Democrats already offered spending cuts in xchange for tax increases - one year ago

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Its sad how short the memory of most right wingers are. The Democrats offered substantial spending cuts last year if only the Republicans would agree to some revenue increases. That's because they are willing to compromise. Republicans were not then - will they be willing now? Doubt it.

Democrats Offer Significant Concessions — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

The Democratic plan features a substantially higher ratio of spending cuts to revenue increases than any of the bipartisan plans.

Although the new plan thus moves considerably closer to Republican positions than any of the bipartisan plans, Republicans have been quick to reject it

Its sad how short the memory of most right wingers are. The Democrats offered substantial spending cuts last year if only the Republicans would agree to some revenue increases. That's because they are willing to compromise. Republicans were not then - will they be willing now? Doubt it.
That's one o' the scenarios I'd heard.....allow the Bush tax-cuts to expire, then start working on spending-cuts.​

Democrats Offer Significant Concessions — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

The Democratic plan features a substantially higher ratio of spending cuts to revenue increases than any of the bipartisan plans.

Although the new plan thus moves considerably closer to Republican positions than any of the bipartisan plans, Republicans have been quick to reject it
Your headline doesn't spell out any details...just that the Dems offered some spending "cuts" in exchange for some tax increases. Often, the Dem's so-called spending cuts mean nothing more than a decrease in deficit spending. No real cuts.

Dems are great at masking their intent with catchy little titles meant to imply they are substantial concessions when they are not. Sometimes, the spending they want to cut is from budgets where there is already no intention of spending the money.

Dems LIE a lot!

Show me the nitty gritty DETAILS of the deal.

Let the Dems have what they want (without any GOP votes), then hold them responsible for the result.

Let the Dems have what they want (without any GOP votes), then hold them responsible for the result.

Won't happen, the GOP puppet masters would have their asses if they allowed their insane military spending and handouts to the rich to expire.

The only way would be to read the actual bill. But did you clink on the link? It gets into details.

The republicans will probably be more likely to agree on something now that the election is over. I'm sure at least part of why they were full-on combative mode was because they were doubling down on the anti-Obama sentiment that swept them into office in 2010. Didn't work, no more elections for 2 years. Might as well at least re-evaluate your position and look to get something done.

And as long as they cut spending first, they may have their offer considered. but considering they've made that offer before and never actually cut anything tells people that Democrats cannot be trusted to honor their deals.

Stop being dishonest hacks and maybe people would work with you.

well aren't they special..cuts for RAISING our taxes..
HELL no, cuts FIRST then we can talk

Last edited:
And as long as they cut spending first, they may have their offer considered. but considering they've made that offer before and never actually cut anything tells people that Democrats cannot be trusted to honor their deals.

I've got an idea - let's put both spending cuts and revenue increases in the SAME bill - that way, they will pass at the SAME TIME and there isn't an opportunity for either party to renege

FUCK YOU'RE DUMBER THAN USUAL TODAY

lol, REVENUE increase...pretty words for RAISING TAXES on the people..

cute

What is really sad is how you expect me to believe this tripe when Republicans offered tax hikes in exchange for a deficit deal and Obama demanded more tax hikes at the last minute.

The only way would be to read the actual bill. But did you clink on the link? It gets into details.

The republicans will probably be more likely to agree on something now that the election is over. I'm sure at least part of why they were full-on combative mode was because they were doubling down on the anti-Obama sentiment that swept them into office in 2010. Didn't work, no more elections for 2 years. Might as well at least re-evaluate your position and look to get something done.
They'll likely cave because they want to preserve the GOP neocon sacrament of Pentagon spending.

Let the Democrats HAVE what they agreed to, it will be THERES...no more talks with these dishonest people

over the cliff we go

Last edited:

Pure horse shit, they offered a decrease in the rate of spending growth, not any real cuts.

Obama and the dems have perfected the art of convincing people they are compromising while being sure to attach enough of their agenda to it, to make it unacceptable to the other side.

That is exactly what Obama did with Obamacare, and the masses bought it and believed Obama compromised because of the Mandate, when the rest of the bill is so loaded with BS, that the GOP could not have been behind it, Mandate or not.

I've got an idea - let's put both spending cuts and revenue increases in the SAME bill - that way, they will pass at the SAME TIME and there isn't an opportunity for either party to renege

FUCK YOU'RE DUMBER THAN USUAL TODAY

I get it. Im dumb because i dont believe you when you propose the same dishonest tactics that your party has used for decades to kick the can down the road and fix nothing.

How about try being an honest person for a change and you wont have that problem. If you are honest, you can be trusted to keep your word.

Prove yourself trustworthy with my money and Id consider giving you more of it.

Forum List

Back