Democracy or Capitalism

which one is more important to our founding

• Democracy

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Capitalism

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Someday maybe they will tire of lying about everything.

One can hope

What the founders designed was not caplitalism was it.

Captialism already exsisted and produced Kings and Queens.

The founder saw that this capitalism needed some tempering by the people.

I think they were right.

We're still waiting for you to explain what the founding fathers wrote into the Constitution to put limits on capitalism.

I still want to know how feudalism was capitalism. It's amazing how such a simple question blows truthmatters mind.

Im starting to wonder if she has any idea what capitalism is...

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

Clearlly that can only mean that our Founders hated freedom to trade.

It's such a simple concept that unlike a Democracy... a Constitutional Republic seeks to not only limit the powers of government thru the constitution itself, but also seeks to limit the power of majoritarianism

And so that the idiot TM can understand the word...

ma·jor·i·tar·i·an·ism
   [muh-jawr-i-tair-ee-uh-niz-uhm, -jor-] Show IPA
–noun
rule by a majority, especially the belief that those constituting a simple majority should make the rules for all members of a group, nation, etc.

This was a major concern of the founding fathers.. and why a Democracy itself, as a form of government SUCKS, and why we don't have one as our form of government in the United States

Well... considering they DID NOT CREATE A FUCKING DEMOCRACY... and they held things such as private property rights in high regard, the question pretty much answers itself

Is capitalism (or ANY economic system) mentioned in the US Constitution?

No.. and neither is Democracy...

But... private property rights were a concern in the constitution... as I stated....

Also why I did not say that the founding fathers did not set up a capitalist economic system dictated by government...

But what they did was limit the powers of the government and protect from majoritarianism so that people are free to capitalize from their private property within the laws that are controlled and protected by the constitution... granted, our government has grown and bastardized itself to infringe on those freedoms and ignore original intent, but that is a discussion for another time

Well... considering they DID NOT CREATE A FUCKING DEMOCRACY... and they held things such as private property rights in high regard, the question pretty much answers itself

How free is a people who are not free to trade and work as they choose?

Wow :cuckoo:

I may just be a stupid dirty coal miner but even I learned what our system of government was in school.

I really hope that Obama paid attention in school and realizes we are a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy.

How free is a people who are not free to trade and work as they choose?

The US Constitution is a framework for governing; it's not a framework for an economic system.

They are the same.

A republic is a type of democracy.

You just want to change the definitions for some damned reason.

Why is that?

Hey TM, can you give us more examples of Democracy done in thousands of different ways? Sorry that we were so specific as to tell you want we are as a country VS just an open ended broad brush as "Democracy."

The fact you post so many different kinds of Democracy is proof that Democracy is not the same everywhere.

It's such a simple concept that unlike a Democracy... a Constitutional Republic seeks to not only limit the powers of government thru the constitution itself, but also seeks to limit the power of majoritarianism

And so that the idiot TM can understand the word...

ma·jor·i·tar·i·an·ism
   [muh-jawr-i-tair-ee-uh-niz-uhm, -jor-] Show IPA
–noun
rule by a majority, especially the belief that those constituting a simple majority should make the rules for all members of a group, nation, etc.

This was a major concern of the founding fathers.. and why a Democracy itself, as a form of government SUCKS, and why we don't have one as our form of government in the United States

The People's Republic of China (China) is a Republic and has a Constitution. It is not a democracy. Are you suggesting our system and theirs are the same?

Last edited:
Everybody knows our founders were far left Nanny Staters who envisioned a society built upon 90% tax rates and institutionalized welfare with 50% of the population contributing $0.

Forum List

Back