Democrat 2020 candidates need to talk about Big Pharma who plunged America into an opioid epidemic

You know, at one time, big pharma was telling the doctors how safe opiates were for pain relief, and that it was rare for anyone to become addicted to them.

Only problem is, they were wrong. And, after a person has been taking them for a while and becomes addicted and then they stop their script, the person then turns to heroin for relief, because it is a similar acting drug.

Who do I blame for the opiate epidemic? The doctors. Cartels never made opiate drugs, big pharma does. The only thing the cartels do is supply the need after people are shut off from drugs from the doctor.

It's a scam. Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times stronger than morphine, and its related abuses are being lumped with all other prescription pain relievers as the feds force doctors to quit prescribing life altering pain relieving medications. Forcing citizens to either pay out the nose for the right to buy these compounds or turn to the black market. Creeping fascism.

It's a scam. Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times stronger than morphine, and its related abuses are being lumped with all other prescription pain relievers as the feds force doctors to quit prescribing life altering pain relieving medications. Forcing citizens to either pay out the nose for the right to buy these compounds or turn to the black market. Creeping fascism.

China is where fentanyl is made.

Yeah I saw those pharmacy employees holding people down and shoving pills down their throats....:21: always someone else to blame when it comes to addiction....no one places any fault with the addicted?.....that is America today in a nutshell....

I blame the spoiled brat millenials. Seriously. With that generation, every time they were prescribed Vicodin for chronic pain for awhile, they were too soft, delicate and pussified to handle something as brief and merciful as a one-week-long Vicodin withdrawal once they were medically cut off. So instead of grinning and bearing the discomfort of a mild Vicodin withdrawal, these pussy-punks instead decided to illegally work themselves UP the opium ladder - Percodan, Oxycontin, junk. Because they were raised with the demented value that it's possible to go through life without ever suffering or dealing with any extended discomfort of any kind.

Yes, it's these heroin pin-cushion, overspoiled, overfed, overpampered, overprivileged, overindulged millenial GARBAGE GENERATION that ruined Vicodin pills for the rest of us who DIDN'T become addicted to junk after taking Vicodin for any long-term chronic pain. Because these "safe-space" millenials can't imagine a fairly mild, one-week-long Vicodin withdrawal; so they idiotically started taking harder and harder and more addictive opiates to avoid a mild Vicodin jones. One of the most fucking OFFENSIVE things I find about today's young people is not their arrogant, pussified weakness, but the fact they GLORIFY their arrogant,. pussified weakness as a good thing! See, unlike today's sorry, eunuch excuses for young males, back in 1973 this gen-Xer was born with two ellipses between my legs I believe are called TESTICLES. What a damaged, worthless demographic today's young people are. If you sneaked up behind them and said BOO! they would probably jump and squeal in a falsetto like the mincing, limp-wristed, Tinkerbell-the-fairy little girls they are - a generation of males who don't even know how to change a flat tire on their car.

Oh, I have four recovering junkie males in my extended family who became human pin cushions because they were too spoiled-weak to deal with their Vicodin pills being legally cut off. I've SEEN this phenomenon with my own two eyes ad nauseum. Weak, millenial PUNK castrati!

China is where fentanyl is made.

True. It was found in the bodies of several high profile celebrities deaths. I believe the new push against opioids is in part fueled by a reaction to those high profile deaths.

dont say there's no content in the OP. i'm doing research on the opioid epidemic by reading Sam Quinones famous "Dreamland" and other books. i have a lot to say about this topic. stay tuned, my friends!

Sacklers Directed Efforts to Mislead Public About OxyContin, New Documents Indicate

They got more important issues to talk about. Like tranny rights, drug cartel/illegal alien rights, and 70% tax hikes.
transphobia is a real thing, nevertheless i agree with your sarcasm

i'm making another thread about opioids in the flame zone, where i'm more free to discuss my views!

Addiction is not a character failure, it is a chemical problem. When the body becomes dependent on a certain chemical, it is very difficult to resist that chemical. We need to stop "judging" addicts and start treating them like any other person with a medical condition that needs curing.

Addiction is not a character failure, it is a chemical problem. When the body becomes dependent on a certain chemical, it is very difficult to resist that chemical. We need to stop "judging" addicts and start treating them like any other person with a medical condition that needs curing.

True. While some addictions may be driven by personal demons to get them to the point where they become addicted, physical addiction is something that requires actual medical treatment.

If you have a person who is a heavy drinker suddenly stop and go cold turkey? They can end up with the DT's, which will make them nauseated, vomit, get chills, as well as tremors and possibly even heart attacks.

Same thing when a person gets addicted to opiates. There has been a physical and chemical change in their body where their system actually can't operate unless drugs are present. That is why heroin is so hard to kick, because when the heroin wears off, the sickness sets in, and the only way to stop it is to take more heroin, or seek medical attention and detox. Unfortunately, for heroin users, it is much easier to score another hit than it is to get into a detox facility.

You're being lied to. Big Pharma has made billions addicting a significant portion of the US population. Now they've patented a new drug to "cure" addiction. It'll cost thousands, just like the antidote to their "prescription painkillers".

Perspective | While government cracked down on illegal drugs, Big Pharma hooked millions on opioids

"drug addicts dont feel anything. you need to be feel to be alive. they're already dead" - Tucker...video coming shortly!

You're being lied to. Big Pharma has made billions addicting a significant portion of the US population. Now they've patented a new drug to "cure" addiction. It'll cost thousands, just like the antidote to their "prescription painkillers".

Perspective | While government cracked down on illegal drugs, Big Pharma hooked millions on opioids

My point is that most of the prescriptions are not abused and are prescribed for legitimate reasons. Cracking down on those people, making them feel like criminals, is wrong and will not address the problems fentanyl brings to the table. They're just easy targets for a reactionary government. So that politician's can say "Look I did something for the children"..

folks, you can get heroin in white communities faster than you can get pizza or ice cream!

Forum List

Back