and to taxpayers.

It is important to note that top law enforcement coalitions and anti-fraud experts support this common sense legislation. After all, our national recovery depends on their ability to hold white-collar criminals accountable and enforce federal fraud regulations moving forward. And the Obama Administration has indicated that they support my bill too.

We just need Congress to act.

Please urge your Members of Congress to stand with law enforcement and support the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act.

As we look for ways to prevent another financial crisis, we must ensure any new regulations -- and those already on the books -- are adequately enforced. Please contact your Members of Congress today and urge them to support our critical anti-fraud legislation.

A person who blindly supports the Democrats is as wrong as a person who blindly supports the Republicans. You people should be ashamed of yourself.

Sealybobo is to the Democratic party as a Bostonian is to the Boston Red Sox. They love their party/team. They will blindly agree with everything they say. They will believe the problem is the rivals or opposition. In this case, the Republican party or the New York Yankees. They will think all of the wrong is with the Republicans and the New York Yankees. They will hate them for everything and blame every single issue on them. The rich gets richer because the rich are smarter than the poor. But because you are a democrat you must believe that the rich gets richer because of the republicans. Or because franchises like the New York Yankees spend over $200 million in salaries per year. It is fact that the majority of the rich earn their money because they use their brains. Smart teams in professional franchises in the NFL perform better because they are smart. The smart teams (New England Patroits) are always better than the dumb teams (Detroit Lions). The people who go to Washington use it to receive their wealth. It doesn't matter what party. They use government to advance their interest.

Last edited:
A person who blindly supports the Democrats is as wrong as a person who blindly supports the Republicans. You people should be ashamed of yourself.

Sealybobo is to the Democratic party as a Bostonian is to the Boston Red Sox. They love their party/team. They will blindly agree with everything they say. They will believe the problem is the rivals or opposition. In this case, the Republican party or the New York Yankees. They will think all of the wrong is with the Republicans and the New York Yankees. They will hate them for everything and blame every single issue on them. The rich gets richer because the rich are smarter than the poor. But because you are a democrat you must believe that the rich gets richer because the republicans. Or because franchises like the New York Yankees spend over $200 million in salaries per year. It is fact that the majority of the rich earn their money because they use their brains. Smart teams in professional franchises in the NFL perform better because they are smart. The smart teams (New England Patroits) are always better than the dumb teams (Detroit Lions). The people who go to Washington use it to receive their wealth. It doesn't matter what party. They use government to advance their interest.

Well said. :clap2:

Sealybobo is to the Democratic party as a Bostonian is to the Boston Red Sox. They love their party/team. They will blindly agree with everything they say. They will believe the problem is the rivals or opposition. In this case, the Republican party or the New York Yankees. They will think all of the wrong is with the Republicans and the New York Yankees. They will hate them for everything and blame every single issue on them. The rich gets richer because the rich are smarter than the poor. But because you are a democrat you must believe that the rich gets richer because of the republicans. Or because franchises like the New York Yankees spend over $200 million in salaries per year. It is fact that the majority of the rich earn their money because they use their brains. Smart teams in professional franchises in the NFL perform better because they are smart. The smart teams (New England Patroits) are always better than the dumb teams (Detroit Lions). The people who go to Washington use it to receive their wealth. It doesn't matter what party. They use government to advance their interest.

That's not true. But I am not going to apologize for being a Democrat. The GOP made LIBERAL a dirty word and a lot of people did not endorse the Democrats in 2000 and George Bush won because of that. SO FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK I'M GOING TO SHUT UP, or stop pointing out just how huge the differences are between the parties.

But I don't mind you pointing out the similarities. When I agree, I call and complain to the Democrats that they are acting too much like Republicans.

And you say I'll defend the Dems no matter what? That has yet to be seen. So far they've done a pretty good job. They haven't passed any legislation that will cause the next financial meltdown like the GOP did, have they?

But I also won't change parties unless the Republicans pull a 180,. and start practicing what they preach.

And I've told you guys a million times, I'm more anti GOP than I am pro Democratic.

And you or anyone else who doesn't realize yet that the GOP is the party for corporatins and the Dems are the party for labor, are fools.

Sorry, but that is a fact. Just as any labor union in the country.

Do you think they blindly support the Dems?

But they are like me. If the dems piss them off, then they won't support anyone. But they just won't ever support the GOP, because there is nothing there for them in the GOP.

Is that untrue?

Maybe if the GOP did what they say they do then we might have a reason to vote for them. But I have been watching the GOP since Bush 1 was in office and I don't like their policies.

The only time the Dems suck is when they are acting like Republicans.

Did the GOP do anything in the last 8 years to give me reason to vote for them?

No they did not. So I'm pinning my hopes on the Dems. If they deliver as much as Clinton did, I'll be happy.

