Democrat Switching Parties Today

225px-Rep._Parker_Griffith.jpg

Alabama Representative Parker Griffith (D) is going to announce today that he is so unnerved by the health care bill that he's switching to the Republican party.

Good deal.

Parker Griffith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I'm so sure that's the reason. He lives in the deep south, amid a sea of right wing fringers. He wants to get reelected. Duh...

Hey asswipe! He got elected the first time in the deep south amid a sea of right wing fringers... duh! how stupid can you be????:lol::lol::lol:

Definitely smacks of a decision sprung from political expediency.

Exclusive: Rep. Parker Griffith switches to GOP - - POLITICO.com

I see he voted against the porkulus bill... That's a plus...

Seems to also have a trend of bucking the democratic party line... Also a plus...

Agreed. Which begs the questions: Why was he a Democrat to begin with? Did he run as a Democrat to distance himself from the damage Bush caused to Republican candidates? Is he switching now because of the potential damage done to Democrats? When will he switch again?

Dunno....

From what I've read he was elected in a heavy "D" county, but considered himself a "Blue Dog Independent" (whatever that is)... Also, from the article it seems he got a good tounge-lashing from his constituents over the break regarding the healthScare fiasco...

Won't get re-elected if your constituency doesn't want the healthScare bill...

Alabama Representative Parker Griffith (D) is going to announce today that he is so unnerved by the health care bill that he's switching to the Republican party.

Good deal.

Sounds good, but I'm not sure the Republicans need anymore Democrat-lites in their party.... He probably realizes anyone with a (D) besides their name is going to have a hard time getting re-elected... Anyway, I guess that's a start.

Exactly. The Dems are committing political suicide and they know it. At least this guy is honest about wanting to remain in power. :lol:

Looks like he saw the iceberg and decided to grab a lifeboat while the democratics are rearranging the deck chairs on the USS 0bama....:lol:

and announces his switch to the Republican Party. Griffith's party switch comes on the eve of a pivotal congressional health care vote and will send a jolt through a Democratic House Caucus that has already been unnerved by the recent retirements of a handful of members who,like Griffith,hail from districts that offer prime pickup opportunities for the GOP in 2010. Griffith will become the first Republican to hold the historically Democratic,Huntsville-based district.

Is this a sign of epic disasters to come for the Democrats in 2010? I said all along that most of the Democrats who won in recent previous elections were not Left Wing Loons like the Moveon.org and HuffPo crowd. They were instead mostly Conservative Democrats. The Lefty Loons were too busy celebrating all the recent Democratic victories to realize that most of the Democrat winners were not Lefty Loons like them but were rather Conservatives instead. Most of these Conservative areas of the country will now likely go back to the Republican Party. Most now fully understand that there is no place for Conservatives in the extreme Left-Leaning Democratic Party. I expect to see more defections like this in the future as more & more current Democrats become disillusioned with their party. Parker Griffith will certainly not be the last Democrat to wake up.

if he doesn't get re-elected as a Republican Fox News will still put a D by his name.

I tried to tell some of my Lefty Loon friends that most of those recent Democratic victories were also Conservative victories. They just laughed at me and brushed it off. Most of those Conservative Democrat winners will now likely be replaced by Republicans. There really is no place for Conservatives in the extreme Left-Leaning Democratic Party.

Last edited:
sure....I think the whole world has seen just how conservative the Republicans were in the previous administration.

Good deal.

Yes, I'm so sure that's the reason. He lives in the deep south, amid a sea of right wing fringers. He wants to get reelected. Duh...

Many conservatives in Alabama vote the way their pappy voted.

Some of them are so pig-headed they would never consider changing their votes...even if they hate blacks, and gays, and Muslims.

They don't even know nor care what the Dems are doing. They just look for the (D) and push.
The sheeple in the NE are pretty much the same. No real thought behind their vote.

It is not a good sign when your party is ahead and see defectors. Usually its after the party gets stomped really good that you see this.

Maybe the democrats know something...

Well... I don't care really about R or D... good that he is against the abomination of any of these healthcare bills.. but I don't expect him to be conservative or consistently vote that way... but if it is a thorn in the side of the liberal left wingers, it can't be all bad

It is not a good sign when your party is ahead and see defectors. Usually its after the party gets stomped really good that you see this.

Maybe the democrats know something...

Was watching the news this AM and 4 Dems are retiring as well. Thought that was kinda weird as these assholes stay in power until they get tossed out or die. Kinda makes you wonder if the Dems can see the writing on the wall??

Well... I don't care really about R or D... good that he is against the abomination of any of these healthcare bills.. but I don't expect him to be conservative or consistently vote that way... but if it is a thorn in the side of the liberal left wingers, it can't be all bad

He isn't a thorn. Maybe if we were losing a senator, it might hurt a little more but Republicans have a long way to go before they can actually hurt Democrats in the House.

Good deal.

You should read the article and become informed:

Griffith, who captured the seat in a close 2008 open seat contest, will become the first Republican to hold the historically Democratic, Huntsville-based district.

You know why the Republicans hadn't won it before? The power of incumbency. Bud Cramer could probably had kept winning the seat as long as he wanted. If it hadn't been a wave year for Democrats, the GOP would have picked up the seat in the last election. Bush carried the district by twenty points in 2004 and McCain carried it by a similar margin.

Conservative Democrats are a thing of the past. The Leftist Loons who have taken over that party have made this clear. It's a bad move for them though. Many of those recent victories really were by Conservative Democrats. Now these Democrats have no chance of being re-elected and will be replaced by Republicans. With the exception of the President,there were very few hardcore Leftist Democrats that won in the most recent elections. Giving Conservatives the boot in the Democratic Party might be an unprecedented blunder on their part. I guess we'll see though.

I see he voted against the porkulus bill... That's a plus...

Seems to also have a trend of bucking the democratic party line... Also a plus...

Agreed. Which begs the questions: Why was he a Democrat to begin with? Did he run as a Democrat to distance himself from the damage Bush caused to Republican candidates? Is he switching now because of the potential damage done to Democrats? When will he switch again?

Dunno....

From what I've read he was elected in a heavy "D" county, but considered himself a "Blue Dog Independent" (whatever that is)... Also, from the article it seems he got a good tounge-lashing from his constituents over the break regarding the healthScare fiasco...

Won't get re-elected if your constituency doesn't want the healthScare bill...

Yeah, the district is so heavily Democratic the GOP had won it by over twenty points in the last two presidential elections.

Griffith will be the first Republican to hold the historically Democratic,Huntsville-based district.

The cracks in the Democrat Party are widening into chasms.

The revolution will be televised...

I don't like the idea that the Democratic Party is shedding Blue Dogs any more than I like the idea of the Republican Party shedding moderates. It seems BOTH parties are gravitating toward their more extreme elements. Too bad.

Maybe there is more and more room for a party that is fiscally conservative but socially and environmentally moderate. They would probably get MY vote more often than not.

I don't like the idea that the Democratic Party is shedding Blue Dogs any more than I like the idea of the Republican Party shedding moderates. It seems BOTH parties are gravitating toward their more extreme elements. Too bad.

Maybe there is more and more room for a party that is fiscally conservative but socially and environmentally moderate. They would probably get MY vote more often than not.

Amen to that...

Forum List

Back