Democratic Mosque Supporters Beg Bush for Help!!!!!

As humorous as this seems, it is taking Obamas position out of context. No one should doubt Obama's belief that the war on terror is not a war on Islam.

I believe it is quite evident that he has no issue with the building of the Mosque. Instead, he has an issue with his approval ratings, so he deemed it best to say nothing that confirms a position.

THAT is what Doiwd and the rest of them should be discussing.

They are doing to Obama what they do to all poiticians. Making something out of nothing.

There's a new argument emerging among supporters of the Ground Zero mosque. Distressed by President Obama's waffling on the issue, they're calling on former President George W. Bush to announce his support for the project, because in this case Bush understands better than Obama the connection between the war on terror and the larger question of America's relationship with Islam. It's an extraordinary change of position for commentators who long argued that Bush had done grievous harm to America's image in the Muslim world and that Obama represented a fresh start for the United States. Nevertheless, they are now seeing a different side of the former president.

"It's time for W. to weigh in," writes the New York Times' Maureen Dowd. Bush, Dowd explains, understands that "you can't have an effective war against the terrorists if it is a war on Islam." Dowd finds it "odd" that Obama seems less sure on that matter. But to set things back on the right course, she says, "W. needs to get his bullhorn back out" -- a reference to Bush's famous "the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!" speech at Ground Zero on September 14, 2001.

Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson is also looking for an assist from Bush. "I…would love to hear from former President Bush on this issue," Robinson wrote Tuesday in a Post chat session. "He held Ramadan iftar dinners in the White House as part of a much broader effort to show that our fight against the al-Qaeda murderers who attacked us on 9/11 was not a crusade against Islam. He was absolutely right on this point, and it would be helpful to hear his views."

And Peter Beinart, a former editor of the New Republic, is also feeling some nostalgia for the former president. "Words I never thought I'd write: I pine for George W. Bush," Beinart wrote Tuesday in The Daily Beast. "Whatever his flaws, the man respected religion, all religion." Beinart longs for the days when Bush "used to say that the 'war on terror' was a struggle on behalf of Muslims, decent folks who wanted nothing more than to live free like you and me…"

For the moment, with Obama failing to live up to expectations, Bush-bashing is over. It's all a little amusing -- and perhaps a little maddening -- for some members of the Bush circle. When I asked Karl Rove to comment, he responded that it means "redemption is always available for liberals and time causes even the most stubborn of ideologues to revisit mistaken judgments." But won't these Bush critics shortly return to criticizing Bush? "This Bush swoon by selected members of the left commentariat is temporary," Rove answered. "Their swamp fevers will return momentarily."

Bush himself has declined to comment on the mosque affair.

Mosque supporters beg George W. Bush to come to Obama's rescue | Washington Examiner

:lol::lol::lol::eusa_pray::lol::lol::lol::eusa_pray::lol::lol::lol::eusa_pray::lol::lol::lol:

One thing I always respected about President Bush was his consistent and clear message that this is not a war on Islam - it's a war against terrorists.

Lots of folks seem to have missed that message.

I fucking love watching the NYT beg President Bush. I fucking love it.

This Mosque issue is being considered as a political issue, religious issue, legal issue, and a moral issue.

However, it is not just one of these issues, and none of them can produce a solution by itself. It is political because this nation is at war, and it effects all Americans at many levels.
It is religious because the ones who murdered 3000+ on 9/11 did it in the name of Islam. It is legal because of the local laws in NYC. It is moral because it involved the families of the victims, the people of NYC, the American people at many levels, and they need to have some sincere and honorable resolve.

President Bush would lose credibility with the American people if he sided with the building of the Mosque. The only real solution is to give the people who are building the Mosque opportunity to be sensitive to all Americans, and move to another location. If they don't, they are making a statement that they are NOT sensitive to the American people.

Then we can all say NO wothout reservation because we would know that they have a hidden agenda.

Mosque Developer Rejects Moving to New Location

Mosque Developer Rejects Moving to New Location | NBC New York
'
These bastads' are going to fight to keep this Mosque right near the 9/11 homicides. This shows beyond a doubt they have one agenda, to shove it up the noses of everyone who lost loved ones in 9/11 and up the noses of every American. It will be a giant symbolic victory over the Untied States. I can see if this is bulit that it will draw nothing but trouble, people will NOT stand for this outrage, and DAMN those who push for it's construction in this area.

Who the hell's country is the United States, US the citizens, or theirs, the likes of HAMAS and these blood thirsty clerics and Islamic Imams? I for one am tired of people like this using our own laws to disrespect every American citizen in this country. This is about sensitivity not religion, you idiots in Washington, including Obama. Wake the hell up and put a stop to this insensitive move that will only end is disaster.

I have no doubt that Bush would be on the same page as the current President. He would play up the legal right angle and avoid giving his real opinion on the "Wisdom" of buildng this Mosque in this location.

This is just TOO funny.

To save Obama, Left cries out for … George W. Bush?
POSTED AT 12:55 PM ON AUGUST 18, 2010 BY ED MORRISSEY

"It’s time for W. to weigh in,” writes the New York Times’ Maureen Dowd. Bush, Dowd explains, understands that “you can’t have an effective war against the terrorists if it is a war on Islam.” Dowd finds it “odd” that Obama seems less sure on that matter. But to set things back on the right course, she says, “W. needs to get his bullhorn back out” — a reference to Bush’s famous “the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!” speech at Ground Zero on September 14, 2001.

Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson is also looking for an assist from Bush. “I…would love to hear from former President Bush on this issue,” Robinson wrote Tuesday in a Post chat session. “He held Ramadan iftar dinners in the White House as part of a much broader effort to show that our fight against the al-Qaeda murderers who attacked us on 9/11 was not a crusade against Islam. He was absolutely right on this point, and it would be helpful to hear his views.”

And Peter Beinart, a former editor of the New Republic, is also feeling some nostalgia for the former president. “Words I never thought I’d write: I pine for George W. Bush,” Beinart wrote Tuesday in The Daily Beast. “Whatever his flaws, the man respected religion, all religion.” Beinart longs for the days when Bush “used to say that the ‘war on terror’ was a struggle on behalf of Muslims, decent folks who wanted nothing more than to live free like you and me…”

For the moment, with Obama failing to live up to expectations, Bush-bashing is over."

your right, that is funny, but to be honest its not uncommon for other presidents opinions to be sought (but imsure they usually do it privately)

i will say this though, one of the things i liked about bush was i didnt need comedy central to get a laugh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back