Democrats and Republicans, questions???

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Do any Republicans know of any good Democrats that you would like to keep in office?

Do any Democrats know of any Republicans that you would want to keep in office?

Libertarians and Greens, it a free for all put in your two cents, good bad, indifferent on current representatives?

Discuss, please no shit slinging just facts. Who supported what, when, why. Who did not support what you think they should have supported and why?

I'll start.

I'm glad Harkin supported mandatory country-of-origin labeling law for beef, pork and lamb. We should be able to tell where our meat came from.

It bugs me that Harkin fully ignored a letter written to him and sent back a form letter that said he was supporting my view when it was opposite of what I had said. That told me as one of his constituents he really could give a shit less about what I thought since it was obvious he did not read what I wrote.

"Senator Harkin Supports Stimulus Bill Lacking Safeguards to Prevent Hiring of Illegal Aliens" bugs me to no end when I am aware of so many illegals taking jobs that American citizens should have.

Oddly, I rather like Biden.

I have since I saw him giggling shamelessly at a Sat Night Live skit making fun of him. And those drunken videos are priceless.

I think he's a real person who actually does care about the American people and makes an attempt to be honest.

Or maybe it's the giggling and drunken goofiness that appeals to me. Gotta love an unabashed drunk!

I used to like McCain, before the Bush Jr. years. By the way, I'm not a Democrat, but I like Kucinich.

Oddly, I rather like Biden.

I have since I saw him giggling shamelessly at a Sat Night Live skit making fun of him. And those drunken videos are priceless.

I think he's a real person who actually does care about the American people and makes an attempt to be honest.

Or maybe it's the giggling and drunken goofiness that appeals to me. Gotta love an unabashed drunk!
That reminds me we have a congressman that is a drunk. I can't stand that guy. He moved to another district so he could go to DC. He would have never made it here where he'd been with the good ole boys all those years in local politics. Just can't love a dumb drunk being in a position of authority making decisions that affect the whole country, even when they are funny.

Drunks and drug addicts are in every profession and they're problems...I'm not sure Biden is a true drunk, but a guy who occasionally drinks too much and acts like a goofball (and allows someone to video him) is just too funny.

Drunks and drug addicts are in every profession and they're problems...I'm not sure Biden is a true drunk, but a guy who occasionally drinks too much and acts like a goofball (and allows someone to video him) is just too funny.
I don't have a problem with social drinkers. Drunks, drug addicts and people that have stay in politics so long that they cognitive memory loss do not belong there making up rules for everyone else to live by.

I've known two party leaders that were cocaine users (they were not R's). To me this is not the type of person that should be in charge over anyone.

This friend of the family walked into the town hall one day where we used to live and a few of the council members, town cop and mayor were all passing a joint around. They offered her a hit and she said no thanks and left. She moved to another town right after that, sold her house and business there.

As a libertarian I like Ron Paul, obviously. I like some of Mark Sanford's politics, but I can't say I'd vote for him if I had the chance now. I liked former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson. I like Senator Jim DeMint's stand for transparency against the Federal Reserve. I think Dennis Kucinich has some good ideas.

I used to like McCain, before the Bush Jr. years. By the way, I'm not a Democrat, but I like Kucinich.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0smG7ptcM]YouTube - Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) Speaks to the DNC[/ame]

With speeches like that, how can one not?

It's a shame that the DNC crowd was like a bunch of dead fish.

Last edited:
I have to admit that I am not that honest. I am very partisan.

OF course, there are some Republicans I would vote against.

I only know of one politician that I think is worth a crap and I know him personally. He is in the House of Representatives in DC on the national level. I won't mention his name because I don't want to be accused of being a name dropper. I think he must be the only honest politician in Illinois. At least, so far, he's the only one I found. With that said, even as a friend, this politician sometimes pisses me off. I'd like to see him stick around.

As a libertarian I like Ron Paul, obviously. I like some of Mark Sanford's politics, but I can't say I'd vote for him if I had the chance now. I liked former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson. I like Senator Jim DeMint's stand for transparency against the Federal Reserve. I think Dennis Kucinich has some good ideas.
Having good ideas is a start. I liked the idea that Gray Davis D-CA Governor a stand against the energy companies in California when they were raking in way to much. Not being in CA though I can only go by what I have read about him.

I am not at all happy with the choices Obama has been dealing out in his appointments. I personally think if a lot of the representatives keep on the go along with program people will get very fed up with it very soon.

I'd like to see real people get together regardless of political affiliation and take a stand. Not some corporate or money backed operation. I mean truly people that care about each other enough to not sell the other out or short. I think it can be done.

Forum List

Back