Democrats and ATF Want to Stop 5.56 Ammo

5.56, such puny round.

Nah...308 bolt gun for me.

I'd be happy with an m1 or m14.

Those are very pricey these days.

Maybe for an elk, but I have seen them as well as caribou dropped on the regular with them. As for people, you can bust out the googlefoo
and find plenty of photos of folks who would disagree if they survived their ordeal. You will miss the smell of human flesh ripped to shreds by a 556 round, but you will get the idea. No, it won't bust an engine block, but then neither will a 7.62. .308 is nice in anbolt gun and killing people, but there are way better rounds then he 308 that cost half as much for decent ammo.
In my opinion the .308 Winchester is the best do all cartridge there is…
Good ballistic coefficient, very affordable, very Readily available, very accurate, little recoil, short action, all kinds of bullets available because it's a 30 caliber...

Mm, tell you what, take a person who has never shot a gun and have them shoot yours. Allot of people just cant take the recoil and in full auto in say, an AR 10 it can be an beast. As far as hunting a rounds go, there are a ton of rounds that recommended l less and perform better. Gotta remember, animals aren't people so it's apples and mangos really. As a person thumper no argument. It's a bad ass.
The biggest factor is personal preference, what works for one guy doesn't necessarily work for the next, but with the .308 I always recommend them to everybody as a starting spot.
Like I said it's super cheap, you can buy it anywhere convenient store even grocery stores, what have you. It's super accurate and relatively flat shooting 500-600 yards reliable round. It's good enough for anything in North America as far as hunting goes. It's a short action that always has its advantages. Another exceptional cartridge is a 7mm.08... off the charts ballistic coefficient.

5.56, such puny round.

Maybe for an elk, but I have seen them as well as caribou dropped on the regular with them. As for people, you can bust out the googlefoo
and find plenty of photos of folks who would disagree if they survived their ordeal. You will miss the smell of human flesh ripped to shreds by a 556 round, but you will get the idea. No, it won't bust an engine block, but then neither will a 7.62. .308 is nice in anbolt gun and killing people, but there are way better rounds then he 308 that cost half as much for decent ammo.
Good ballistic coefficient, very affordable, very Readily available, very accurate, little recoil, short action, all kinds of bullets available because it's a 30 caliber...

Mm, tell you what, take a person who has never shot a gun and have them shoot yours. Allot of people just cant take the recoil and in full auto in say, an AR 10 it can be an beast. As far as hunting a rounds go, there are a ton of rounds that recommended l less and perform better. Gotta remember, animals aren't people so it's apples and mangos really. As a person thumper no argument. It's a bad ass.
The biggest factors personal preference, what works for one guy doesn't necessarily work for the next, but the .308 I always recommend them to everybody as a starting spot.
Like I said it's super cheap, you can buy it anywhere convenient store even grocery stores, what have you. It's super accurate and relatively flat shooting 500-600 yards reliable round. It's good enough for anything in North America as far as hunting goes. It's a short action that always has its advantages. Another exceptional cartridge is a 7mm.08... off the charts ballistic coefficient.

Now I like the 7mm08 way better. Very reloader friendly, as is by the way .308 win.

5.56, such puny round.

The biggest factors personal preference, what works for one guy doesn't necessarily work for the next, but the .308 I always recommend them to everybody as a starting spot.

Now I like the 7mm08 way better. Very reloader friendly, as is by the way .308 win.
There is no way you can go wrong with either of them that's for sure.

Mm, it will be dumb, but I like any 7mm for the avalibility of reloading stuff. Only one with more would be .30 caliber. I would go with 30/06, but that's just for me.

When people come into my shop and they want a few weapons to cover all bases, I give them a list starting with a Ruger 10/22, Remington 870 pump 12 gauge, Smith & Wesson M&P AR-15 in .223, Tikka t3 .308 stainless, Ruger SR 22 and a Smith & Wesson M&P in .40 Smith.

Mm, it will be dumb, but I like any 7mm for the avalibility of reloading stuff. Only one with more would be .30 caliber. I would go with 30/06, but that's just for me.
30/06 is a great cartridge, I do have to say I prefer a short action cartridge though. Basically a ballistically twin to the 30/06 is the .308.

An online article comparing the 5.45 to the 7.62X39.

7.62x39mm vs. 5.45x39mm - The Gun Writer
7.62x39mm or 5.45x39mm?

It’s a legit question: Do you want an AK-47 series rifle chambered for the traditional .30 caliber round, or an AK-74 series gun in .22 caliber?

Both rounds have their advantages and their disadvantages.

The traditional AK round hits hard. It shreds cover. It crumbles cinder blocks, assuming the target isn’t too far away. It can accommodate a suppressor.

The 5.45 round is lightning quick, shoots flatter, is a tad more accurate and, with its lighter recoil, is easier to control, thus allowing quicker follow-up shots. It’s not effective on cover, however, as it lacks a hard punch.

Mikhail Kalashnikov himself opposed chambering his beloved rifle in the smaller .22 caliber – but his objections were moot after Soviet military planners saw the success of the 5.56mm M-16.

The 5.45x39mm round developed a pretty nasty reputation among the Afghans during the Soviet occupation of their country. It was known as the “poison bullet.”

A hollow space inside the bullet flattened upon impact, causing the round to yaw dramatically inside the body, causing severe internal damage.....

Forum List

Back