Democratic Contradiction

Name one.

I don't make shit up nor do I make statements that are false. If I have to explain it to you then you are a lost cause.

So you can't name one?

Even those who supported him finally see it.
Read to your hearts content
“The real problem we have,” Mort Zuckerman said, “are some of the worst economic policies in place today that, in my judgment, go directly against the long-term interests of this country.”

Aspen Ideas Festival: Obama Loses Support of Nation?s Elite, by Lloyd Grove - The Daily Beast

I don't make shit up nor do I make statements that are false. If I have to explain it to you then you are a lost cause.

So you can't name one?

“The real problem we have,” Mort Zuckerman said, “are some of the worst economic policies in place today that, in my judgment, go directly against the long-term interests of this country.”

Aspen Ideas Festival: Obama Loses Support of Nation?s Elite, by Lloyd Grove - The Daily Beast

I've got to run right now, but I do want to respond to this. Expect a response later tonight?

These people have no concept of what people who make less than 100,000 a year are all about. They are completely clueless. obama with his spread the wealth BULL SHIT takes trips at a whim. Charters a plane for the family dog. His wife books a motel in France with a number of rooms booked. Trips for the kids. Kerry with his yacht tax haven who is completely clueless, as to how his boat found its way to its tax haven. The Clintons wedding for their daughter. My God this insanity has got to stop. Since the democrats are for the poor people why can't they show some restraint?

I'M FOR THE POOR PEOPLE I'M FOR THE POOR PEOPLE
BULL SHIT

bourgeoisie [ˌbʊəʒwɑːˈziː]
n
the
1. (Sociology) the middle classes
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in Marxist thought) the ruling class of the two basic classes of capitalist society, consisting of capitalists, manufacturers, bankers, and other employers. The bourgeoisie owns the most important of the means of production, through which it exploits the working class

So you can't name one?

So, I guess you can't name a single thing that Obama has done that would be considered evidence that he hates rich people. That was your claim, and you've been unable to back it up.

And the opinion of Mort Zuckerman is meaningless to me.

So you can't name one?

So, I guess you can't name a single thing that Obama has done that would be considered evidence that he hates rich people. That was your claim, and you've been unable to back it up.

How about reading the article or are you secared?

These people have no concept of what people who make less than 100,000 a year are all about. They are completely clueless. obama with his spread the wealth BULL SHIT takes trips at a whim. Charters a plane for the family dog. His wife books a motel in France with a number of rooms booked. Trips for the kids. Kerry with his yacht tax haven who is completely clueless, as to how his boat found its way to its tax haven. The Clintons wedding for their daughter. My God this insanity has got to stop. Since the democrats are for the poor people why can't they show some restraint?

I'M FOR THE POOR PEOPLE I'M FOR THE POOR PEOPLE
BULL SHIT

I think I must be missing your point here.

Where's the "contradiction" from your title?

The fact that some Democrats are rich?

Sure sounds like class warfare to me, buddy.

I think it's more a glass-houses type argument.

Hard to be guilty of class-warfare when you just want to be left alone by the government.

I did. Doesn't provide any "evidence" that Obama "hates rich people".

I did. Doesn't provide any "evidence" that Obama "hates rich people".

I guess your next agruement will be that obama does not hate America.

As of 2008, a total of 237 millionaires serving in congress (44%). Less than 1 per cent of Americans are millionaires.
Too bad most Americans are more race concious than class concious.
Because, the most significant factor influencing congressional disengagement from their constituents has been class.
Still disagree with term limits and campaign finance reform?

I think there should be term limits

I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment aggressively altering the way we finance elections but I'll pass on instituting term limits for now. If the former is done right, the latter shouldn't be necessary.

I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment aggressively altering the way we finance elections but I'll pass on instituting term limits for now. If the former is done right, the latter shouldn't be necessary.

What does reforming finance for elections do for any one?

Money is a significant barrier to entry into politics and too often it's a determinant of elections. Incumbents will always have certain advantages over challengers (name recognition, an inertia argument, power) but one of the largest advantages they have now is money: interests tend to give to those who are already in power because it's a safe bet that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you want a better system and better reps, you'll need to make elections more competitive. Reforming campaign finance will allow us to not only stop putting elections up for sale, but start attracting candidates whose primary skill set isn't wringing money out of interest groups.

Money is a significant barrier to entry into politics and too often it's a determinant of elections. Incumbents will always have certain advantages over challengers (name recognition, an inertia argument, power) but one of the largest advantages they have now is money: interests tend to give to those who are already in power because it's a safe bet that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you want a better system and better reps, you'll need to make elections more competitive. Reforming campaign finance will allow us to not only stop putting elections up for sale, but start attracting candidates whose primary skill set isn't wringing money out of interest groups.

You can be the richest person in America and still not be allowed on the ballot.

Funny, that is exactly what they tried in Arizona.

- Google Scholar

I used to have a serious problem with the money = speech logic, but I now realize that there is some support for that argument. While it appears to give corporations an unfair advantage over individuals, the truth is that corporations are nothing more than an aggregation of individuals working for the same cause.

Campaign finance reform almost always ends up restricting someone's political speech in favor of the incumbents and the people with the connections. Look at the DISCLOSE Act, it blatantly favored unions over business interests, and carved out specific exceptions for people with major political clout, like the NRA. When the unions lost the exception in the Senate they opposed it, albeit "reluctantly."

While I would love to see some type of campaign finance reform, I think it might be necessary to impose term limits first.

Funny, that is exactly what they tried in Arizona.

- Google Scholar

I used to have a serious problem with the money = speech logic, but I now realize that there is some support for that argument. While it appears to give corporations an unfair advantage over individuals, the truth is that corporations are nothing more than an aggregation of individuals working for the same cause.

Campaign finance reform almost always ends up restricting someone's political speech in favor of the incumbents and the people with the connections. Look at the DISCLOSE Act, it blatantly favored unions over business interests, and carved out specific exceptions for people with major political clout, like the NRA. When the unions lost the exception in the Senate they opposed it, albeit "reluctantly."

While I would love to see some type of campaign finance reform, I think it might be necessary to impose term limits first.

Money is not the problem, as I said the richest man in America could try to run but if the political elities do n ot want him on the ballot he will be pushed to the side via the mainstream media.

Forum List

Back