Democracy or Capitalism

which one is more important to our founding

• Democracy

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Capitalism

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Deflection CG? It surely lacks the complexity of a 'good' Red Herring.

What say you people, are we a Constitutional Republic or is something missing in that definition?

Not deflection... payback. If TruthDon'tMatter thinks it's ok to hijack other people's threads with her bullshit, other people can do the same in her threads. See how that works?

Is it democratic or capitolistic to hijack a thread? I think I'll start a poll. :eusa_whistle:

What the founders designed was not caplitalism was it.

Captialism already exsisted and produced Kings and Queens.

The founder saw that this capitalism needed some tempering by the people.

I think they were right.

democracy

capitalism

Which one did our founder feel was needed in this country to make it function better than all other governments of the time?

C. Crony Capitalism .... Which clowns like you and the Obama regime don't mind at all.

I think they were right.

I think you honestly have no idea what you think but that's just me. So far you've scored a whooping nothing...

Its kind of interesting how blown their minds are by this simple question most school children would have no problem with.

I think they were right.

The founders were all about private ownership and individual rights. Capitalism did not create kings, war did.

I think they were right.

We're still waiting for you to explain what the founding fathers wrote into the Constitution to put limits on capitalism.

I think they were right.

We're still waiting for you to explain what the founding fathers wrote into the Constitution to put limits on capitalism.

I still want to know how feudalism was capitalism. It's amazing how such a simple question blows truthmatters mind.

I think they were right.

In fact..... and I quote “No nation was ever ruined by trade, even seemingly the most disadvantageous.”

~ Benjamin Franklin

I think they were right.

I still want to know how feudalism was capitalism. It's amazing how such a simple question blows truthmatters mind.

Perhaps she meant mercantilism? In any case, she's just a troll.

I think they were right.

No, mercantilism was the economic system of the monarchy. The answer is that the founders were not all of one mind. The Hamiltonian wing of the founders would have favored a more monarchical government and mercantilism, whereas the Jeffersonians preferred a republican government and free markets.

Its kind of interesting how blown their minds are by this simple question most school children would have no problem with.

There we go with the education jokes, oddly education being something you know little of.

Fact is, the question didn't blow up in our face itself imploded in your face. You have tried to restructure the question over and over because even as kiddy pool shallow as you are you know you're wrong. You gave and extremely open ended general options and others described what the country is simply more accurately and or just correctly and YOU can't handle it.

I think they were right.

It seems to me the founder's feared democracy and nobility - the Constitution set forth representatives of the people and not direct voting on issues; in Article I, section 9 & 10 prohibits titles of nobility granted by the Federal or State Governments.

No explicite mention of any economic theory, but one might infer that a mixed economy, i.e. regulated capitalism, is a product of the rights and prohibitions outlined in our Constitution.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

Forum List

Back