Democrat Durbin Deceives on Doctrine

because we always HAD diversified ownership of the PUBLIC airways.... until Bush's buddies were allowed a pass.

it's generally considered a good thing for INFORMATION to come from more than one source.

Ummm, it's much easier to find a liberal POV than a conservative one, regarding media outlets. So the left will not rest until THEY have a monopoly ? .... :eusa_whistle:

I don't know it you had the opportunity to see the following:
"The fact that the federal government issues broadcast licenses, the original purpose of which was to regulate radio signals, ought not become an excuse to destroy one of the most accessible and popular marketplaces of expression. The AM broadcast spectrum cannot honestly be considered a "scarce" resource. So as the temporary custodian of your office, you should agree that the Constitution is more important than scoring transient political victories, even when couched in the language of public interest."

Limbaugh: Keep the Airwaves Free - WSJ.com

and you're not a rushbot?

stereotype. lol...

now let's watch pc rant and rave again so no one disagrees with her garbage. :eusa_shhh:

So in other words, mass hysteria by the wingnuts.

You guys really should get a new schtick, the hysteria has reached a fever pitch and the Republicans are basically the laughingstock of the universe.

You guys really should get a new schtick, the hysteria has reached a fever pitch and the Republicans are basically the laughingstock of the universe.

Jillian allowed you out?

Wow, you must be getting to be a BIG girl. How time flies.

when all is said and done the left cannot overcome the basic facts that they cannot compete on a fair playing field.. no one wants to hear their shit.. it's just that simple know why? just watch Maddow and Olberman,, they peddle hate! guess what? NBC/GE is on the verge of bankruptcy,, their stock is way below ten dollars..

who ya gonna blame for that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

when all is said and done the left cannot overcome the basic facts that they cannot compete on a fair playing field.. no one wants to hear their shit.. it's just that simple know why? just watch Maddow and Olberman,, they peddle hate! guess what? NBC/GE is on the verge of bankruptcy,, their stock is way below ten dollars..

who ya gonna blame for that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The free market, capitalist bastards of course...... :tongue:

stereotype. lol...

now let's watch pc rant and rave again so no one disagrees with her garbage. :eusa_shhh:

Now, see what you have done again? You keep putting me in the position of being your teacher. Now pay attention:
An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author.

Try to read the post again, and find any error in the concept that there is no reason to limit the AM band.

Also, a a style suggestion, try not to use the following: "BUSH-IDIOT-DOLT-STUPID-COULTERGEIST- or RUSHBOT."

Then, I might give you a passing grade.

Last edited:
Ummm, it's much easier to find a liberal POV than a conservative one, regarding media outlets. So the left will not rest until THEY have a monopoly ? .... :eusa_whistle:

I don't know it you had the opportunity to see the following:
"The fact that the federal government issues broadcast licenses, the original purpose of which was to regulate radio signals, ought not become an excuse to destroy one of the most accessible and popular marketplaces of expression. The AM broadcast spectrum cannot honestly be considered a "scarce" resource. So as the temporary custodian of your office, you should agree that the Constitution is more important than scoring transient political victories, even when couched in the language of public interest."

Limbaugh: Keep the Airwaves Free - WSJ.com

stereotype. lol...

Ever think some might agree with her "garbage" and disagree with yours ? ....:razz:

Jillian allowed you out?

Wow, you must be getting to be a BIG girl. How time flies.
awww...I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for you.

All contributions cheerfully accepted. Make the check out to the RNC.

are they going to use the fairness doctrine for television?

FYI the Fairness Doctrine is now officially dead...."diversity" and "localism" and "in the public interest" have now replaced it...per Durbin's sneaky amendment....why is it they snuck these things though on another bill anyway...?

...however, you raise a good question....it would be real interesting to see if TV also had to adhere to "localism" rules just like radio...LOL...people would miss all their favorite snynicated shows....unless they were produced "locally"......LOLOLOL.....only the folks in LA Hollyweird area would get to see them...

BTW here's a question.....what does "in the public interest" really mean???

Ever think some might agree with her "garbage" and disagree with yours ? ....:razz:

Well, except the facts I set forth really can't be disagreed with. You can have whatever opinions you want, but the facts are the facts.

I'm sure there are others who agree with her. But it's kind of difficult to disagree with the statement that until Bush's FCC, there were always limits to how much media an individual or individual corporation could own in a particular market.

Whether you think that the law returning to those limits is right or wrong... it certainly has nothing to do with "fairness doctrine" which is an entirely different legal concept.

So the answer to your question... you can disagree with what I've said. But you'd be incorrect because it isn't a matter of opinion. And yes, her stuff is wingnut garbage. But she's probably going to start squealing like a stuck pig again.

But it's kind of difficult to disagree with the statement that until Bush's FCC, there were always limits to how much media an individual or individual corporation could own in a particular market.

I disagree. There are still legal limits in existence....listed below for your edification....is there any corporation you know of who is exceeding them? Clear Channel has been pushing to raise the cap from 8 to 10 in major markets I believe... but that does not mean they are breaking the law.

Local Radio/TV Cross-Ownership. The rule allows common ownership of up to two TV stations and several radio stations in a market, so long as the entity’s combination complies with the local radio and local TV ownership limits. In the largest markets, an entity may own up to two TV stations and six radio stations (or one TV station and seven radio stations).

Local Radio Ownership. The rule imposes restrictions based on a sliding scale that varies by the size of the market: (1) in a radio market with 45 or more stations, an entity may own up to eight radio stations, no more than five of which may be in the same service (AM or FM); (2) in a radio market with between 30 and 44 radio stations, an entity may own up to seven radio stations, no more than four of which are in the same service; (3) in a radio market with between 15 and 29 radio stations, an entity may own up to six radio stations, no more than four of which are in the same service; and (4) in a radio market with 14 or fewer radio stations, an entity may own up to five radio stations, no more than three of which are in the same service, as long as the entity does not own more than 50 percent of all stations in that market.

FCC's Review of Broadcast Ownership Rules

Last edited:

So the answer to your question... you can disagree with what I've said. But you'd be incorrect because it isn't a matter of opinion. And yes, her stuff is wingnut garbage. But she's probably going to start squealing like a stuck pig again.

Typical of the kind of insulated lib to assume that whenever they are taken to the woodshed for rude and abrasive posts, the one spanking her is "squealing like a stuck pig again."

Check out all posts, and you will see that I have, time and again, used humor and intelligence to beat and defeat. I have not reduced my responses to your well-worn "BUSH-IDIOT-DOLT-STUPID-COULTERGEIST- or RUSHBOT."

To correct the record: I never squeal. I read your nasty posts, and then say to myself, 'I am about to pop the top on this can of ass whuppin’ and what follows is not, for you, pretty.

BTW, it seems that post #75 above has crumpled your last "fact."

Forum List

Back