Democratic response

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ScreamingEagle, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
  2. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    *yawn!*

3. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    It's obvious the Dems just don't want to play ball. Here's some more "smart" responses from different Democrats:

4. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I heard an exchange between Joe Scarborough and Robert Reich in which they both agreed that the Democratic strategy against the Bush Social Security plan will be the same as the Republican strategy used against Bill Clinton's health care plan, just say no. The other thing that's going on is that four Republican Senators (Snowe, Collins, Specter, and Chaffee) are on the verge of leaving the GOP. I fully expect Chaffee to leave, he's up for reelection in a solidly blue state (Rhode Island). Arlen Specter I'm less optimistic about. Sens. Collins and Snowe I think may come over the Democrats as well. Maine is a Blue state, too, and the Republicans don't want moderates.

acludem

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    What is so messed up is after all we have done in Iraq, Democrats still want us to worry about how we are going to run away. Hello we have an exit strategy. its called victory.

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Chaffee might leave, but the others aren't going to. That's just the DU Kool-Aid getting to your brain! :)

7. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    the big question is:

HEY CHIMP, WHY'D YOU BLOW THE SURPLUS, DUMBASS?!

i swear ADD is a country wide disorder -_-*

8. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

No, the question is how did people get fooled into believing there was a surplus? ADD is indeed a country wide disorder that both major parties seem to fall subject to. It appears the Democrats have forgotten that their party used to correctly diagnose this "surplus" as fake and now attempt to claim it as a great thing that Clinton was able to create. The only difference between then and now is that they want Clinton to have a "legacy" and hope to rewrite history. Unfortunately they don't realize that the internet doesn't have ADD and we can find out what they wrote in their own words.

Clinton, the DNC, and the Congressional Republicans pulled the wool over your ADD encrusted eyes Spilly.

http://baltimorechronicle.com/fake_surplus.html

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Concuring with what the previous poster said. How did you get fooled into thinking there was a surplus.

You see the so called surplus was projected surplus. This surplus was calculated based on the assumption that the economy would continue growing at the same rate as it was at the heart of the 90s Boom. However, The Clinton administration graciously left us with a recession, corporate scandals to clean up, and misrepresented the economic figures of his last two years of office. Because of the recession, which was made worse by 911 the surpluss that was projected with faulty numbers never existed.

I know that the concept that the surplus never existed is difficult to liberals who seem to think President Clinton was the greatest thing since sliced bread and cant comprehend anything that would show the man who has destroyed the Democrat party in a bad light, but the fact is there was never a surplus. So take your head out of your butt and stop worrying about things that never happened 5 years ago so you can help the rest of America prepare for the future.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    My favorite parts were when the Democrats booed and pretty much behaved childishly during a few parts of his speech. That tells me a lot about them right there.

Great post. I'm tired of hearing all this bullshit about how great everything was when Clinton was in office.