Democrats are bankrupting this country.

yota5

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Mashpee, MA
Liberals are pushing hard to bankrupt this country. We owe almost 14 trillion dollars. The other day the President said that we are soon going to be spending over 1 trillion dollars a year just in interest on the money that we owe. Democrats are offering their solution. Dem's want to borrow more, spend more, owe more, and to raise taxes to stifle job growth. Conservatives want to cut the spending, stop ear marks, reduce taxes to spur job growth. Conservatives most importantly want spending control. Which option do you think is in the best interest of USA?

"The United States' latest fiscal standoff -- an intensifying impasse over whether to raise the federal debt ceiling -- got a sudden jolt Monday when a top credit rating service expressed pessimism at D.C.'s political will to solve the debt crisis.

It remained unclear whether Standard & Poor's decision to change its outlook on U.S. fiscal health over the next two years from "stable" to "negative" would prompt the White House and Congress to agree on a debt fix. But it certainly prompted both sides to affirm they are serious about the issue.

“Serious reforms are needed to ensure America’s fiscal health," House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said in a written statement, calling S&P's announcement " a wake-up call to those in Washington asking Congress to blindly increase the debt limit."

Read more: 'Negative' Rating for U.S. Debt Sends Jolt Through Capitol Hill Debate on Debt Ceiling - FoxNews.com

America Taxed and Spent - Fox Business Video - FoxBusiness.com

Blah blah blah.

Standard response.

No one who considers their vote for Ronald Ronald George George George or George again to have been a good idea cares about the deficit.

Now that we are past the partisan bumper stickers what would you like to do to lower that deficit so we can keep paying for our aircraft carriers?

What? this can't be right. Only Republicans can BANKRUP this country.

The Democrats are here to SAVE US.:lol:

The country is bankrupt because we repeatedly cut our tax rates while we increase spending

Politicians on neither side are willing to stand up to the idea that a $14 trillion debt means EVERYONE needs to sacrifice something. The rich need to contribute at past tax levels, the middle class needs to put off getting Social Security, the poor need to make do with less benefits.

To a politician, saying "I cut your taxes" is easy
Saying, "I gave you this" is easy

Telling people that they have to pay more and receive less is hard

Liberals are pushing hard to bankrupt this country. We owe almost 14 trillion dollars. The other day the President said that we are soon going to be spending over 1 trillion dollars a year just in interest on the money that we owe. Democrats are offering their solution. Dem's want to borrow more, spend more, owe more, and to raise taxes to stifle job growth. Conservatives want to cut the spending, stop ear marks, reduce taxes to spur job growth. Conservatives most importantly want spending control. Which option do you think is in the best interest of USA?

"The United States' latest fiscal standoff -- an intensifying impasse over whether to raise the federal debt ceiling -- got a sudden jolt Monday when a top credit rating service expressed pessimism at D.C.'s political will to solve the debt crisis.

It remained unclear whether Standard & Poor's decision to change its outlook on U.S. fiscal health over the next two years from "stable" to "negative" would prompt the White House and Congress to agree on a debt fix. But it certainly prompted both sides to affirm they are serious about the issue.

“Serious reforms are needed to ensure America’s fiscal health," House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said in a written statement, calling S&P's announcement " a wake-up call to those in Washington asking Congress to blindly increase the debt limit."

Read more: 'Negative' Rating for U.S. Debt Sends Jolt Through Capitol Hill Debate on Debt Ceiling - FoxNews.com

Many republicans are also responsible, yes the democrats are even worse about spending money we don't have by borrowing but don't be fooled into thinking the repubs are much better.

Some of their new house members are good but most of the older republicans who have been around are guilty of spending money we don't have.

I'm not excusing the current dem senate or the dem president who have added more to the debt and have larger defecits than george bush did in 8 years, dont take this as an excuse, I'm just making sure your eyes are wide open.

The country is bankrupt because we repeatedly cut our tax rates while we increase spending

Politicians on neither side are willing to stand up to the idea that a $14 trillion debt means EVERYONE needs to sacrifice something. The rich need to contribute at past tax levels, the middle class needs to put off getting Social Security, the poor need to make do with less benefits.

