DemocRAT Obey on Afghanistan Surge: "Fool's Errand"...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
War tax proponent Obey calls expected troop surge a 'fool's errand' - TheHill.com

^I was having a Discussion recently with someone here @ USMB about the DemocRATS NOT being Consistent when it Comes to these Wars and who is in Power.

Obey IS Consistent... :clap2:

I Disagree with him, but I will give him Credit for being Intellectually Honest and Consistent, UNLIKE so Many of his Peeps in that Party.

:)

peace...

War tax proponent Obey calls expected troop surge a 'fool's errand' - TheHill.com

^I was having a Discussion recently with someone here @ USMB about the DemocRATS NOT being Consistent when it Comes to these Wars and who is in Power.

I Disagree with him, but I will give him Credit for being Intellectually Honest and Consistent, UNLIKE so Many of his Peeps in that Party.

peace...

Democrats are about evenly split on continuing the war or getting out immediately. Where have you been?

peace...

Democrats are about evenly split on continuing the war or getting out immediately. Where have you been?

Really?... That's not what some People Believe... And their Volume has gone NOTABLY DOWN since their guy Entered 1600.

peace...

Once again, Obama ran his campaign on refocusing on Afghanistan. He is doing what he said he was going to do. Outside the far left anti-any war loons and the far right isolationists I don't recall people calling A-Stan the wrong, illegal, etc.

It was always "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq"

^For Example...

That's from another Thread...

peace...

Except that Democrats have been saying since 2003 that Afghanistan was the war of necessity, while Iraq was an adventure of choice.

Except that Democrats have been saying since 2003 that Afghanistan was the war of necessity, while Iraq was an adventure of choice.

Could you name those People?...

Cause if my Memory Serves me, MANY DemocRATS Voted for Iraq...

And MANY DemocRATS have Continued to Vote FOR it and Fund it.

peace...

peace...

There wasn't a vote over invading Iraq. There was an authorization, but it also contained preconditions, all of which were ignored by the Bush administration.

This really shouldn't come as any surprise. the Democrat mindset is simple. A raise in taxes will fix anything....... You would think by now they would have learned better.

peace...

There wasn't a vote over invading Iraq. There was an authorization, but it also contained preconditions, all of which were ignored by the Bush administration.

That makes you just about as Dishonest as those who Voted for it...

Only you have NO Responsibility for what you say on a Messageboard.

If that's the Pathetic Excuse that these Shitbags are Hiding behind after their Votes FOR Iraq, and then their Continued Funding of it for YEARS, and you are going to Forward that Bullshit for them without Earning a Paycheck for your Troubles, then Fuck ALL of you...

Sincerely... ;)

At least they have Power and Money for their Dishonesty...

You're just a Hack. :rofl:

peace...

It would help if you knew what the authorization actually said:

The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to--

(1) strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq and encourages him in those efforts; and

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

The bill only gave him authorization to invade if the Security Council passed a resolution approving it.

If you want to see a hack, look in the mirror.

Once again, Obama ran his campaign on refocusing on Afghanistan. He is doing what he said he was going to do. Outside the far left anti-any war loons and the far right isolationists I don't recall people calling A-Stan the wrong, illegal, etc.

It was always "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq"

^For Example...

That's from another Thread...

peace...

And I stand by that.

The AUMF after 9/11 was unanimous sans one Congressman.

The AUMF to attack Iraq was split in the Dem party.

Like I said before you want to apply the same rules to both wars. That's NEVER going to happen.

"According to Gallup, 47% of Americans said they would advise Obama to increase the number of U.S. troops, while 39% said they would advise Obama to reduce U.S. involvement. Another 9% would opt to leave troop levels as they are, while 5% said they have no opinion.

The same questions asked earlier this month found Americans leaning to the troop reduction option 44% to 42%." - Gallup Nov. 25th poll

Poll: Americans now say they favor troop increase in Afghanistan | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

It will be interesting to see how much the numbers change and in what direction.

It would help if you knew what the authorization actually said:

The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to--

(1) strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq and encourages him in those efforts; and

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

The bill only gave him authorization to invade if the Security Council passed a resolution approving it.

If you want to see a hack, look in the mirror.

Holy Crap, you are either REALLY Stupid or Painfully Dishonest.

I Highlighted why by Making it BIG.

