Democrat Switching Parties Today

No, it didn't. The article said he'll be the first Republican to hold the seat. It didn't state that the area was a "heavy "D" county". That was your editorializing.

The article said "historically Democrat"...

Big fucking difference, gomer....:razz:

And California was historically a Republican stronghold, but we don't live in the past, we live in the now.

Does that mean you're going to stop bringing up Bush now?

:clap2:

obama2ndterm - do you coinsider this party switch enough of an embarassment that you feel the need to try to divert attention away from IT and toward something that embarasses the "other guys?"

Not a big fan of the tactic.

I don't get why he'd consider this an embarrassment to start with.
Griffith voted with the Republicans on cap-and-trade, on stimulus, on health care, and had already said he'd vote for Boehner for speaker at the start of the next session.

might be a pretty similar case to what happened up in New York where the conservatives complained that the Republican there wasn't Republican enough. And this Democrat wasn't Democrat enough (hard to be and get elected in Alabama just as I'm sure it's hard to be "Republican enough" and get elected in New York.)

Most of the Democratic strongholds in the deep south jumped to the Republicans over school desegregation and civil rights. A few pockets remain in heavily urban areas.

The article said "historically Democrat"...

Big fucking difference, gomer....:razz:

And California was historically a Republican stronghold, but we don't live in the past, we live in the now.

I love how you guys claim to be the party of "personal responsibility". Pretty easy to be responsible when you're never held accountable for your actions.

obama2ndterm - do you coinsider this party switch enough of an embarassment that you feel the need to try to divert attention away from IT and toward something that embarasses the "other guys?"

Not a big fan of the tactic.

I don't get why he'd consider this an embarrassment to start with.
Griffith voted with the Republicans on cap-and-trade, on stimulus, on health care, and had already said he'd vote for Boehner for speaker at the start of the next session.

might be a pretty similar case to what happened up in New York where the conservatives complained that the Republican there wasn't Republican enough. And this Democrat wasn't Democrat enough (hard to be and get elected in Alabama just as I'm sure it's hard to be "Republican enough" and get elected in New York.)

Most of the Democratic strongholds in the deep south jumped to the Republicans over school desegregation and civil rights. A few pockets remain in heavily urban areas.

I wouldn't even go that far. There doesn't appear to have been much pressure (if any) placed on him to follow the party line. The reason he got the nod to start with is because he was able to self-finance. He didn't really have any deep involvement in politics previously (he lost a run for mayor of Huntsville before winning a state senate seat).

As for the makeup of his district, it's shocking that the Democrats have held on as long as they have. It's mostly rural (60 percent as of the last census) and even more overwhelmingly white (78 percent).

I love how you guys claim to be the party of "personal responsibility". Pretty easy to be responsible when you're never held accountable for your actions.

Ah... back to your old democratic talking points, eh Polkie? Like a warm blanket in winter, huh? Nice to see that some things never change....lol

Personally, I'm always accountable for my actions...

So does living in the now mean you're going to stop bringing up Bush and hold Barry accoountable for his actions?

Ah... back to your old democratic talking points, eh Polkie? Like a warm blanket in winter, huh? Nice to see that some things never change....lol

So does living in the now mean you're going to stop bringing up Bush and hold Barry accoountable for his actions?

No talking points involved. The ruinous policy of deregulation and lack of oversight threw the economy into a tailspin. Instead of admitting you and your ilk made a mistake, you instead look for scapegoats to lash out at. Unemployment doubled while your party held the White House, the number of private sector jobs decreased, Dow down over twenty percent, Nasdaq down 45 percent, S&P 500 down 37 percent. And that's just your party's failures on the economy.

Switching to the Minority Party is very rare and could be an ominous sign of things to come for the Democrats.

No talking points involved. The ruinous policy of deregulation and lack of oversight threw the economy into a tailspin. Instead of admitting you and your ilk made a mistake, you instead look for scapegoats to lash out at. Unemployment doubled while your party held the White House, the number of private sector jobs decreased, Dow down over twenty percent, Nasdaq down 45 percent, S&P 500 down 37 percent. And that's just your party's failures on the economy.

"Party of personal responsibility" is a leftist hack catch phrase... all the uber-libs love it...

Who are me and my ilk? I'm not a republican and I've always been against the spend-a-thon in gubmint... You're only against it when there are a lot of R's at the table... Now that D's are at the wheel it's a "let's spend, spend, spend" mentality for YOU and YOUR ILK....

Kusos for being so transparent...

It is not a good sign when your party is ahead and see defectors. Usually its after the party gets stomped really good that you see this.

Maybe the democrats know something...

How did that work out for republicans and dems when jim jeffords left the republcian party??

What was the overall republican attitude towards jeffords when he left??

From what I recall it was hardly as positive as the positions taken in this thread towards this guy.

"Party of personal responsibility" is a leftist hack catch phrase... all the uber-libs love it...

Who are me and my ilk? I'm not a republican and I've always been against the spend-a-thon in gubmint... You're only against it when there are a lot of R's at the table... Now that D's are at the wheel it's a "let's spend, spend, spend" mentality for YOU and YOUR ILK....

You're not a Republican? That's one of the biggest whoppers I've ever read. Are you guys really that ashamed of your record?

You're not a Republican? That's one of the biggest whoppers I've ever read.

Nope... Registered Independent...

But this thread isn't about me...

You keep avoiding my question, though... Here it is again:

I hold everyone accountable for their actions.

Last edited:
225px-Rep._Parker_Griffith.jpg

Alabama Representative Parker Griffith (D) is going to announce today that he is so unnerved by the health care bill that he's switching to the Republican party.

Good deal.

Parker Griffith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah... so "unnerved" that he voted for it BEFORE leaving the party.

:cuckoo:

I don't like the idea that the Democratic Party is shedding Blue Dogs any more than I like the idea of the Republican Party shedding moderates. It seems BOTH parties are gravitating toward their more extreme elements. Too bad.

Maybe there is more and more room for a party that is fiscally conservative but socially and environmentally moderate. They would probably get MY vote more often than not.

If you support the healthScare bill you can't honestly consider yourself a fiscal conservative.... What fiscal conservative would support such a costly and bribe-laden POS?

For that matter what fiscal conservative would have supported bush? Face it, they are politicians and act based on what they believe is the most politcally expedient opportunity for their own careers. Republicans, fiscally conservatve and otherwise, pretty much blindly supported bush for years. Only now, after he is gone and a democrat is in charge do the conservatives start preaching once again about being fiscally responsible.

I hold everyone accountable for their actions.

You're doing a poor job of it... Defending Barry seems to be your occupation...

Conservative Democrats are all done. The radical Leftist Loons who now run that party have made this clear. I see more of these defections coming.

Forum List

Back