Democrat bigotry on parade

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"In a survey that cuts against the media stereotype, a new Gallup Poll has found that more Democrats than Republicans say they would not vote for a Mormon for president. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats say they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, while 18 percent of Republicans say the same. For independents, the figure is 19 percent. "

Anti-Mormon bias persists, notably among Democrats | Washington Examiner

I would not vote for a Mormon but it has little to do with bigotry unless not wanting a cultist in office is bigotry.

Thank you. The definition of bigotry.

The sad thing is, you are proud of it.

I would not vote for a Mormon but it has little to do with bigotry unless not wanting a cultist in office is bigotry.

Is that any less 'wrong' than not wanting to vote a Muslim in office because they're extremists?

It's your vote, do what you want with it. Personally I do not trust Mormons to not put their personal beliefs before those of the nation. The same can be said of anyone who is overly religious but the LDS are especially prone to pushing their puritanical beliefs off on others.

Last edited:
Mormon, Protestant, Catholic, what the hell does it matter? By the time one has reached the Presidency one has sold one's soul. Pffft!
Put a lump o shite in the oval office, it'll have more spirit.

Is that any less 'wrong' than not wanting to vote a Muslim in office because they're extremists?

It's your vote, do what you want with it. Personally I do not trust Mormons to not put their personal beliefs before those of the nation. The same can be said of anyone who is overly religious but the LDS is especially prone to pushing their puritanical beliefs off on others.[/QUOTE]

:dig:

Is it bigoted to not want someone running my country who believes in fantasy?

The constitution does not allow god to tell US leaders to do anything.
Or at least for them to act on gods orders in any governmental matter.

Last edited:
Is it bigoted to not want someone running my country who believes in fantasy?

The constitution does not allow god to tell US leaders to do anything.
Or at least for them to act on gods orders in any governmental matter.

:eusa_eh:

Go ahead and quote that part of the constitution, if you would.

It's your vote, do what you want with it. Personally I do not trust Mormons to not put their personal beliefs before those of the nation. The same can be said of anyone who is overly religious but the LDS are especially prone to pushing their puritanical beliefs off on others.

Call me crazy, but I'm sure that if Republicans refused to vote for a Muslim president, they'd be labeled as xenophobes. How is that any different from Democrats not wanting to vote for a Mormon president?

I would vote for a Mormon Romney because he keeps it to himself and doesn't let OT influence policy

I would not vote for batshit crazy Christians like Santorum, Bachmann or Cain

It's your vote, do what you want with it. Personally I do not trust Mormons to not put their personal beliefs before those of the nation. The same can be said of anyone who is overly religious but the LDS is especially prone to pushing their puritanical beliefs off on others.[/QUOTE]

:dig:

If distrusting the irrational mysticism of a made-up religion is bigotry then so be it, the bigotry inherent in the history of the Mormon cult is enough to make me reject them as any kind of viable leader for a diverse nation.

Koshergrl...

Would you vote for an atheist or are you a bigot?

I'd vote for an atheist if he represented my political beliefs, sure. I'm sure I have voted for atheists.

"In a survey that cuts against the media stereotype, a new Gallup Poll has found that more Democrats than Republicans say they would not vote for a Mormon for president. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats say they wouldn't vote for a Mormon, while 18 percent of Republicans say the same. For independents, the figure is 19 percent. "

Anti-Mormon bias persists, notably among Democrats | Washington Examiner
It's not bigotry when Democrats do it.

Right, USMB lefties?

Call me crazy, but I'm sure that if Republicans refused to vote for a Muslim president, they'd be labeled as xenophobes. How is that any different from Democrats not wanting to vote for a Mormon president?
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

If distrusting the irrational mysticism of a made-up religion is bigotry then so be it, the bigotry inherent in the history of the Mormon cult is enough to make me reject them as any kind of viable leader for a diverse nation.

All religions are "made-up," dipstick.

Forum List

Back