And I don't blindly vote for anyone.

Let me ask you. Who did you vote for in 2000? If you voted for Bush because of his record in Texas, then you my friend are the one that blindly votes for people. If you knew all the facts, you'd know that he didn't have DICK to do with anything that happened in Texas. Bush was nothing but a figurehead. Read or watch Bush's brain.

PS. Show me a fucking conservative that voted for Kerry, or Clinton, or Obama.

Why don't you accuse them of blindly following a party? Because the GOP did not have a good 8 years. We all knew they sucked in 2004. So why did Bush win a second term? Because enough voters are dumb as fuck.

So when the people I vote for suck as bad as the GOP and you see me defending them, let me know.

That's not true. But I am not going to apologize for being a Democrat. The GOP made LIBERAL a dirty word and a lot of people did not endorse the Democrats in 2000 and George Bush won because of that. SO FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK I'M GOING TO SHUT UP, or stop pointing out just how huge the differences are between the parties.

But I don't mind you pointing out the similarities. When I agree, I call and complain to the Democrats that they are acting too much like Republicans.

And you say I'll defend the Dems no matter what? That has yet to be seen. So far they've done a pretty good job. They haven't passed any legislation that will cause the next financial meltdown like the GOP did, have they?

But I also won't change parties unless the Republicans pull a 180,. and start practicing what they preach.

And I've told you guys a million times, I'm more anti GOP than I am pro Democratic.

And you or anyone else who doesn't realize yet that the GOP is the party for corporatins and the Dems are the party for labor, are fools.

But they are like me. If the dems piss them off, then they won't support anyone. But they just won't ever support the GOP, because there is nothing there for them in the GOP.

Is that untrue?

Maybe if the GOP did what they say they do then we might have a reason to vote for them. But I have been watching the GOP since Bush 1 was in office and I don't like their policies.

No they did not. So I'm pinning my hopes on the Dems. If they deliver as much as Clinton did, I'll be happy.

Let me ask you. Who did you vote for in 2000? If you voted for Bush because of his record in Texas, then you my friend are the one that blindly votes for people. If you knew all the facts, you'd know that he didn't have DICK to do with anything that happened in Texas. Bush was nothing but a figurehead. Read or watch Bush's brain.

Why don't you accuse them of blindly following a party? Because the GOP did not have a good 8 years. We all knew they sucked in 2004. So why did Bush win a second term? Because enough voters are dumb as fuck.

So when the people I vote for suck as bad as the GOP and you see me defending them, let me know.
we dont want you to shut up bobo, you expose liberal to what you really are, a fucking moron

the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs committee passed the Dodd-Levin Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act of 2009 (CARD Act, S.414).

This legislation will put an end to a host of deceptive and unjust credit card practices that impose additional financial hardship on consumers who are doing their best to stay afloat.

This legislation seeks to put an end to unfair credit card practices that mire millions of American families in debt. The Dodd-Levin CARD Act results in part from an ongoing investigation into abusive credit card practices I initiated as the Chairman of the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. In May 2007, in response to the abuses brought to light as a result of this investigation, I introduced the Stop Unfair Practices in Credit Cards Act (S.1395). I am pleased that nearly all of the provisions from S.1395 have been included in the CARD Act of 2009.

The landmark bill approved by the Banking Committee earlier this week would ban the most egregious credit card practices that are unfairly deepening or prolonging credit card debt for many consumers. Under this legislation, for example, credit card companies would be prohibited from applying higher interest rates retroactively to existing credit card debt, hiking interest rates on customers who pay on time, and collecting interest on credit card debts that were repaid on time. In addition, this bill would crack down on unreasonable fees, including repeated late fees, over-the-limit fees, and fees to pay your bill, and would prohibit charging interest on those fees. It would also prohibit so-called “universal default” interest rate hikes in which a credit card company hikes a cardholder’s interest rate for reasons unrelated to the account held with that company. It would also make sure that cardholders get their bills 21 days before the bill is due and give them until 5:00 p.m. on the due date to make a payment.

I have called on the full Senate to pass the Dodd-Levin CARD Act as soon as possible. At a time when working people are struggling, common sense credit card reform is essential to protect American families from unfair fees and interest charges.

You can view both my press release on committee passage at []Technical difficulties. and my statement upon introduction of this bill at []Technical difficulties..
Sincerely,
Carl Levin

Why did the GOP allow credit card companies to do these things?

Oh yea, free market. Free to fuck the American consumers butt good.

Because consumers can't read nor comprehend what they're signing up for, right? They need Big Brother to punish the bad old banks for loaning money under the terms of agreement BOTH parties agreed to.

Just more dodging responsibility from the left. Nothing new here.

the Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs committee passed the Dodd-Levin Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act of 2009 (CARD Act, S.414).

