Democrat Failed States

New Yorks an embarrassment to the country..

Trade Center rebuilt yet...?... not with the Democrats in control...

Trade Center hasn't been rebuilt because the whole damned country keeps telling us how to build it.

Shaddup already!

(Anyway..lots of progress..lately)

An excuse for lack of performance... yawn

One reason is that the red states on average have lower population; thus their two Senators give them higher per capita representation in Washington than the blue states get, which translates into more federal handouts. As an example, the Pentagon has long wanted to shut down some military bases and discontinue some weapons systems that it does not regard as sufficiently useful, but is blocked by Senators or congressmen from the relevant districts; indeed defense contractors famously locate their factories in the districts of powerful congressmen for precisely this reason.

The top ten feeders at the federal trough in 2005 were: New Mexico, Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, Kentucky and Virginia. (Sarah Palin’s home state of Alaska ranks number one if measured in terms of federal spending per capita. Alabama Senator Shelby evidently gets goodies for his state, ranked 7, by indiscriminately holding up votes on administration appointments.) The top ten milk cows were: New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, and Colorado.

Red States, Blue States and the Distribution of Federal Spending | Jeff Frankels Weblog | Views on the Economy and the World

states that receive more than a dollar back for every dollar they pay in taxes (which they've coded red), and the states that receive less than a dollar back for every dollar they pay in taxes (which they've coded blue).

mapstatestaxes.gif

Ezra Klein - The red state ripoff

All kinds of red/blue maps on the Internet.

teenpreg.png

If all those red states would just secede like they threaten, the Blue, liberal US would be the richest, most debt free country on earth. In fact, we would have to build a fence to keep all those confederate immigrants out.

Blue states have all the financial, and trade and transportation centers in the country, hence all the income. They were there long before the present failed governance, which has nothing to do with the wealth they create.

If you didn't notice, Hong Kong is part of China, and NK good riddance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVZzRY0X6_g

And communist too. (Well, autocratic)
Only its social policies are communist, otherwise it's an entirely state capitalist country.

No..it's not.

It's commie/corporatist.

They give a certain amount of autonomy to Hong Kong..because they don't want to chase out the bankers..but the rest of the country pretty much does what the central planners want them to do.

I was in Hong Kong before the commies and after. There use to be Boat People in Aberdeen bay. The Brits collected taxes from them in the form of eggs and other goods. They sort of added charm to Hong Kong. After the commies..they were booted. No questions asked. As was anyone that couldn't "afford" to live there.

And communist too. (Well, autocratic)
Only its social policies are communist, otherwise it's an entirely state capitalist country.

No..it's not.

It's commie/corporatist.

They give a certain amount of autonomy to Hong Kong..because they don't want to chase out the bankers..but the rest of the country pretty much does what the central planners want them to do.

I was in Hong Kong before the commies and after. There use to be Boat People in Aberdeen bay. The Brits collected taxes from them in the form of eggs and other goods. They sort of added charm to Hong Kong. After the commies..they were booted. No questions asked. As was anyone that couldn't "afford" to live there.

That's hilarious. I was over there in 96, a year before they were handed back over to China and in 2003. I remember the boat people. Do you remember the old airport?! That was always a thriller when landing, limited runway, skyscrapers.

Food was awesome over there, especially the little carts in the streets.

That's hilarious. I was over there in 96, a year before they were handed back over to China and in 2003. I remember the boat people. Do you remember the old airport?! That was always a thriller when landing, limited runway, skyscrapers.

The first time I landed in the old airport there was a wrecked airplane tossed off to the side. Ugh..but was sort of fun.

Yeah..food was awesome.

Did you get a chance to see that huge restaurant in the middle of the bay? I was told the food was awful by the locals..but it was a damn impressive sight!

One reason is that the red states on average have lower population; thus their two Senators give them higher per capita representation in Washington than the blue states get, which translates into more federal handouts. As an example, the Pentagon has long wanted to shut down some military bases and discontinue some weapons systems that it does not regard as sufficiently useful, but is blocked by Senators or congressmen from the relevant districts; indeed defense contractors famously locate their factories in the districts of powerful congressmen for precisely this reason.

