Democratic Presidential Candidate

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
My crystal ball says that Obama is not going to run for President in 2012. Forget my personal views concerning Obama but just for the sake of this conversation, if Obama did not run for President in 2012, who do you think the Democratic candidate for President would be?

Hillary. Hillary. Hillary.

Unless something drastic happens to the economy in the next 8 months Obama will run for re-election. The disarray on the Republican side is helping to fortify his hold on the electorate but if the economy crashes because of high food and fuel prices and unemployment explodes (which is possible) the party faithfull will be pushing for another face.

Why isn't any Democrats running against him? I haven't seen any candidates for Dem's at all yet.

Not Hillary. She crashed and burned last time and has been the most feckless and useless Secretary of State since William Jennings Bryan. She gives William Christopher the patina of competence.

How about Ron Wyden? Long term career with no major mis steps.

Not Hillary. She crashed and burned last time and has been the most feckless and useless Secretary of State since William Jennings Bryan. She gives William Christopher the patina of competence.

How about Ron Wyden? Long term career with no major mis steps.

She still has a lot of political capitol in the party. If the Obama phenomena had not occurred she may very well have been Pres instead of Sec of State.

Can you picture the mad scramble that would take place if the Messiah called it the quits right before the election.

Can you picture the mad scramble that would take place if the Messiah called it the quits right before the election.

If you remember back in '68 (if you are that old) LBJ called it quits on March 31st. Of course he had an opponent RFK, who was later assassinated and HHH became the candidate.

If Obama called it quits, the Democratic Party would implode on itself.

The only person I can imagine voting for personally would be Bill Richardson. Doubt he'd run though.

Democratic Presidential Candidate

My crystal ball says that Obama is not going to run for President in 2012. Forget my personal views concerning Obama but just for the sake of this conversation, if Obama did not run for President in 2012, who do you think the Democratic candidate for President would be?

Hillary. Hillary. Hillary.

Thread over.

:popcorn:

Why isn't any Democrats running against him? I haven't seen any candidates for Dem's at all yet.

There are. It's just that with the understood rules of gentlemen partisan politics, it's not polite to challenge an incumbent in your own party, so they're running under third party labels, all of which translate: 'Sacrificial Lamb' in The Land of The Two-Party Sheeple.

:thup: True story!

Last edited:
Not Hillary, she's a pathetic SOS and I think politically done.

Besides which the Left has made it perfectly clear that women will not be allowed to run

Sorry Robert, but that is absolute bull. The left has always encouraged women to run for office and have always had more women in congress then the right.

House - 48 dems - 24 repubs.
Senate - 12 dems - 5 repubs.

We've also had the first woman Speaker of the House, 3rd in line for the presidency. And we were delighted to have her. Why do you think the right went after her the way they did? She was a strong, independent woman. So your opinion on the dems and women is not at all true.

Not Hillary, she's a pathetic SOS and I think politically done.

LOL, she'd absolutely whoop anything you've got. In fact, If Biden bowed out, and Hillary jumped on as VP, you pathetic jackboots are done too. Lame ass gotp.....

First off... I just want to know... where did this "Obama is the messiah" thing come from? As far as I'm concerned, he's nothing more than another politician.

Next... to answer the question. Yes... Hillary Clinton would be my personal Choice. Why? Because she believes in Health Care the way I do.... that it's a basic necessity and ought to be Constitutionally considered to fall under the "life" part of life, liberty and property.

No crystal ball, just common sense: Obummer is an obvious loser and Hellary will take advantage of the obvious.

Clear as 2+3 = 5.

BTW: Herman Cain/Rubio would be interesting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back