Democratic admin taking out AQ leaders at rapid pace

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Way to go Mr. President & the military, of which he is CINC, for giving the enemy no quarter :)

Anwar al-Aulaqi, U.S.-born cleric linked to al-Qaeda, reported killed in Yemen - The Washington Post
The Obama administration in recent months has escalated the use of drones to target al-Qaeda-linked militants in Yemen and Somalia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/12/us/12obama.html?_r=1
In the process, the White House said, it has killed more officials of Al Qaeda in the last two and a half years than were eliminated during the entire Bush administration.

grondahl.jpg

Lat time I looked it was the US military and CIA that have been doing the job. But nice try to take credit away from those who are actually doing the hard work and give it to people who spend more time on the golf course then some of our soldiers get to relax period.

Good thing Obama kept the Bush administrations policies in place huh?

Bush was nice to leave Bin Laden and all these other terrorists alone so Obama could take them out. Turns out that Bush was a pretty nice guy after all.

Lat time I looked it was the US military and CIA that have been doing the job. But nice try to take credit away from those who are actually doing the hard work and give it to people who spend more time on the golf course then some of our soldiers get to relax period.

Way to go Mr. President & the military, of which he is CINC, for giving the enemy no quarter :)

Anwar al-Aulaqi, U.S.-born cleric linked to al-Qaeda, reported killed in Yemen - The Washington Post
The Obama administration in recent months has escalated the use of drones to target al-Qaeda-linked militants in Yemen and Somalia.

In the process, the White House said, it has killed more officials of Al Qaeda in the last two and a half years than were eliminated during the entire Bush administration.
Reading isn't your strong-suit eh? :eusa_eh: BTW- I served

Bush was nice to leave Bin Laden and all these other terrorists alone so Obama could take them out. Turns out that Bush was a pretty nice guy after all.

Yeah well Bush realized how inept Obama would be in everything so he decided to throw him a bone.

I'm glad we're finally reaching the point where we can make a bigger impact on the real enemy, Al Qaeda!! WTG US military and intelligence.

Yes, it's a very good thing the Bush policies are still in place. I find it a little ironic that these were useless wars until we finally penetrated the belly of Al Qaeda, now it appears the liberal left thinks it's a good thing.

I still have the original deck of cards issued right after 9-11. I know the Bush administration took out quite a few of those guys whose faces appeared in that deck. I also find it ironic the MSM is now reporting this, it's all falling into place!!

I'm just happy for our guys in uniform, they certainly are the heros!!

OK, fair point. But that's still not nearly as egregious as your boy StevenC trying to give the credit to Bush a few posts back.

Yeah well Bush realized how inept Obama would be in everything so he decided to throw him a bone.

when will you be legally able to drink? Don't do it because your whacked-out enough as it is :booze:

when will you be legally able to drink? Don't do it because your whacked-out enough as it is :booze:

I would rather be too drunk than too sober like you.

I'm glad you served but to give the POTUS first credit for an operation that he probably knew nothing about is a tad ridiculous...don't you think?

I'm glad you served but to give the POTUS first credit for an operation that he probably knew nothing about is a tad ridiculous...don't you think?

Yeah, I'm sure you'd prefer the president take credit for it himself by giving a speech in front of a banner that says "mission accomplished" :rolleyes:

Well, good thing he inherited the capabilities from "W".

God knows this isn't Obama's fault.

"knew nothing about?" So now you're proving that you didn't read the article :eusa_eh: Keep digging :dig:
To be sure, Mr. Obama made important refinements and changes. Most notably, he has significantly increased the use of covert and clandestine operations by C.I.A. paramilitary and Special Operations forces from the United States military.
He made those policy decisions. Who do you think did it, the WH Press Secretary? :banghead:

Yeah, I'm sure you'd prefer the president take credit for it himself by giving a speech in front of a banner that says "mission accomplished" :rolleyes:

No, I thought that was equally ridiculous and very premature thank you very much. Before inserting your foot into your mouth you should check your targets first. I am no fan of Bush the first or the second.

"knew nothing about?" So now you're proving that you didn't read the article :eusa_eh: Keep digging :dig:
To be sure, Mr. Obama made important refinements and changes. Most notably, he has significantly increased the use of covert and clandestine operations by C.I.A. paramilitary and Special Operations forces from the United States military.
He made those policy decisions. Who do you think did it, the WH Press Secretary? :banghead:

Did he have a hand in this operation? No, he didn't. He gave the go ahead for OBL but this was a long running mission and they fired when they had the opportunity. Obama didn't hear about it till afterwords. Nice try twit but I actually DO read and more importantly I comprehend what is being written, but by all means keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper, it's rather amusing.

Did he have a hand in this operation? No, he didn't. He gave the go ahead for OBL but this was a long running mission and they fired when they had the opportunity. Obama didn't hear about it till afterwords. Nice try twit but I actually DO read and more importantly I comprehend what is being written, but by all means keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper, it's rather amusing.

The President makes the policy decision whether to "kill or capture". Nice try but do not pass Go and do not collect $200. :eusa_hand: :lol:
Under Obama, more targeted killings than captures in counterterrorism efforts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj1wcs7SZj0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj1wcs7SZj0&feature=related[/ame]​

Last edited:
I thought it was the Defense Department that was responsible for this wonderful success. You know, the department that this administration wants all the deepest cuts to come from?......

Forum List

Back