Democrat bigotry on parade

The only current candidate with whom I have an issue over religion is Santorum because he's a borderline Reconstructionist/Dominionist.

I have a rather low opinion of LDS, but I don't know that it would prevent me from voting for a candidate if I agree with him about other things and he doesn't go overboard with it.

The only current candidate with whom I have an issue over religion is Santorum because he's a borderline Reconstructionist/Dominionist.

I have a rather low opinion of LDS, but I don't know that it would prevent me from voting for a candidate if I agree with him about other things and he doesn't go overboard with it.

Santorum wants to institute Christian Sharia

I suspect the poll was biased by the fact that the presumptive Republican candidate is Mormon and the presumptive Democratic candidate is not.

I think that if one polled Democrats on whether they would vote for, say, Harry Reid or Sharron Angle they would pick the Mormon (Reid) over the non-Mormon or "none of the above". There are plenty of Mormons who represent the policies of the Democratic party, people just aren't very aware of it.

I suspect the poll was biased by the fact that the presumptive Republican candidate is Mormon and the presumptive Democratic candidate is not.

I think that if one polled Democrats on whether they would vote for, say, Harry Reid or Sharron Angle they would pick the Mormon (Reid) over the non-Mormon or "none of the above". There are plenty of Mormons who represent the policies of the Democratic party, people just aren't very aware of it.

Actually, the polling goes back to 1967, I think. I'd have to go back and read the OP link again to be sure.

Last edited:

True.

It has more to do with democratic voters’ suspicion of conservatism – where most Mormons are conservative – than the religion.

I'd vote for an atheist if he represented my political beliefs, sure. I'm sure I have voted for atheists.

Just as democrats have voted for Mormons, demonstrating there is no democratic ‘bigotry’ against the LDS.

Actually, I think the poll is from some time ago. Like 4 years ago. I think this is the one..it's a rehash.

You do know the Constitution prevents that, right?

Shhhhhh........someone needs to tell Santorum

KG...do you really think you are the best person to be bitching about bigotry.

it is the government's JOB to protect us from those things that threaten our life and liberty...those things that are generally immoral.

Texas has among worst teen pregnancy rate in country

Yup.

CATHOLIC anchor babies.

they're right there applying the spermicides, doing the pelvics, scraping the uteruses, and slipping those rubbers on. But WE'RE the ones who show an "unhealthy interest" in the sexual proclivities of people.

And what leftoids don't seem to grasp...morality is not subjective.

I mean....shall I go on? And BTW...it's not that I necessarily disagree with the point. I am a Republican and a solid Romney supporter and feel that his Mormon faith is no reason, by itself, not to vote for him. I simply find some hilarious irony in the idea that you, of all people, have the audacity to lecture anyone on the evils of bigotry.

Last edited:

Someone needs to tell all you idiots who are wetting their pants about being ruled by Dominionists.

It just ain't gonna happen.
Dave, in my opinion the problem is that there's a lot of things the Constitution "prevents" that ended up happening anyway. I think the odds of this country being taken over by Dominionists are quite small, but I think we need to remain vigilant nonetheless.

In other words, I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I'm also keeping my gunpowder dry.

Someone needs to tell all you idiots who are wetting their pants about being ruled by Dominionists.

Dave, in my opinion the problem is that there's a lot of things the Constitution "prevents" that ended up happening anyway. I think the odds of this country being taken over by Dominionists are quite small, but I think we need to remain vigilant nonetheless.

In other words, I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I'm also keeping my gunpowder dry.
Progressives and their yearning for a Soviet Amerika are more a threat than Dominionists.

Progressives and their yearning for a Soviet Amerika are more a threat than Dominionists.

Oh cool...we get to talk extremist

Those Damn Conservatives will not be happy until they have turned us into a slave state

Those Damn Conservatives will not be happy until they have turned us into a slave state
...except my statement is correct, and yours isn't.

Riiiiight... The Corporatists and the Social Liberals are working hand in hand to create the slave state, what do you think the illegal immigration debate is all about?

"In a survey that cuts against the media stereotype, a new Gallup Poll has found that more Democrats than Republicans say they would not vote for a Mormon for president. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats say they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, while 18 percent of Republicans say the same. For independents, the figure is 19 percent. "

Anti-Mormon bias persists, notably among Democrats | Washington Examiner
It's not bigotry when Democrats do it.

Right, USMB lefties?

No, anybody who doesn't vote for someone simply because they are a member of a certain religion is bigoted against said religion.

Forum List

Back