Democrats are bankrupting this country.

How many times do you liberal morons need to be told?

IT'S NOT A REVENUE PROBLEM... IT'S A SPENDING PROBLEM!!!!

Exactly. When will people wake up and realize that PP, NPR, and environmental regulations like the Safe Water Drinking Act has bankrupted our country.

Planned Parenthood and NPR are pennies

You oppose the Safe Water Drinking Act? :cuckoo:

Exactly. When will people wake up and realize that PP, NPR, and environmental regulations like the Safe Water Drinking Act has bankrupted our country.

So, the SWDA is your argument for the merits of a $14,000,000,000,000 deficit?

:lol::lol:

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, called the Reagan tax cuts a "trojan horse" to lower taxes for the rich.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

During this time who had control of the house and senate? The house is more important, as thats where any fiscal bill has to originate.

Again, I can only surmise you were not paying attention during the previous presidential terms beginning with Reagan. That's when the President began initiating the budget by presenting the House with his budget bill. Prior to Reagan, the House initiated the original budget plan. Bush I maintained the Reagan practice, as didn Clinton and Dubya. Obama appears to want the House to have it's ole role back. Sort of like making them do the job they were elected to do. So, the debt and deficits under Reagan, Bush I and Dubya originated with the White House.

I thought my dripping sarcasm was apparent.

Partisan BS. Both parties have had a hand in bringing us to this point. So trying to blame one side or the other is maintaining the status quo and is enabling both parties to continue.

...At least, that's what their brochure (always) says.

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

Good thing you didn't add the first 2 years of obama's presidency to that chart, it would have totally ruined your point ;)

Wrong. The chart is what it is, an example of facts vis a vis right wing/conservative propaganda. Casting Obama in is a red herring, one only partisans will follow. The Republcans keep up the same old argument, D's = tax and spend; R's are fiscally responsible. The facts suggest no party is fiscally responsible, and that includes the ideas offered by the Tea Party advocates and the R leadership in both houses of congress.

I wonder how many of you self described conservatives are in debt and deficit spend? Likely most, for that is the American way. It is also the nature of human beings to place blame on everyone but themselves. Pointing fingers which belie facts maybe fun and delude oneself, but serves no purpose.

so why don't you make a chart and add in obama's numbers and see if the pattern still holds.

I'll tell you right now his numbers are even WORSE Than bush's so he broke that trend.

Next.

Who said that?

First off PP has nothing to do with it (cause im just a screenname, lol)

Secondly, no one said that. Please stop grasping at straws....if you continue you might just build a man.

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, called the Reagan tax cuts a "trojan horse" to lower taxes for the rich.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

During this time who had control of the house and senate? The house is more important, as thats where any fiscal bill has to originate.

Again, I can only surmise you were not paying attention during the previous presidential terms beginning with Reagan. That's when the President began initiating the budget by presenting the House with his budget bill. Prior to Reagan, the House initiated the original budget plan. Bush I maintained the Reagan practice, as didn Clinton and Dubya. Obama appears to want the House to have it's ole role back. Sort of like making them do the job they were elected to do. So, the debt and deficits under Reagan, Bush I and Dubya originated with the White House.

Originated in form X, but when finally passed how did they end up? This is not a partisan question, I would actually be curious in general to see the change from what the president proposed, to what actually got passed.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

Seriously. WTF is with people just flat out lying? Or did you get deceived then pass that deception off as truth.

Your just flat plain wrong, use the real numbers by punching in date ranges

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

1/29/2001 national debt was 5.73 trillion
1/28/2009 natoinal debt was 10.63 trillion

Bush added 4.9 trillion over 8 years or 0.63 trillion/year or 34% of the total national debt

1/29/2009 national debt was 10.63 trillion
1/29/2011 natoinal debt was 14.06 trillion

Obama added 3.4 trillion over 2 years or 1.72 trillion/year or 24% of the national debt.

Total national debt 14.06 trillion

Your numbers and link are just wrong man...sorry. They dont go back to reagan with the online data but still obama is repsonsible for 24% of the national debt and has only been president a little over 2 years.

Yes they damn sure are helping. Take for example the TSA. how many terrorist have they stopped? How many environmental catastrophies has the environmental protection agency thwarted? What exactly does the department of education do? What social benefits does NPR have? Why should tax dollars go to a pro-abortion organization? If tax money is going to be funding abortions then should we also fund pro-life organizations?

I have no idea where the idiot came up with anyone opposing the Safe Water Drinking Act. It's just another example of a liberal idiot making shit up.

But after further revue, the SWDA is just another arm of the federal government that is not needed. Most cities in this country test their water supply on a regular basis and I think the respective states should be the regulators and not the feds.

