Democratic Leadership In Denial

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

Just Saw Congress people Lee and Miller on MSNBC's The Final Word with Lawrence O'Donnell.

Sad. The spin would not stop. Lawrence got very frustrated. I'm with Lawrence and Representative Michael Capuano on this one:

“I think the entire leadership team should be stepping aside,’’ he said yesterday. “We just had a major defeat, a historic defeat, and some of the things we were doing didn’t work. When the Red Sox have a particularly bad season, the first thing you do is change the management.’’

- Another face of Capuano - The Boston Globe

Mike's a tough bastard and he takes no prisoners and he's willing to listen and compromise. Sounds like a contradiction, but he is a realist and a damn good pol.

I was actually on his bad side on an issue years ago. He's tough. He's smart. He's a leader. He is rare in the leadership the Dems have now. He's willing to look at the landscape without the rose colored glasses others seem to be holding on to.

btw, I don't care much for the columnist Brian McGrory. He seems to have a bug up his ass when Mike is around.

I wasnt aware that the Red Sox changed managers every year.... go figure...

As for the points, it isn't the leaders that are the problem. They did exactly what you wanted them to do. Pushed bad legislation through. The problem is the fact that you want bad and crappy legislation.

You can change the people in charge all you want. People still don't like drinking piss and you cant get them to start.

Just Saw Congress people Lee and Miller on MSNBC's The Final Word with Lawrence O'Donnell.

Sad. The spin would not stop. Lawrence got very frustrated. I'm with Lawrence and Representative Michael Capuano on this one:

“I think the entire leadership team should be stepping aside,’’ he said yesterday. “We just had a major defeat, a historic defeat, and some of the things we were doing didn’t work. When the Red Sox have a particularly bad season, the first thing you do is change the management.’’

Mike's a tough bastard and he takes no prisoners and he's willing to listen and compromise. Sounds like a contradiction, but he is a realist and a damn good pol.

I was actually on his bad side on an issue years ago. He's tough. He's smart. He's a leader. He is rare in the leadership the Dems have now. He's willing to look at the landscape without the rose colored glasses others seem to be holding on to.

btw, I don't care much for the columnist Brian McGrory. He seems to have a bug up his ass when Mike is around.

capuano is a typical somerville snitch in a suit and tie. he wouldn't know stand up if he tripped over it.

fuck him

capuano is a typical somerville snitch in a suit and tie. he wouldn't know stand up if he tripped over it.

fuck him
:lol:

nah, you're describing the people he ran against. :lol: He's the new kid. I had run ins with Mike over syringe exchange. I never mentioned it to him later on as he didn't make the connection of who I was.

I followed him around with a video camera for about a year. Some woman made a docu on him, I just made videos of appearances. Lots of debates, stand outs and public meetings. I threw away all the original footage when I moved. oy vey.

But the edited vids exist in a system there.

Have you ever met Mike?

As for the points, it isn't the leaders that are the problem. They did exactly what you wanted them to do. Pushed bad legislation through. The problem is the fact that you want bad and crappy legislation.

You can change the people in charge all you want. People still don't like drinking piss and you cant get them to start.

Yep after the lobbyists got done with HCR it was worse than the pill bill.

And a reference to any congressional leadership is questionable at best.

particularly bad season... and the inference was clear.

reading and comprehension still a struggle for you?

get a refund from your tutors. :doubt:

Forum List

Back