Democrat bigotry on parade

"In a survey that cuts against the media stereotype, a new Gallup Poll has found that more Democrats than Republicans say they would not vote for a Mormon for president. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats say they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, while 18 percent of Republicans say the same. For independents, the figure is 19 percent. "

Anti-Mormon bias persists, notably among Democrats | Washington Examiner

I would call that polls- "73% of Democrats and 82% of Republicans don't know how batshit crazy Mormons are!"

It's not bigotry to realize that if you think you are wearing magic underwear, black people are cursed by God with Dark Skin, and you are going to be a God on your own planet when you die, you are probably too fucking crazy to have the nukes.

I'm sure AFTER Romney gets the nomination, the MSM will inform us how crazy Mormon beliefs are. And all those numbers will go up.

But to the point, why is the GOP so hot to nominate someone that 18% of their base won't vote for. I mean, 27% of Democrats aren't a big deal, those guys weren't going to vote for the Republican, anyway. But 18% of Republicans?

Ummmm. Yeah. That's a problem.

Well..now that Romney "went there" and started essentially saying that Obama was crushing "religious" liberty..

He deserves every bit of it.. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E]The Secret World of Mormonism - Mormon Cartoon - YouTube[/ame]

Well..now that Romney "went there" and started essentially saying that Obama was crushing "religious" liberty..

With the fiscal/economic challenges staring this country in the face (and it appears most don't know how bad they still are), it's been amazing watching religion play such a role so far. Between Romney's Mormonism and Santorum's inexplicable social issues march, this thing just gets goofier every freakin' day.

Obama, the luckiest guy on the planet.

With the fiscal/economic challenges staring this country in the face (and it appears most don't know how bad they still are), it's been amazing watching religion play such a role so far. Between Romney's Mormonism and Santorum's inexplicable social issues march, this thing just gets goofier every freakin' day.

I think it has a lot to do with other than complaining about the state of the economy, which will get you by in a midterm, you have to actually offer solutions.

And here's the dirty little secret. Neither party has any real solutions. They can't raise taxes or cut them, they can't really cut spending or increase it, and they can't really address the real problem, which is our awful trade policy.

I think it has a lot to do with other than complaining about the state of the economy, which will get you by in a midterm, you have to actually offer solutions.

And here's the dirty little secret. Neither party has any real solutions. They can't raise taxes or cut them, they can't really cut spending or increase it, and they can't really address the real problem, which is our awful trade policy.

Well Obama has been addressing the trade deficit..and trade policy. Big business is going nuts. And Romney can't adopt the same platform. Cutting out the goodies for off shoring isn't consistent with GOP dogma.

I suspect the poll was biased by the fact that the presumptive Republican candidate is Mormon and the presumptive Democratic candidate is not.

I think that if one polled Democrats on whether they would vote for, say, Harry Reid or Sharron Angle they would pick the Mormon (Reid) over the non-Mormon or "none of the above". There are plenty of Mormons who represent the policies of the Democratic party, people just aren't very aware of it.

Well, you'd be wrong. The figure of about 22% of the electorate not wanting a LDS has been pretty consistant over the last 20 years.

No, YOU would be wrong.

In February of 2007, 30% of Republicans said they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, as opposed to 23% of Democrats.

Percentage Unwilling to Vote for a Mormon Holds Steady

Well Obama has been addressing the trade deficit..and trade policy. Big business is going nuts. And Romney can't adopt the same platform. Cutting out the goodies for off shoring isn't consistent with GOP dogma.

Ooookay, you keep telling yourself that, spanky. You keep telling yourself that when the Chinese say "Jump", Obama isn't sayin" How high?"

Some defect in the liberal brain really seems to prevent them from seeing it when it comes from the left. They are so fully convinced of their own inherent goodness that any action or attitude or statement from the left must by definition be virtuous no matter what it is. This is the mental handicap with which they are burdened.

So you are saying you should vote for someone, no matter what they believe because they are, uh, running?

Survey: Mormons embrace GOP, shun Democrats | The Salt Lake Tribune

So, let me get this, uh, "straight". Republicans are saying Democrats should vote for Mormons who "shun" Democrats? Well, by that bit of logic, all Republicans should be voting for Obama to prove they aren't "racist".

Strange how Republicans ignore the same argument they use when it comes back to bite them on the.......

I suspect the poll was biased by the fact that the presumptive Republican candidate is Mormon and the presumptive Democratic candidate is not.

I think that if one polled Democrats on whether they would vote for, say, Harry Reid or Sharron Angle they would pick the Mormon (Reid) over the non-Mormon or "none of the above". There are plenty of Mormons who represent the policies of the Democratic party, people just aren't very aware of it.

Well, you'd be wrong. The figure of about 22% of the electorate not wanting a LDS has been pretty consistant over the last 20 years.

No, YOU would be wrong.

In February of 2007, 30% of Republicans said they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, as opposed to 23% of Democrats.

Statistical anomoly. the same chart shows the number was 19% in 1999, which is where it is now...

Nice try, though.

Again, I think the real numbers are actually higher for both parties, but most people who think the Mormons are crazy won't openly say so.

Because look at all the greif I get here when I point it out.

"In a survey that cuts against the media stereotype, a new Gallup Poll has found that more Democrats than Republicans say they would not vote for a Mormon for president. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats say they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, while 18 percent of Republicans say the same. For independents, the figure is 19 percent. "

This liberal might vote for a Mormon. It would depend on the Mormon. The ones I've known personally are great people.

I wouldn't vote for a Scientologist, myself, I guess that makes me a bigot. Oh well.

That being said,

The poll is obviously massively biased, considering there is a viable Republican candidate for President that is Mormon.
It doesn't take a Ph.D.is sociology or psychology to figure that one out. Had you asked the same question before Romney came on the scene you would have gotten completely different results.

No, YOU would be wrong.

Statistical anomoly. the same chart shows the number was 19% in 1999, which is where it is now...

Nice try, though.

Again, I think the real numbers are actually higher for both parties, but most people who think the Mormons are crazy won't openly say so.

Oh, of course. It's consistent except when it isn't.

btw, CONSERVATIVES were least likely to support a Mormon in 2007.

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

This liberal might vote for a Mormon. It would depend on the Mormon. The ones I've known personally are great people.

I wouldn't vote for a Scientologist, myself, I guess that makes me a bigot. Oh well.

That being said,

The poll is obviously massively biased, considering there is a viable Republican candidate for President that is Mormon.
It doesn't take a Ph.D.is sociology or psychology to figure that one out. Had you asked the same question before Romney came on the scene you would have gotten completely different results.

Again, the numbers were just about the same as they were in 1999, when Mitt Romney was 'that guy who got beat by Ted the Drunk"

The numbers aren't really budging.

No, YOU would be wrong.

Nice try, though.

Oh, of course. It's consistent except when it isn't.

btw, CONSERVATIVES were least likely to support a Mormon in 2007.

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

YOu can't cite a poll that says "Percentage Unwilling to Vote for a Mormon Holds Steady" and then claim it isn't steady.

Fact is, the numbers are probably the same as they've always been. And a lot of those people who say they won't vote for a Mormon will hold their nose and vote for Romney when Obama is the alternative. I won't. But a lot will.

Of course, there are a shitload of good reasons to not vote for Romney that have nothing to do with his religion.

And just wait until the real campaign starts and stuff about Mormonism is brought out into the spotlight. Holy crap. No pun intended.

OH, I agree. Why do you think the MSM which is totally in the tank for Obama, has been laying off Romney for the most part?

Well, in the classic words of Admiral Akbar..

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back