Democracy under attack in

Do we have to drag every thread into partisan politics on the very first reply? I didn't even mention parties in the OP. Although it does seem a little strange. Because I'm pretty sure that these guys would be upset about it if the feds, or anyone with a D for that matter, were doing it.

Do we have to drag every thread into partisan politics on the very first reply? I didn't even mention parties in the OP. Although it does seem a little strange. Because I'm pretty sure that these guys would be upset about it if the feds, or anyone with a D for that matter, were doing it.

I never mentioned any party???

As far as I'm concerned if they want to do that in their municipality they can. I don't agree with it,but its there community, not mine. If it was my community and it bothered me, then I would move.... Ever hear of voting with your feet?

Benton Harbor is broke and can't pay its bill this is a last resort to try and save the city get over it .

Who cares about the constitution when expedience is at stake?

Liebuster, you misunderstand what's happening. The city government didn't decide to sign away all of their powers to represent their voters. The state handed that order down by fiat.

The idea that people should have to leave their homes and property in order to avoid a state take-over of their local government is ridiculous. People shouldn't have to flee their homes in order to find the right to representation. I assume these people will still be paying taxes?

Last edited:

Liebuster, you misunderstand what's happening. The city government didn't decide to sign away all of their powers to represent their voters. The state handed that order down by fiat.

The idea that people should have to leave their homes and property in order to avoid a state take-over of their local government is ridiculous. People shouldn't have to flee their homes in order to find the right to representation. I assume these people will still be paying taxes?

Police power resides in the state. Any power the City has is because the state granted it to them in the first place. They have every right and authority to revoke the delegation of authority to the city.

Oh, and we are not and have never been a democracy and the constitution has absolutely nothing to do with this.

You idiot this is a state matter under state law :cuckoo:

Fleeing their homes??? Come on!!! Moving to the next city over is not really fleeing. I moved from Chicago land to Colorado partly because I couldn't take the progressive B.S. in Chicago and IL. I voted with my feet and moved 1000 miles away.

And I'd rather the State hand down orders instead of the federal government. I'm sure you feel the opposite so why don't you petition your congress critter to hand down a order to restore power in the city council that doesn't even affect you. (I'm assuming you don't live there)

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic...

The reason Democrats don't like the Constitution:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence. (US Constitution Article 4, Section 4)

They, of course, think it means the Republican part.

Michigan has its own constitution.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/publications/Constitution.pdf

§ 22 Charters, resolutions, ordinances; enumeration of powers.
Sec. 22. Under general laws the electors of each city and village shall have the power and
authority to frame, adopt and amend its charter, and to amend an existing charter of the city
or village heretofore granted or enacted by the legislature for the government of the city or
village. Each such city and village shall have power to adopt resolutions and ordinances
relating to its municipal concerns, property and government, subject to the constitution and
law. No enumeration of powers granted to cities and villages in this constitution shall limit or
restrict the general grant of authority conferred by this section.

Last edited:
Benton Harbor is broke and can't pay its bill this is a last resort to try and save the city get over it .

Dont try to reason with them, they only care about free stuff, no matter where it comes from or at what cost. In the liberal mind, Government gets it's money from a tree behind the white house or any state capital building, not from the ever decreasing tax payer.

Fleeing their homes??? Come on!!! Moving to the next city over is not really fleeing. I moved from Chicago land to Colorado partly because I couldn't take the progressive B.S. in Chicago and IL. I voted with my feet and moved 1000 miles away.

And I'd rather the State hand down orders instead of the federal government. I'm sure you feel the opposite so why don't you petition your congress critter to hand down a order to restore power in the city council that doesn't even affect you. (I'm assuming you don't live there)

You are so sure of my opinions before I tell you what they are? How did you manage that? How quaint. Charging me with hypocrisy when the shoe is on the other foot. You've been railing against tyranny. I show you a clear cut example, and you're like nope. There's an R next to the guy's name. Must be justified. Then you misdirect.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that no one wants to explain to me why Michigan gets to ignore its constitution. We don't write those things to be ignored when the going gets tough. We write them so that we are restrained from violating our core principals for temporary expedience or political maneuvering.

I really love the idea that people should just move from one town to another if the town they're in looses its Democratic rights. This is a tyranny now. If you don't like it, you still have the freedom to leave. Where do you come up with this crap?

Last edited:
Obviously it's because Michigan is racist. White cops can still pull over black people. The whole infrastructure of the state is clearly designed to give the whites an advantage. It's an archaic state that needs a democracy. That's why they can ignore their constitution.

Obviously it's because Michigan is racist. White cops can still pull over black people. The whole infrastructure of the state is clearly designed to give the whites an advantage. It's an archaic state that needs a democracy. That's why they can ignore their constitution.

Well I wasn't gonna bring it up. But since you decided to play the race card, I might as well point out that the town in question is 90% Black. But I'm sure that's a coincidence.

You better not speed past a black who's been pulled over without investigating possible profiling, dammit!.......Or you be's a damn racist, I tells ya'!

I see that ya'll have given up on your attempts to rationalize. Now it's misdirection.

Forum List

Back