The top ten feeders at the federal trough in 2005 were: New Mexico, Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, Kentucky and Virginia. (Sarah Palin’s home state of Alaska ranks number one if measured in terms of federal spending per capita. Alabama Senator Shelby evidently gets goodies for his state, ranked 7, by indiscriminately holding up votes on administration appointments.) The top ten milk cows were: New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, and Colorado.

Red States, Blue States and the Distribution of Federal Spending | Jeff Frankels Weblog | Views on the Economy and the World

states that receive more than a dollar back for every dollar they pay in taxes (which they've coded red), and the states that receive less than a dollar back for every dollar they pay in taxes (which they've coded blue).

mapstatestaxes.gif

Ezra Klein - The red state ripoff

All kinds of red/blue maps on the Internet.

teenpreg.png

If all those red states would just secede like they threaten, the Blue, liberal US would be the richest, most debt free country on earth. In fact, we would have to build a fence to keep all those confederate immigrants out.

North Dakota!!! :woohoo:

:D

Blue states have all the financial, and trade and transportation centers in the country, hence all the income. They were there long before the present failed governance, which has nothing to do with the wealth they create.

Yea, they are creating so much "wealth". From corn?

Still, if the money from the Blue States wasn't being drained by "prosperous" Red States, then maybe, just maybe, it would be the Blue States that would be "prosperous". Funny how that works.

I wonder how those Blue States managed to get all the financial, and trade and transportation centers in the country? They had to of cheated somehow. I'm sure education, investment and hard work had nothing to do with it.

The first time I landed in the old airport there was a wrecked airplane tossed off to the side. Ugh..but was sort of fun.

Yeah..food was awesome.

Did you get a chance to see that huge restaurant in the middle of the bay? I was told the food was awful by the locals..but it was a damn impressive sight!

I had to ask my inlaws the name of that floating restaurant. It was the Jumbo Restaurant. I actually ate there and yeah the food wasn't very good. I did get a couple of real nice chopsticks from there though. I remember drinking a Corona for 8 bucks at one of the bars and that was 14 years ago.

Yeah..food was awesome.

I had to ask my inlaws the name of that floating restaurant. It was the Jumbo Restaurant. I actually ate there and yeah the food wasn't very good. I did get a couple of real nice chopsticks from there though. I remember drinking a Corona for 8 bucks at one of the bars and that was 14 years ago.

Yeah! Thats the one!

I felt like James Bond passing it buy in that little boat.

Was amazing.

Glad I didn't eat there..

Still, if the money from the Blue States wasn't being drained by "prosperous" Red States, then maybe, just maybe, it would be the Blue States that would be "prosperous". Funny how that works.

I wonder how those Blue States managed to get all the financial, and trade and transportation centers in the country? They had to of cheated somehow. I'm sure education, investment and hard work had nothing to do with it.
Worst Airports in the World | sleepinginairports.net
Which feature three of the worlds worst airports, what you call centers are nothing to be proud of.

Oh well, I mean who can compete with such highly regarded, successful, and important centres of culture like Wyoming, Mississippi, or Idaho? My dream is to immigrate to America and be able to settle the proud town of Bumblefucknowhere, Oklahoma. :rolleyes:

Sorry for being condescending, but please...

Oh well, I mean who can compete with such highly regarded, successful, and important centres of culture like Wyoming, Mississippi, or Idaho? My dream is to immigrate to America and be able to settle the proud town of Bumblefucknowhere, Oklahoma. :rolleyes:

French Frogs...:uhoh3:

Because you won't be taxed on 60% of what you make like you would be in New York?

New York a "failed state"?

Gosh..you make me wanna cry into my Beefeater martini (olives please) while eating my poterhouse steak while I lounge around in my imported silk pjs while watching my Bravia HDTV in my upper east side Manhattan co-op.

Really..

But my limo is down stairs and I must run.
Dude, they can't even run OTB at a profit. It's failed.

Don't forget Michigan. 20% unemployment and rising... maybe falling soon. Depends if the state legislature also went red.

Worst Airports in the World | sleepinginairports.net
Which feature three of the worlds worst airports, what you call centers are nothing to be proud of.

They have been there for 100+ years, or have coastal access.

New Topics

Forum List

Back