Democrat Wake Up Call

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Ben Nelson is taking a beat down in polling due to his vote for Obamacare. (Luckily he escapes re-election until 2012)

The resulting 2010 backlash is in place, and it looks grim for the Democrats...

____

Health Care Vote Puts Nelson 30 Points Down in Reelection Bid

The good news for Senator Ben Nelson is that he doesn't have to face Nebraska voters until 2012.

If Governor Dave Heineman challenges Nelson for the Senate job, a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey shows the Republican would get 61% of the vote while Nelson would get just 30%. Nelson was reelected to a second Senate term in 2006 with 64% of the vote.

Nelson's health care vote is clearly dragging his numbers down. Just 17% of Nebraska voters approve of the deal their senator made on Medicaid in exchange for his vote in support of the plan. Overall, 64% oppose the health care legislation, including 53% who are Strongly Opposed. In Nebraska, opposition is even stronger than it is nationally.

Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters in the state believe that passage of the legislation will hurt the quality of care, and 62% say it will raise costs.

Full article here:

Health Care Vote Puts Nelson 30 Points Down in Reelection Bid - Yahoo! News

I can't wait to hear all the moaning and see the knashing of teeth. It's going to be historic. Let's all gather to watch the long line of Demorats leave Washington, DC with their tails tucked up between their legs and heads hung down in shame.

But that march was declared the peoples choice in 2004.

Nooo - it was voted out in 2006 and 2008.

The Democrats failed to understand the message.

And so, even greater voter agitation is coming in 2010, and this time the Democrats will pay the price - and a heavy price at that...

Ben Nelson is taking a beat down in polling due to his vote for Obamacare. (Luckily he escapes re-election until 2012)

____

The good news for Senator Ben Nelson is that he doesn't have to face Nebraska voters until 2012.

If Governor Dave Heineman challenges Nelson for the Senate job, a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey shows the Republican would get 61% of the vote while Nelson would get just 30%. Nelson was reelected to a second Senate term in 2006 with 64% of the vote.

Nelson's health care vote is clearly dragging his numbers down. Just 17% of Nebraska voters approve of the deal their senator made on Medicaid in exchange for his vote in support of the plan. Overall, 64% oppose the health care legislation, including 53% who are Strongly Opposed. In Nebraska, opposition is even stronger than it is nationally.

Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters in the state believe that passage of the legislation will hurt the quality of care, and 62% say it will raise costs.

Full article here:

From your link:

Are you REALLY trying to push off a hypothetical re-election race that will not be held for another 2 years as NEWS and as you call it "a wake up call"? Pfffffft.:cuckoo:

____

Full article here:

From your link:

Are you REALLY trying to push off a hypothetical re-election race that will not be held for another 2 years as NEWS and as you call it "a wake up call"? Pfffffft.:cuckoo:
____

Nelson was elected in 2006 with 61% of the vote. He is now polling at 30%

His support has been cut in HALF following his Obamacare vote.

Yes, the turning of the tide is upon the Democrats.

They better know how to swim, because these waters are rising fast, and the waves are going to break hard...

Masturbating to polls is unhealthy.

I do understand where you are coming from, and the folks in DC are reading the same polls.

I think the Ben Nelson numbers are worse news than just Ben Nelson is going to have a harder sell in four years, buy which time people will have largely forgotten this.

The Democrats got the house and senate back in 2006 on a set of promises to the American people that things would not be done in certain ways, and that other things would be done. The Mary Landrew and Ben Nelson sell outs, or more accurately, purchases, are a fundamental breach of promise to the American people. So this poll is not about health care, but about how people feel the Democrats have kept up their part of the bargain.

No! Everything is fine! Don't worry! People want Hope and Change. Pay no attention to the 09 election or these easily manipulated "polls"

Yes Dems Can!

I do understand where you are coming from, and the folks in DC are reading the same polls.

I think the Ben Nelson numbers are worse news than just Ben Nelson is going to have a harder sell in four years, buy which time people will have largely forgotten this.

The Democrats got the house and senate back in 2006 on a set of promises to the American people that things would not be done in certain ways, and that other things would be done. The Mary Landrew and Ben Nelson sell outs, or more accurately, purchases, are a fundamental breach of promise to the American people. So this poll is not about health care, but about how people feel the Democrats have kept up their part of the bargain.

Now THIS assessment I can agree with. Very well said, sir.

Partly right - but the poll also indicates only 17% of Nelson's voters approve of his health care vote.

His support being cut in half signfies the Obamacare issue has being a major component for his massive drop in the polls.

On a national scale, yes, the American people are growing increasingly frustrated with Democrat liberalism - it is not what they signed on for...

Partly right - but the poll also indicates only 17% of Nelson's voters approve of his health care vote.

His support being cut in half signfies the Obamacare issue has being a major component for his massive drop in the polls.
On a national scale, yes, the American people are growing increasingly frustrated with Democrat liberalism - it is not what they signed on for...

You have absolutely NOTHING to support this claim with. Please add something like "In my opinion" to your posts every now and again, will you?

+

And with this post you've contradicted your earlier posts.

Yes, people voted for the Dums based on a bunch of promises they made in '06 and '08 and the Dums have screwed the pooch on that one. The issue is bigger than healthcare, but it is also healthcare. People will remember the issue because their taxes will be skyrockketing under Obamacare while the benefits dont kick in for some time.
Poll numbers can change very quickly (look at Obama's) but if unemployment keeps up they will only get worse for the Dums, who will be blamed (rightly so). As Clinton noted, it's the economy, stupid.

And with this post you've contradicted your earlier posts.

Yes, people voted for the Dums based on a bunch of promises they made in '06 and '08 and the Dums have screwed the pooch on that one. The issue is bigger than healthcare, but it is also healthcare. People will remember the issue because their taxes will be skyrockketing under Obamacare while the benefits dont kick in for some time.
Poll numbers can change very quickly (look at Obama's) but if unemployment keeps up they will only get worse for the Dums, who will be blamed (rightly so). As Clinton noted, it's the economy, stupid.

:clap2:

Sinatra and the other right wing kooks have to hope and pray that this Health Care bill fails by 2010 for all the Democrats to get voted out of office. So either way, even if it helps the country greatly, they still won't support it because that means the Dems stay.

The true definition of partisan hackery.

Moderates, the gullible and the elderly thought Obama was a black Bill Clinton, a fiscal moderate pretending to be a Democrat. Ha HAHAHA HAHHAHAhahahhaHAHhahaha

Boy were they fucking wrong!

And now that is why the Dems have nothing to worry about. Go back to sleep. All is well. Hope Change Snort Kool Aid

Sinatra and the other right wing kooks have to hope and pray that this Health Care bill fails by 2010 for all the Democrats to get voted out of office. So either way, even if it helps the country greatly, they still won't support it because that means the Dems stay.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Damn, Dog! You are too fucking funny. You call everyone a 'right wing kook' and fail completely to notice the hackery of your own partisan self. YOU are the true definition of partisan hackery. :lol::lol::lol:

Idiot.

Actually it's the Democratic party hacks that need to hope this bill falls apart before getting passed because otherwise they are history. It will be the biggest defeat for the Dums in history because the bill sucks donkey dick. Literally.

Forum List

Back