Did you know if we tax the top 1% of income earners, who already pay 40% of all federal income tax, at 100% it still wouldn't make up for obama's budget defecit this year?

If you didin't know this now you do, if you did then how do you think raising taxes on the rich will balance the budget? You can't do it with taxes alone...we need to cut every government program (including my benefits from govt) and eliminate some too.

You can cut SS/Medicare because those aren't entiltlements, those are items that every tax payer pays into their whole life as a forced government retirement investment....but we have spineless politicians in both parties and these 2 huge problems will never get adressed.

Last edited:
This is what happens when the losers of society are supported by the taxpayers. Taxes in this country are a fcukking joke.........and by the way.........many of the lefty members on here dont own anything so them talking about taxes is like a Jamaican guy giving advice on building ice rinks.

For a real fair and balanced analysis of our current economic woes the non willfully ignorant may want to watch Inside Job. The blame is shared by both political parties for the great recession in this documentary. Of course engaging in a war of choice in Iraq off budget, spending an estimated $14 Billion a month while cutting taxes was foolish.

Did you know if we tax the top 1% of income earners, who already pay 40% of all federal income tax, at 100% it still wouldn't make up for obama's budget defecit this year?

If you didin't know this now you do, if you did then how do you think raising taxes on the rich will balance the budget? You can't do it with taxes alone.

I didn't get that from his post.

This is the key:

And we have.

A real fix is going to mean spending cuts and tax increases for everyone.

This is what happens when the losers of society are supported by the taxpayers. Taxes in this country are a fcukking joke.........and by the way.........many of the lefty members on here dont own anything so them talking about taxes is like a Jamaican guy giving advice on building ice rinks.

Hey jamacians know ice!

OLY_M_2Man_5785.jpg

;) :lol:

If you didin't know this now you do, if you did then how do you think raising taxes on the rich will balance the budget? You can't do it with taxes alone.

I didn't get that from his post.

This is the key:

And we have.

A real fix is going to mean spending cuts and tax increases for everyone.

I know but other people reading his post aren't as smart as you and me art, I had to make sure the lemmings on both sides saw the truth that it needs to be both....sometimes they see RWer (no offence) and just think "here comes a talking point" and dont listen to what he is saying.

I've seen it happen to him a lot.

If you didin't know this now you do, if you did then how do you think raising taxes on the rich will balance the budget? You can't do it with taxes alone...we need to cut every government program (including my benefits from govt) and eliminate some too.

You can cut SS/Medicare because those aren't entiltlements, those are items that every tax payer pays into their whole life as a forced government retirement investment....but we have spineless politicians in both parties and these 2 huge problems will never get adressed.

I said nothing about the top 1%, I said the entire tax rate. Sacrifices will have to be made across the board.

If you look for a start point of our current debt it goes right to the Reagan tax cuts in the 80s and accelerated with the Bush tax cuts of the 2000's. Both of these tax cuts were complemented on increased spending. Democrats kept the Republican tax rates and continued spending

SS/Medicare can be cut. You paid into them but they still must be solvent. SS must increase the retirement age to 70 and raise the annual contribution cutoff to $150,000.

Paying off the debt would require taxing "rich" people at 1940's WWII rates, nevermind just cutting out the Bush Tax cuts. It would also require a middle class tax increase in the 75k-100k range, because thats where the money is (for wage income at least)

People also forget that while the president can influence the budget, it is the HOUSE that starts these bills. They are just as if not more culpable for this mess than any president.

The usual cycle was pay off debt during boom time, make it during recessions, what we have now is constant debt, where during boom times the congress increases the budget to use the extra cash they get instead of paying down the debt. This eliminates the whole concept of governmental debt repriming the economy during a recession.

Skookersbil, I agree with you, but you've forgotten a very important issue. Democrats are tax dodgers. They don't pay their taxes. One only has to look at the top people in the Obama bin Lyin to verify this. Even T. Guitner, the sec of the treasury had years of back taxes that "he'd just overlooked" to pay before confirmation.

I'm also aware that fiscally irresponsible pinheads occupy both sides of the political aisle. That is why it is so important for informed voters to vote these incompetents out of office.

Yeah....the $3 Trillion invasion and occupation of Iraq has had NO impact, right?

Forum List

Back