Democrats are Correct: Trump can’t be Trusted with ‘Nuclear Codes’

If America didn't think Pres. Trump could be trusted we wouldn't have elected him.
'America' didn't elect him. An archiac system that gives rural, uneducated bigots twice the voting power of others in the country did. The people elected someone else. And, despite her faults, we'd be a lot better off if she were in office. I guarantee we would not be on the brink of nuclear war.

And last year the Indians won the last world series game because they had more hits than the Cubs did....

The whole idea of federalism when it comes to the presidency is that he represents the majority of a population weighted vote of the States, not the People.

The People are represented by their representatives in the House, and currently by their two representatives in the Senate.

Hell even in a parliamentary system the Prime Minister doesn't represent "The people", he represents the Party voted into power (or a coalition thereof) by the people.

Another I-hate-Trump-so-I'll-imagine-him-doing-something-silly-and-then-bash-him-for-it thread?

You people really need a hobby.

Other than chronically hating Trump, that is.

Yet they want to complain about conservatives and Obama? At some point the birther movement even had to start acting like adults and move on, not carry their little rantings every day through the media in a tantrum fit.

If America didn't think Pres. Trump could be trusted we wouldn't have elected him.
'America' didn't elect him. An archiac system that gives rural, uneducated bigots twice the voting power of others in the country did. The people elected someone else. And, despite her faults, we'd be a lot better off if she were in office. I guarantee we would not be on the brink of nuclear war.

We have been on the brink of nuclear war since August 6, 1945.

If you want to change the Electoral College, knock yourself out! In modern times it has kept two idiots out of the White House, so It is good to me!

:itsok: Maybe next time the Dims will run a better candidate. Not someone like Hilary "It's my turn" Clintoon. You ran a joke, and paid the price. Tough luck.

If you don't like the Electoral College, work to change it. Otherwise, quit complaining.

B139B168-E24A-4228-8409-1D7BC71E499B.gif

I recall Bill Clinton leaving a D.C. meeting without the agent who carried the "nuclear football". He had to walk back to the White House carrying the codes.

‘"We are concerned that the President of the United States is so unstable, is so volatile, has a decision-making process that is so quixotic that he might order a nuclear weapons strike that is wildly out of step with US national security interests," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut.’

Democrats concerned Trump too 'unstable' to be trusted with nukes

A perfectly justified concern.
One time long ago when I was in college, I had a brief chat with some friend of a friend. This guy told me how he shot his roommate's cat (and killed it) when he was sitting next to it on the couch and fooling around with his pistol. Trump reminds me of that guy. No sense at all. None.

I wonder if those 3 college basketball players that Trump got released from China feel that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘"We are concerned that the President of the United States is so unstable, is so volatile, has a decision-making process that is so quixotic that he might order a nuclear weapons strike that is wildly out of step with US national security interests," said Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut.’

and you cant be trusted to defend the shit you throw up.....right jones?....

The Prez makes the call. Who does he need to get permission from ?

Here's how easy it is for the US president to launch a nuclear weapon
  • Nov. 7, 2017, 4:59 PM
The steps the president has to take to fire a nuke are involved and complicated, but they work to safeguard against accidental launches and miscommunications.

That said, the entire process could happen in just a few short minutes. The following is a transcription of the animation.

It can take the US government just minutes to launch a nuclear weapon. Here's how it would work.

The president has the sole authority to call for a nuclear strike. Once the call is made, a series of critical steps follow.

The president first meets with top military advisers. The meeting would take place in the Situation Room. If the president is traveling, a call is made on a secure line.

If the president still wants to go through with the strike, the order is verified. To authenticate the order, a challenge code is read to the president. It's usually two phonetic letters like "Delta-Echo."

The president then receives the "biscuit", a laminated card that's always near the president. The biscuit has the matching response to the challenge code.

The Pentagon then broadcasts an encoded message to missile crews. The message is only about the length of a standard tweet.

It includes the war plan, "Sealed Authentication System" or (SAS) codes, and the actual missile launch codes. When the launch crews get the message they open lock safes to obtain the SAS codes. These codes are compared with the SAS codes included in the message.

If fired from a submarine the captain, executive officer, and two others authenticate the launch order. Fifteen minutes after receiving the order, the missiles could be ready to launch.

If fired from land, there are 50 missiles controlled by 5 launch crews in different locations. Each crew "votes" for the launch by turning their keys at the same time.

There are five different keys, but only two need to be turned to launch the missiles. In this scenario, the missiles could be ready to launch just minutes after the president's order. Once the missiles are launched, there's no turning back.

Here's how easy it is for the US president to launch a nuclear weapon

Does the prez have to go to congress ? No .

Would you want to wait weeks or months after an attack where a nuclear rocket struck Guam, Hawaii, or LA?

Really, study some American history.

The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress. The Resolution was adopted in the form of a United States Congress joint resolution. It provides that the U.S. President can send U.S. Armed Forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without a Congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding the veto of the bill from President Nixon.

War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia

Does the prez have to go to congress ? No .

Would you want to wait weeks or months after an attack where a nuclear rocket struck Guam, Hawaii, or LA?

Really, study some American history.

The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress. The Resolution was adopted in the form of a United States Congress joint resolution. It provides that the U.S. President can send U.S. Armed Forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without a Congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding the veto of the bill from President Nixon.

War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia

We are talking first strike , not an emergency response situation.

One time long ago when I was in college, I had a brief chat with some friend of a friend. This guy told me how he shot his roommate's cat (and killed it) when he was sitting next to it on the couch and fooling around with his pistol. Trump reminds me of that guy. No sense at all. None.

I wonder if those 3 college basketball players that Trump got released from China feel that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bringing two or three basketball players back home who are too foolish not to shoplift in a foreign country is worlds away from starting a nuclear war. Trump is fine to run a banana republic: the US is far more important than that. He isn't fit emotionally, psychologically, and intellectually to run this country.

Forum List

Back