Democracy's Global Crisis

archangel said:
ya mean they strap c-4 to naked bodies...malnurished...and no last meal? I beg to differ... intel says different...not to mention common sense! :smoke:

I said

The money provides incentive, meaning "here Abdual, take this money and these explosives. I know you are hungry, so eat before you go and make sure mamma gets the rest of the money". They probably weren't well fed prior to payment - meaning no food, thus, you take money, you eat, then you blow yourself up. Clear enough, or is that open to MORE MISINTERPRETATION AS PER YOUR FUCKING R. E. TARD USUAL? ALL INTEL POINTS TO YES. :)

Said1 said:
Probably. Talked them into throwing water baloons instead "you throw baloon at the infidels and you get 77 virgins" along with the cash. sounds good to me. :huh:

LMAO---note to self *offer em clothes and food before shootin em*
( they're still gonna demand them damn virgins tho )

Said1 said:
I said

The money provides incentive, meaning "here Abdual, take this money and these explosives. I know you are hungry, so eat before you go and make sure mamma gets the rest of the money". They probably weren't well fed prior to payment - meaning no food, thus, you take money, you eat, then you blow yourself up. Clear enough, or is that open to MORE MISINTERPRETATION AS PER YOUR FUCKING R. E. TARD USUAL? ALL INTEL POINTS TO YES. :)

Please explain the 911 pilots then...well fed,educated and partied hardy(Drinking in clubs) before the suicide flight! This also applies to the run of the meal suicide bombers....you have issues with intel...so sorry! :bye1:

archangel said:
Please explain the 911 pilots then...well fed,educated and partied hardy(Drinking in clubs) before the suicide flight! This also applies to the run of the meal suicide bombers....you have issues with intel...so sorry! :bye1:

Fuck you. You have issues.

archangel said:

ahhhh run of the MEAL suicide bombers----I think I'm getting the food connection now !!!

dilloduck said:
ahhhh run of the MEAL suicide bombers----I think I'm getting the food connection now !!!

you're pretty sharp dude...picked up on the 'meal" pun! :teeth:

jillian said:
RAFLMAO!!! Figured as much. :happy2:

Let's put it this way, you're posts don't leave a lot of room for misinterpretation. :laugh:

I will say though, I do believe in certain safety nets, providing enough income for the basics, for a set period of time. State intervention is needed at times, I just think Western nations have gone above and beyond what the New Dealers and other Keynsians had in mind.

Said1 said:
Let's put it this way, you're posts don't leave a lot of room for misinterpretation. :laugh:

I will say though, I do believe in certain safety nets, providing enough income for the basics, for a set period of time. State intervention is needed at times, I just think Western nations have gone above and beyond what the New Dealers and other Keynsians had in mind.

Well... I try to be straightforward and I doubt I've ever been short on opinions . :)

Truthfully, I don't think we're all that far apart. And you may be right about where we are versus what the New Dealers and Keynsians had in mind. But that might also be due to the change in our economy from a post-industrial to a service to an ownership economy...which seems to be where we're heading. So, it may be that there needs to be some fine-tuning and adaptation. Or maybe there are just new problems facing us now that weren't anticipated.

Anyway, nice chatting.... sleeptime! :sleep:

A good book that quite nicely relates to this discussion of jilted democracy and markets is "World On Fire" by Amy Chua. It really, truly is a must read for understanding why ethnic cleansing and laissez faire economics/markets go hand in hand all too often, leading to unstable and unsustainable democracies and other forms of government (i.e. an oppressive regime like Burma).

jillian said:
Do you think that's what his article says? I'm not saying it doesn't particularly. But I see it differently.... I think the article makes it clear that the folk who talk about imposing democracy may get more than they bargained for when the democratically chosen leaders of these new democracie might not be our cup of tea. Thus, democratization could backfire (as with the election of the Hamas terrorists).

Yes, we all got that as the primary message. There is more to Peters' article than just that. That's why it is thought-provoking.

Forum List

Back