Democrat Morality

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Avatar4321, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Midcan started a thread on Republican morality, which has been an interestind discussion. So I was thinking why don't we ever talk about Democrat morality?

And then I realized, I have no clue what morals Democrats have. So what is Democrat morality?

2. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Far as I can tell, democrat morality is equality of outcomes. Doesn't matter how hard you work or what you earn, it's all about what you deserve. And don't worry about future generations, the little fuckers can't vote anyway.

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    They have none.

They are the party of ABORTIONS. that should tell all you need to know

4. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Democratic morality is whatever morality a given democrat may have. Otherwise for democrats, unlike republicans, it’s a non-issue.

If it’s a ‘non-issue’ for democrats, why did midcan5 start a thread about republican morality?

Because republicans make an issue of morality, social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists in particular – indeed, many republicans try to use the ‘moral issue’ (aka ‘family values’) as a political weapon. Many republicans try to imply that democrats have no values or morality in an attempt to attack a given democratic candidate or democrats in general, when in fact democrats are just as moral as republicans.

Consequently, when a republican candidate/politician engages in immoral behavior, the GOP as a whole is justly subject to ridicule.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  5. Sirkarl101

Sirkarl101 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Again stereotyping at the highest level. Guess what people I do not need a party to influence my morality. Perhaps I will leave that up to the brain dead folks who rely on FOX and MSNBC to do their thinking for them. I am American first and both democrats and republicans are showing they care more about themselves rather than the people that voted for them with the exception of a few.

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    ^^^^^^^^^^

braindead twit...

7. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Democrats are too diverse to say anything about morality that can apply to all of them.

If you want to talk about "liberal morality," though, that might lead to a discussion of the moral changes that emerged from the last Awakening era (1964-1984). I might participate in that.

8. laughinReaper

laughinReaper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +582
    What ever is politically correct at the time no matter how insanely stupid it might be.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    C_Clayton_Jones, well said. Excellent analysis that gets to the heart of the issue.

==================================================

Avatar4321, you live in Philly surely you know by now what party to register in, but we often vote for republicans and O'Neill's office has been a big help for family and friends.

"I believe in an America in which the fruits of productivity and prosperity are shared by all, by workers as well as owners, by those at the bottom as well as those at the top; an America in which the sacrifices required by national security are shared by all, by profiteers in the back offices as well as volunteers on the front lines." Theodore C. Sorensen

Ted Sorensen gave an excellent answer in "Why I am a Democrat," link below, check it out if you want an excellent statement on the difference in parties. Harry Truman too outlined the differences here: Truman Library - Public Papers of the Presidents: Harry S. Truman for those interested.

"In the Democratic Party, you won't find the kind of unity where everybody thinks what the boss tells him to think, and nothing else."

I see the usual stupid answers from the right. I know 'stupid' is not PC, my grandchildren tell me that often, but stupid comments they are. I'll check back to see if a republican with a brain arrives. I hope one does, but I suspect I know the answer already. ;)

"If by a 'Liberal' they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a 'Liberal,' then I'm proud to say I'm a 'Liberal.'" President John F Kennedy on September 14, 1960

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Why-Am-Democrat-Theodore-Sorensen/dp/0805044140/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Why I Am a Democrat (9780805044140): Theodore C. Sorensen: Books[/ame]

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

10. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Only idiots broadbrush.

Oh, Hai! C_Clayton, Steph and midcan! Nice brush you have there.

Buncha pious jackaknapes.