This legislation will put an end to a host of deceptive and unjust credit card practices that impose additional financial hardship on consumers who are doing their best to stay afloat.

This legislation seeks to put an end to unfair credit card practices that mire millions of American families in debt. The Dodd-Levin CARD Act results in part from an ongoing investigation into abusive credit card practices I initiated as the Chairman of the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. In May 2007, in response to the abuses brought to light as a result of this investigation, I introduced the Stop Unfair Practices in Credit Cards Act (S.1395). I am pleased that nearly all of the provisions from S.1395 have been included in the CARD Act of 2009.

The landmark bill approved by the Banking Committee earlier this week would ban the most egregious credit card practices that are unfairly deepening or prolonging credit card debt for many consumers. Under this legislation, for example, credit card companies would be prohibited from applying higher interest rates retroactively to existing credit card debt, hiking interest rates on customers who pay on time, and collecting interest on credit card debts that were repaid on time. In addition, this bill would crack down on unreasonable fees, including repeated late fees, over-the-limit fees, and fees to pay your bill, and would prohibit charging interest on those fees. It would also prohibit so-called “universal default” interest rate hikes in which a credit card company hikes a cardholder’s interest rate for reasons unrelated to the account held with that company. It would also make sure that cardholders get their bills 21 days before the bill is due and give them until 5:00 p.m. on the due date to make a payment.

I have called on the full Senate to pass the Dodd-Levin CARD Act as soon as possible. At a time when working people are struggling, common sense credit card reform is essential to protect American families from unfair fees and interest charges.

You can view both my press release on committee passage at []Technical difficulties. and my statement upon introduction of this bill at []Technical difficulties..
Sincerely,
Carl Levin

Because consumers can't read nor comprehend what they're signing up for, right? They need Big Brother to punish the bad old banks for loaning money under the terms of agreement BOTH parties agreed to.

Of course you don't see the difference. So Democrats reign in the credit card companies, clearly looking out for the citizens, and Republicans turn a blind eye and allow credit card companies to gouge/predatory lend/scam the citizens of this country, and you don't see the difference.

You may not be a Republican :eusa_liar: but you sure aren't a Democrat, that's for sure.

:eusa_shhh:

Each time the Democrats do something good or undoes something bad that the GOP did when they were in charge, I'll be sure to let you know. You and Editec, because he/she doesn't think there is a difference either. And independants are just dummies who can't make up their minds.

Here's what I think about independants. I think they like the conservative message but realize the Republicans are full of shit. And they don't want to be labeled as liberals but they know we are right.

Anyways, I look forward to your defense of Dick Cheney & George Bush. I already know your position on whether we should go after them or not. And I already know all the talking points.

PS. Keith Olbermann just uncovered that the Bush team was torturing before torture was approved. So much for trying to take Pelosi down with you. Plus, the briefings Congress got were watered down. But I do love how the GOP has a theme of "everyone has to share the blame". They did that on the economy crashing, and Dems are launching an investigation on that too, and now everyone has to share blame for Cheney torturing people. Fuck that.

Is that untrue?

we dont want you to shut up bobo, you expose liberal to what you really are, a fucking moron

I've turned out to be right about almost everything. Spying, torture, habius corpus, rendition, wiretapping, who's responsible for the crash of the economy, the wars,

And I go out on a limb. For example, to suggest Cheney sent the anthrax. I bet that shit comes out. Just remember I told you so if it does end up being true.

Or that they did let 9-11 happen so they could use it to start the war. They planned the war back in the 90's and said they would need a "pearl harbor type incident" to happen in order to launch their agenda, and they got it. And all the connections with Bush and the Bin Ladin familiies? All coincidence? And the CIA even warned Bush? And Condi & Cheney & Rumsfeld & Powell all lied? How much evidence do you need?

Oh, PS. We also know that they lied about torture working. All the information they brag about getting from torture, they got without torture.

But you don't care how many lies they get caught in. You just keep on defending them.

Is that untrue?

I've turned out to be right about almost everything. Spying, torture, habius corpus, rendition, wiretapping, who's responsible for the crash of the economy, the wars,

And I go out on a limb. For example, to suggest Cheney sent the anthrax. I bet that shit comes out. Just remember I told you so if it does end up being true.

Or that they did let 9-11 happen so they could use it to start the war. They planned the war back in the 90's and said they would need a "pearl harbor type incident" to happen in order to launch their agenda, and they got it. And all the connections with Bush and the Bin Ladin familiies? All coincidence? And the CIA even warned Bush? And Condi & Cheney & Rumsfeld & Powell all lied? How much evidence do you need?

Oh, PS. We also know that they lied about torture working. All the information they brag about getting from torture, they got without torture.