Liberals are pushing hard to bankrupt this country. We owe almost 14 trillion dollars. The other day the President said that we are soon going to be spending over 1 trillion dollars a year just in interest on the money that we owe. Democrats are offering their solution. Dem's want to borrow more, spend more, owe more, and to raise taxes to stifle job growth. Conservatives want to cut the spending, stop ear marks, reduce taxes to spur job growth. Conservatives most importantly want spending control. Which option do you think is in the best interest of USA?

"The United States' latest fiscal standoff -- an intensifying impasse over whether to raise the federal debt ceiling -- got a sudden jolt Monday when a top credit rating service expressed pessimism at D.C.'s political will to solve the debt crisis.

It remained unclear whether Standard & Poor's decision to change its outlook on U.S. fiscal health over the next two years from "stable" to "negative" would prompt the White House and Congress to agree on a debt fix. But it certainly prompted both sides to affirm they are serious about the issue.

“Serious reforms are needed to ensure America’s fiscal health," House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said in a written statement, calling S&P's announcement " a wake-up call to those in Washington asking Congress to blindly increase the debt limit."

Read more: 'Negative' Rating for U.S. Debt Sends Jolt Through Capitol Hill Debate on Debt Ceiling - FoxNews.com

America Taxed and Spent - Fox Business Video - FoxBusiness.com

Obama had an agenda and he disguised it as an economic recovery package. liberal pork is once again flowing freely

The country is bankrupt because we repeatedly cut our tax rates while we increase spending

Politicians on neither side are willing to stand up to the idea that a $14 trillion debt means EVERYONE needs to sacrifice something. The rich need to contribute at past tax levels, the middle class needs to put off getting Social Security, the poor need to make do with less benefits.

To a politician, saying "I cut your taxes" is easy
Saying, "I gave you this" is easy

Telling people that they have to pay more and receive less is hard

Did you know if we tax the top 1% of income earners, who already pay 40% of all federal income tax, at 100% it still wouldn't make up for obama's budget defecit this year?

If you didin't know this now you do, if you did then how do you think raising taxes on the rich will balance the budget? You can't do it with taxes alone...we need to cut every government program (including my benefits from govt) and eliminate some too.

You can cut SS/Medicare because those aren't entiltlements, those are items that every tax payer pays into their whole life as a forced government retirement investment....but we have spineless politicians in both parties and these 2 huge problems will never get adressed.

I think you meant to say that we can't cut SS/Medicare, but we can and we must. The question is how to do it. I believe the easiest most cost effective way without reducing one's longterm benefits is to increase the retirement age. Make people work longer since they are living so much longer. Do it gradually, but not too gradually until the retirement age reaches 70. We also must cut military spending. We are like the Soviet Union who could no longer afford the arms race which led to their collapse. Everything else could be cut straight across the board by ten percent. Even with all these cuts we would still need to raise taxes. However, just ending the Bush tax cuts would be enough if we made these other cuts that must be made.

Yes they damn sure are helping. Take for example the TSA. how many terrorist have they stopped? How many environmental catastrophies has the environmental protection agency thwarted? What exactly does the department of education do? What social benefits does NPR have? Why should tax dollars go to a pro-abortion organization? If tax money is going to be funding abortions then should we also fund pro-life organizations?

We do fund pro-life organizations. We give church's exemptions from paying taxes.

I have no idea where the idiot came up with anyone opposing the Safe Water Drinking Act. It's just another example of a liberal idiot making shit up.

Actually, Cheney's 2005 Energy Bill exempted the natural gas and oil industries from the SWDA which has led to a myriad of health problems along with people being able to light their faucets on fire. Many people, especially Republicans, oppose the SWDA.

Then recently, the GOP took the American people hostage over PP and EPA regulations regarding carbon regulation. Out of all the shit that is happening in our country, Republicans go after PP, NPR, and the EPA.

Come back when you rw kooks are actually serious about addressing our problems.

We do fund pro-life organizations. We give church's exemptions from paying taxes.

Since the exemption is for all religons (as well as non profits in general) we would technically be funding all of them, if your line of logic held true.

Tax exemptions are not funding. For it to be funding would imply that its the governments money to start with, and the government is just not collecting it (out of the goodness of its own heart)

But after further revue, the SWDA is just another arm of the federal government that is not needed. Most cities in this country test their water supply on a regular basis and I think the respective states should be the regulators and not the feds.

They are really good at that, making shit up. Some liberal jackoff swears I told him I was a sailor too :cuckoo:

Liberals are pushing hard to bankrupt this country. We owe almost 14 trillion dollars. The other day the President said that we are soon going to be spending over 1 trillion dollars a year just in interest on the money that we owe. Democrats are offering their solution. Dem's want to borrow more, spend more, owe more, and to raise taxes to stifle job growth. Conservatives want to cut the spending, stop ear marks, reduce taxes to spur job growth. Conservatives most importantly want spending control. Which option do you think is in the best interest of USA?

I guess we on the right are the crazy ones for trying to stop this....The crowd at MSNBC love what this
President has done so far and are angry that the right is offering any opposition.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back