Nothing like Ignorant Cherrypicking from that Authorization for Force.

peace...

peace...

Many Democrats, as well as Republicans voted for the war in Iraq when we were promised by Rumsfeld et al. that we would be out by Christmas (that would have been Christmas 2003), and that the war would cost less than $100 billion which would be paid for by Iraq generated by their oil revenue.

As Christmas after Christmas passed and the death toll mounted, why would it be surprising that people (including lawmakers) turned against the "mission" there?

So here it is almost Christmas 2009 and that war is still costing about $8 billion per month. Shall I go on?

This really shouldn't come as any surprise. the Democrat mindset is simple. A raise in taxes will fix anything....... You would think by now they would have learned better.

Why don't you just make that your signature, since you can't seem to stay on topic in any thread, instead of whatever that thing is supposed to represent by your current sig?

peace...

If that's the Pathetic Excuse that these Shitbags are Hiding behind after their Votes FOR Iraq, and then their Continued Funding of it for YEARS, and you are going to Forward that Bullshit for them without Earning a Paycheck for your Troubles, then Fuck ALL of you...

Sincerely... ;)

peace...

I think you must have been in a coma when escalation of the situation in Iraq reached its peak in 04 and 05. "Stay the course" was how victory was defined. Congress could not very well let the troops already fighting there go without the necessary equipment and security they needed. The supplemental war packages (never added to Bush's budget deficit, by the way), if not passed as is were continually threatened by a veto by Bush, which of course politically would have made it appear that Democrats didn't want to support the troops. Educate yourself.

Why don't you just make that your signature, since you can't seem to stay on topic in any thread, instead of whatever that thing is supposed to represent by your current sig?

I am on topic, the topic here is that Obey wants to raise taxes, or have you forgotten the OP already? And that thing is my military retired rank. I earned it and I use it. But you obviously know nothing about that. Just step away from the computer and go find a vet to thank.

Sincerely... ;)

peace...

I think you must have been in a coma when escalation of the situation in Iraq reached its peak in 04 and 05. "Stay the course" was how victory was defined. Congress could not very well let the troops already fighting there go without the necessary equipment and security they needed. The supplemental war packages (never added to Bush's budget deficit, by the way), if not passed as is were continually threatened by a veto by Bush, which of course politically would have made it appear that Democrats didn't want to support the troops. Educate yourself.

I am Educated on this and MANY other things...

The DemocRATS have had the Purse Strings since 2006...

The Presidency for almost a Year...

Their Lack of Action, instead Status Quo or Expansion of (43)'s Policies now that they have 3/3's Control only Dictates what Dishoenst Cowards they were Prior to 2006.

Fuck them and those that Excuse them.

peace...

Sincerely... ;)

peace...

I am Educated on this and MANY other things...

The DemocRATS have had the Purse Strings since 2006...

And in their very first war supplement, they put in conditions to be met. The Republicans blocked the bill (I can't recall off the top of my head if Senate Republicans filibustered or if Bush vetoed it).

The Presidency for almost a Year...

Their Lack of Action, instead Status Quo or Expansion of (43)'s Policies now that they have 3/3's Control only Dictates what Dishoenst Cowards they were Prior to 2006.

Fuck them and those that Excuse them.

peace...

And onward with the highly dishonest argument that Democrats are promoting Bush's policies. Yes, it's the same policy Bush promoted the last year of his term, which was a policy shift to a virtual carbon copy of what Democrats had been calling for. For years, Bush resisted a timetable for withdrawal. Then he finally agrees to one (but refuses to call it that) and signs a deal with the Iraqi government to formalize it, and it's the Democrats who you want to claim have changed their position because what they're been arguing for all along was enacted.

I am on topic, the topic here is that Obey wants to raise taxes, or have you forgotten the OP already? And that thing is my military retired rank. I earned it and I use it. But you obviously know nothing about that. Just step away from the computer and go find a vet to thank.

Yes, I did forget the OP, but I stand with my remark that you will jump in willy-nilly just to mouth off. As for your rank, we can see it on your sleeve. And I thank veterans in person once a week when I cook for a half-way house for homeless vets, and I say goodnight to my father who fought in WWII, my uncle who fought in Korea, and a brother who died in Vietnam. The latter in response to just another one of your piss-poor assumptions about us evil "liberals."

Forum List

Back