Democrats add teacher money to war funding bill

I thought the bullshit ear marks and tacking on shit that had nothing to do with a bill was going to end under Obama/Pelosi/Reid? Another Demolie?

Well I didn't believe that "Hope & Change" Bull Chit anyway. Did you? Just another dirty trick played on the dumbed-down ignorant masses. How sad.

Republicans are threatening to withhold support for the overall package if Democratic add-ons are included.

So....

ARe we to assume that the Republicans hate EDUCATION even more than they obviously love the troops, or what?

Can you quote the Republican in Congress who said he or she hates education?

It's the way the game is played.

First you try to disguise pork barrel spending or a bribe or a payoff as something noble and worthwhile, like education. Who opposes education? Nobody. But they know darn well that most of America's numbnuts won't look past the title of the legislation, or the one line propaganda description of it, to see what is actually being funded.

However, if the opposition DOES read beyond the false advertising, recognizes it for the irresponsible measure that it is, and opposes it, the beneficiaries simply tuck it into a bigger bill funding something the opposition can't oppose.

If the bill is voted down, they can then say that Republicans 'hate the troops'. If they vote for it and later oppose the education spending, their opponents will say 'You voted for it!"

If you guys would just get smart and make me dictator with unlimited authority for a year, I would fix some of this stuff.

For starters, no bill would be voted on EVER without a clear, honest, comprehensive explanation of what it is for and specifically who will benefit from it, and that would be in English that the average American can understand. To lie about it would be a hanging offense.

And no expenditure would be attached to any unrelated legislation. If you want a bridge over the creek near your house, you're going to have to vote straight up or down for that bridge with nothing else included in the bill.

Of course all that would be pretty much moot because I would make an ironclad policy that Congress could pass no legislation of any kind that would benefit one person or group or community or entity and not directly benefit everybody else equally.

Oh, and I would also make it a felony not to install a new toilet paper roll when you use the last of the old one.

Last edited:
Republicans are threatening to withhold support for the overall package if Democratic add-ons are included.

So....

ARe we to assume that the Republicans hate EDUCATION even more than they obviously love the troops, or what?

Can you quote the Republican in Congress who said he or she hates education?

LOL.... Good luck getting an answer to that one....:lol:

Forum List

Back