Democrat Switching Parties Today

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
225px-Rep._Parker_Griffith.jpg

Alabama Representative Parker Griffith (D) is going to announce today that he is so unnerved by the health care bill that he's switching to the Republican party.

Good deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Griffith

Last edited:
My hearty good wishes to Rep Griffith

I hope the people of Alabama enjoy their new healthcare benefits.

Alabama Representative Parker Griffith (D) is going to announce today that he is so unnerved by the health care bill that he's switching to the Republican party.

Good deal.

Parker Griffith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds good, but I'm not sure the Republicans need anymore Democrat-lites in their party.... He probably realizes anyone with a (D) besides their name is going to have a hard time getting re-elected... Anyway, I guess that's a start.

So? Fuck him.

Red or blue, R, or D- all meaningless; it's the policies that matter.

Why doesn't he stop trying to get his reelection campaign going early, ignore the partisan crap, and simply stand up and vote based on his principles? Let his actions speak for themselves. I see nothing here but early reelection campaigning.

My hearty good wishes to Rep Griffith

I hope the people of Alabama enjoy their new healthcare benefits.

That's OK.

Those will never kick in.

If they ever do it won't be for several years anyway.

By the way...you know that bill isn't supposed to provide free health care...you know that...right????

Good deal.

Yes, I'm so sure that's the reason. He lives in the deep south, amid a sea of right wing fringers. He wants to get reelected. Duh...

Many conservatives in Alabama vote the way their pappy voted.

Some of them are so pig-headed they would never consider changing their votes...even if they hate blacks, and gays, and Muslims.

They don't even know nor care what the Dems are doing. They just look for the (D) and push.

☭proletarian☭;1833518 said:
So? Fuck him.

Red or blue, R, or D- all meaningless; it's the policies that matter.

Why doesn't he stop trying to get his reelection campaign going early, ignore the partisan crap, and simply stand up and vote based on his principles? Let his actions speak for themselves. I see nothing here but early reelection campaigning.

Perhaps he actually does see this bullshit for the callosal fuckup it is?

I agree though, he's exactly what the GOP doesn't need. He should just man up, and vote against it, if he doesn't like it.

Definitely smacks of a decision sprung from political expediency.

Exclusive: Rep. Parker Griffith switches to GOP - - POLITICO.com

I see he voted against the porkulus bill... That's a plus...

Seems to also have a trend of bucking the democratic party line... Also a plus...

Agreed. Which begs the questions: Why was he a Democrat to begin with? Did he run as a Democrat to distance himself from the damage Bush caused to Republican candidates? Is he switching now because of the potential damage done to Democrats? When will he switch again?

Good deal.

Yes, I'm so sure that's the reason. He lives in the deep south, amid a sea of right wing fringers. He wants to get reelected. Duh...

You should read the article and become informed:

Griffith, who captured the seat in a close 2008 open seat contest, will become the first Republican to hold the historically Democratic, Huntsville-based district.

Good deal.

Sounds good, but I'm not sure the Republicans need anymore Democrat-lites in their party.... He probably realizes anyone with a (D) besides their name is going to have a hard time getting re-elected... Anyway, I guess that's a start.

Except the majority of Republicans are "Democrat-lites" as it is.

What we need to do is send them all home to real jobs.

Immie

Many conservatives in Alabama vote the way their pappy voted.

Some of them are so pig-headed they would never consider changing their votes...even if they hate blacks, and gays, and Muslims.

They don't even know nor care what the Dems are doing. They just look for the (D) and push.

George Wallace's Ghost wants his Ears Back, Mudwhistle.

Good deal.

Exactly. The Dems are committing political suicide and they know it. At least this guy is honest about wanting to remain in power. :lol:

Forum List

Back