But you don't care how many lies they get caught in. You just keep on defending them.
only in your own little peabrain have you been right about anything

Is that untrue?

Monica Lewinsky is using at least three screen names on this board. I didn't think Gunny allowed that. :lol:

Just more trying to pass off the extreme right wing CON$ervative Republican, George W Bush, as a Liberal. Nothing new here.

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
October 15, 2002

President Hosts Conference on Minority Homeownership

George Washington University
Washington, D.C.

THE PRESIDENT: Another obstacle to minority homeownership is the lack of information. You know, getting into your own home can be complicated. It can be a difficult process. I had that very same problem. (Laughter and applause.)

Every home buyer has responsibilities and rights that need to be understood clearly. And yet, when you look at some of the contracts, there's a lot of small print. And you can imagine somebody newly arrived from Peru looking at all that print, and saying, I'm not sure I can possibly understand that. Why do I want to buy a home? There's an educational process that needs to go on, not only to explain the contract, explain obligation, but also to explain financing options, to help people understand the complexities of a homeownership market, and also at the same time to protect people from unscrupulous lenders, people who would take advantage of a good-hearted soul who is trying to realize their dream.

Hmm ... allowing them to or forcing them to ... the only difference I see is the wording.

What? See, you right wingers can defend anything.

This is just like when the GOP allowed mortgage companies to predatory lend, and you blamed the consumers.

Now I'm showing you that under the GOP, the credit card companies were allowed to basically turn themselves into loan sharks, and you don't see a problem with that? This is exactly why they need to be regulated.

Let me explain what this story should tell you, since you clearly can't comprehend it.

The GOP allowed the credit card companies to fuck us for 8 years!!! All the shit this bill is going to fix, shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. But the GOP thought it woudl be ok to let the credit card companies and bankers regulate themselves.

And they have done a great job, huh retard?

The government's job is to protect us. So yes, the Dems are going to FORCE THEM to stop.

Why did the GOP allow this? Because they work for the bankers and credit card companies. Fuck the citizens.

That's why we elected the Dems and thats why we kicked the GOP out of office. One reason anyways.

Yes, force. Government sets the rules, not corporations.

You right wingers need to stop thinking that corporations are more important than people. They are not. And if they threaten to leave, they can sell their shit to the country they go to.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

First of all KITTEN--you stated "Democracy--Not "The Free Market"--Will save America's Middle Class". Democracy cannot exist without free markets, & free markets cannot exist without a democracy. They are one into each other. Frankly, I am surprised you don't know that.

I still blame irresponsible homeowners who took advantage of Barney Franks & Criss Dodd policies & bought a 600,000 dollar home when they could only afford a 100,000 home. They knowingly took advantage of a very lack banking system, knowing full well, that mortgage interest rates could go up. It was government policy that deregulated the mortgage banking industry back in the 1990's to where risky homebuyers were allowed to buy homes they could not afford. Co-signed by us, the American taxpayer for guaranteed payment.

For proof of this--you can go to:

New York Times:
Date: Sept. 30, 1999
Titled: Fannie Mae reduces credit requirements to aid mortgage lending.

Fannie/Freddie are ground zero of this economic collapse. You might also want to put on your thinking glasses & read another article in the Rolling Stone magazine--regarding AIG & exactly what happened there. I believe this article is in this months or last months issue.

While credit cards have been at it for some time. It is just a drop in the bucket, in fact it is miniscule in relation to this global economic collapse. To add, credit cards are not guaranteed by the American taxpayer.

Frankly it is kind of like shutting the barn doors after the cows got out.

"Government is not the solution, it's the problem" Ronald Reagan

Last edited:
A genuine free market is not dependent on any government, be it a democracy or dictatorship.

A genuine free market is not dependent on any government, be it a democracy or dictatorship.

Yes, but a free market undermines dictatorships. A dictator isn't very strong when he can't print money to trample the rights of his people. Free markets yields freedom. Regulations, as sealy encourages, in markets yields fascism. Look at the fascism that's permeating its way through our economic system, today. Make poor people suffer by giving $800B to failed banks. The little guy suffers to benefit the ones that help finance Obama's campaign. Just as disgusting as Cheney and Haliburton years prior.

I have never had problems with my Credit Cards, so basically what you're saying is Democrats come to the rescue of idiots at the expense of Liberty and Freedom.

Let's see...there's a good book about that called "Liberty and Tyranny".

Look it up.

I have never had problems with my Credit Cards, so basically what you're saying is Democrats come to the rescue of idiots at the expense of Liberty and Freedom.

Let's see...there's a good book about that called "Liberty and Tyranny".

Look it up.

Even better book....House of Bush, House of Saud.

Look it up.

Forum List

Back