Democrat Presidential nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by obviousman, Nov 11, 2003.

1. X.P. Alidocious

X.P. Alidocious Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you like a list? :)

The Greens ought to dump Nader and run Biafra.

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +545
    They're already forming behind Kucinich! Nader better watch his back!

3. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nader is backing Kucinich, though he may still run if Kucinich drops out.
    Jello Biafra? The ex Dead Kennedy!?!?!? To put into the parliance of today, he is a warrior gaurding the gates of Democracy. Careful what you wish for, XP. Jello is on a mission to rock the faithful and I think he has your name on his list. :cool:
    Just an observation guys, but the political pendulem swings back and forth in this country. Right now, the political center in DC is to the right of the nation in general (look at the polling numbers). People want health care, they want affordable housing, the want functional public schools, they want economic racial equality, hell a little economic equality across the board wouldn't be a bad thing. They took a look at the dog an pony show in Iraq and bluntly, they are not impressed (38% support GWBs' strategy). Now we have GWB pushing a "rebuild the ME in our image" strategy, a plan that will put all these social concerns on hold for another generation, and for what? What do the american people get? Haliburton gets contracts, the it's raining money on the military industrial complex, elected republicans are floating on a sea of money contributed by these groups so we know what they are getting. What about you and me, what are we getting? Lower oil prices? Don't hold your breath....
    The elephant in the room for those who argue that we're doing it for the Arabs is the fact that the oil under the ME is going to run out in a couple of decades (maybe sooner). What will they do then? We sucked their only natural rescource out from under them and the lions share of the profit went to multi-national corporations...What do we tell them.
    "I hope you have some profitable uses for sand cause otherwise your screwed Haji. But hey, cool democracy" (if we manage to accomplish that).

4. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    What will the Democrats do next to circumvent the law they passed so strongly?

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/11710.htm

5. green lantern

green lantern Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i dont see any democrat beating bush in 04. if i had to pick, i would say dean or clark would stand the best shot, although a slim one, at ousting george w. bush. dean because he will be the only one that will be able to stay in the same galaxy fundraising wise with bush, and he will still lose that battle by over a hundred million dollars. people will respect clarks military background, but not enough to put him in office. as far as hillary goes, she has done nothing but ride bill clinton to the top, any self respecting woman would have dumped him a long time ago for all his extramarital activities. instead, she rode his coattails to the senatorship of new york. she traded on the clinton name. the woman has not earned anything. heaven help us if she ever becomes a candidate for president and wins. i may have to buy the island next door to eric. would not have a problem with her if she had held other offices besides being senator, actually had some experience, not just using the clinton name for political gain.

6. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Aren't the Democrats suppose to be the party of the small guy?
    Why are the having a hard time collecting hard money from individuals?

7. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Green there is a long time between now and the November '04 election. The Democrats are now in general disarray because Bush has trumped them with their own issues and now out-staging them without having to bring himself to the level of name calling or revising events with the help of their mainstream media.

Mtnbiker asks why Bush is getting three times the amount in individual small donations than the democrats are raising with their own law's loophole violations. It seems obvious that the American people (for the most part) are obtaining their information from non-traditional news sources (radio and FOX News). What our friend dijetlo has found to be so offensive is the fact that the population has a mind of their own. This single fact is an oxymoron in the totalitarian form of government that he seems to desire.

The last forty years (prior to 1992) of a Democratic dominated Congress seems to have not been a problem for our Dijetlo and the Democratic slow erosion of the personal liberties and freedoms won with the tragic loss of young American's lives and blood.

Hillary is supposed to be the smartest woman in the world. The fact is that there are many very bright people who now reside in American prisons. Our now alien New York Senator continues to be so intelligent that she steps in every pile of dog poop instead of gingerly stepping around them.

Thank heaven for small favors.

i

8. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Thanks alot Green Lantern, thats a visual I could have done without.:p:

9. green lantern

green lantern Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    SORRY ABOUT THAT VISUAL MTNBIKER, MAYBE WE CAN SPLIT THE COST OF THERAPY AND RID OURSELVES OF THAT IMAGE.:D

10. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Actually Hillary has used Bill's 'DNA stained blue dress' to ride to the Senate in New York state, foreign to her Arkansas chicken plucking friends.

Now she begins to show her true intentions by her unique idea of going to Iraq. I wonder why she suddenly got this brainstorm to tell the US troops that she supports Marxism?