Democratic Contradiction

I guess your next agruement will be that obama does not hate America.

And I bet you're not going to have any evidence of that either.

I do not have to produce a damn thing obama does it daily. Any idiot can see it.

You fail then.

"Any idiot can see it." isn't a valid argument. If "any idiot can see it" was true, then there really wouldn't be a point to a message board like this.

And if you can't back up what you say with fact, you're a failure.

And I bet you're not going to have any evidence of that either.

I do not have to produce a damn thing obama does it daily. Any idiot can see it.

You fail then.

"Any idiot can see it." isn't a valid argument. If "any idiot can see it" was true, then there really wouldn't be a point to a message board like this.

Got to ask do you think Bush lied?
Do you blame Bush for everything?

You fail then.

Got to ask do you think Bush lied?
Do you blame Bush for everything?

Do I think Bush lied? I'm sure he has, everyone lies sometimes.
But I don't blame Bush for everything. I think he was a pretty bad President, sure. And I think it was a bad idea to cut taxes during wartime. But I don't blame him for the problems we're having right now, no.

I used to have a serious problem with the money = speech logic, but I now realize that there is some support for that argument. While it appears to give corporations an unfair advantage over individuals, the truth is that corporations are nothing more than an aggregation of individuals working for the same cause.

If we want to embrace the argument that economic inequality should breed political inequality, why give everyone one vote? Why not give registered voters a number of votes in proportion to their income (or net wealth)? For that matter, why apportion House seats by geography and population? Why not apportion them by economic stratum and the share of the nation's wealth held by it? Then instead of, say, California having 12-13% of the nation's population and being represented by 12-13% of the seats in Congress, why not instead apportion 35% of the seats in Congress to the wealthiest 1% of Americans (and so on in some systematic fashion)?

Mixing economic and political influence to the extent we do--to the point where political seats are very nearly up for sale--is a recipe for a perverted system. Which is why, as I said, I would support a Constitutional amendment to put the reins on that.

Money is not the problem, as I said the richest man in America could try to run but if the political elities do n ot want him on the ballot he will be pushed to the side via the mainstream media.

What point are you trying to make? That money doesn't influence elections?

Forum List

Back