Democratic Politicians are liars, frauds and/or pussies

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
It's not that republicans are any better, but the dems are in control right now and are clearly exposing themselves as either liars, frauds, pussies or all of the above with respect to healthcare reform. My guess is that it's all of the above.

Clearly they do not need bipartisan support to pass whatever reform bill they want.

Yet they've so watered it down to the point where it's unlikely to materially change the status quo (except introducing new ways to tax people).

Why?

My guess is that it's because they are all in the pockets of the insurance lobby and at the end of the day they're going to do what's in the insurance companies' interests. Period.

The whole thing is/was a ruse to win votes. Just like republicans have done in the past with abortion and same-sex marriage.

Do you feel like a fool for falling for it?

It's not that republicans are any better, but the dems are in control right now and are clearly exposing themselves as either liars, frauds, pussies or all of the above with respect to healthcare reform. My guess is that it's all of the above.

Clearly they do not need bipartisan support to pass whatever reform bill they want.

Yet they've so watered it down to the point where it's unlikely to materially change the status quo (except introducing new ways to tax people).

Why?

My guess is that it's because they are all in the pockets of the insurance lobby and at the end of the day they're going to do what's in the insurance companies' interests. Period.

The whole thing is/was a ruse to win votes. Just like republicans have done in the past with abortion and same-sex marriage.

one criticism of the government is that "they dont produce anything" well the left seems to want to take the liberty to try to address that, by owning GM not taking over our Healthcare. funny how they didnt even stop to see if somewhere in the constitution is states the government can mandate its people to purchase anything?
why would that be an issue?

Pussies for sure for not telling the repubs to sit down and shut the fuck up.

The biggest Pussy of all - Harry Reid.

reid-incompetent-fool.jpg

This is why I wanted Hillary to win.

I'm not sure she'd do any better on this one. It seems to be more Congress than Obama.
She'd crack their heads. Obama is a wuss.

That's easy for you to say. But I seriously doubt it. More likely that the insurance lobby has their hooks in Hillary too, probably even more than Obama. There is a good chance that Obama was just naive enough to think he could do it for real, who knows.

Regardless, real reform was never in the cards IMO.

Why?

I just about lost faith in the entire government's ability... or rather, will... to do anything outside of maintaining a corporate-friendly status quo.

I'm not sure she'd do any better on this one. It seems to be more Congress than Obama.
She'd crack their heads. Obama is a wuss.

That's easy for you to say. But I seriously doubt it. More likely that the insurance lobby has their hooks in Hillary too, probably even more than Obama. There is a good chance that Obama was just naive enough to think he could do it for real, who knows.

Regardless, real reform was never in the cards IMO.
I disagree. Hillary has always been about affordable health care and getting actual reform as president would secure her place in history and make up for a lot of things she's put up with.

Speaking of Hillary, I just saw her in an interview a couple days ago and she looks like she's aged 20 years since taking the Secretary of State job.

Could have dropped the Democratis part and been just as accurate.

Can I take this a different route? How did WE allow them to do that?

1. Being upset with Congress, but never holding your representatives accountable.
2. Not petitioning for a balanced budget Constitutional Amendment.
3. Demanding a law which requires Congress to read the bill before voting (acts of war excluded).
4. Demanding a law which requires only things relating to the bill in the bill.
5. Make a law eliminating pork barrel projects in other bills.

Forum List

Back