"Democracy is dead"

We need real Voter ID laws. How the fuck does Madison WI have a 120% turn out? Voter Fraud

You need an I.D. to buy a pack of cigarettes.

You need an I.D. to cash a check.

You need an I.D. to buy liquor.

You need an I.D. to open a checking account.

You need an I.D. when you go to your doctor's office.

You need an I.D. to buy a car.

You need an I.D. to buy certain over-the-counter medications.

You need an I.D. to stay in a motel.

BUT YOU DON'T NEED ANY KIND OF IDENTIFICATION TO VOTE IN ANY ELECTION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Just walk into your local voting precinct (or any other precinct for that matter), give the 95-year-old lady your name (or any other name that comes to mind), and "Granny" will give you everything you need to cast your votes.

The only argument I see is that none of the above examples are rights.

But if the government gave out free voter Id cards, I'm not sure how anyone could cry about their right being violated.

We need real Voter ID laws. How the fuck does Madison WI have a 120% turn out? Voter Fraud

BUT YOU DON'T NEED ANY KIND OF IDENTIFICATION TO VOTE IN ANY ELECTION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Just walk into your local voting precinct (or any other precinct for that matter), give the 95-year-old lady your name (or any other name that comes to mind), and "Granny" will give you everything you need to cast your votes.

But if the government gave out free voter Id cards, I'm not sure how anyone could cry about their right being violated.

I agree with this. You're obviously 100% right when you say that the difference is that voting is a right. Voting procedures is a state-by-state basis, but I think having FREE voting cards that are easy to get to access to (as long as you're a citizen)-just like SS#-then it's no big deal.

That was a quote from a man named Mike that worked the Barrett campaign. I thought "democracy" started all this non sense in the first place?
Nah, Democracy was invented by Al Gore. It never dies, just keeps getting recycled.

Wrong. But nice try.

Florida's law currently states that you need to:

When you go to the polling place to vote, you will be asked to provide a current and valid picture identification with a signature. Approved forms of picture identification are: Florida driver's license; Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; United States passport; debit or credit card; military identification; student identification; retirement center identification; neighborhood association identification; and public assistance identification. (Section 101.043, F.S.) If the picture identification does not contain a signature, you will be asked to provide an additional identification with your signature.

Frequently Asked Questions - Florida Division of Elections - Department of State

VOTER SUPPRESSION ALERT! VOTER SUPPRESSION ALERT!

What you are describing is what the liberals describe as "voter suppression", or "voter discrimination", or a "modern-day poll tax".

Anybody else care to chime in as to your state laws in regards to picture identification requirements on election day?

I can tell you in Maine and in New Hampshire, you walk in to the voting precinct, give the old lady your name, she verifies that your name is in her big book, and then she gives you your ballot. That's it. No photo I.D. required. As long as the name you gave the old lady is in her big book, you are good to vote.

Wrong. But nice try.

Florida's law currently states that you need to:

When you go to the polling place to vote, you will be asked to provide a current and valid picture identification with a signature. Approved forms of picture identification are: Florida driver's license; Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; United States passport; debit or credit card; military identification; student identification; retirement center identification; neighborhood association identification; and public assistance identification. (Section 101.043, F.S.) If the picture identification does not contain a signature, you will be asked to provide an additional identification with your signature.

Frequently Asked Questions - Florida Division of Elections - Department of State

VOTER SUPPRESSION ALERT! VOTER SUPPRESSION ALERT!

What you are describing is what the liberals describe as "voter suppression", or "voter discrimination", or a "modern-day poll tax".

Anybody else care to chime in as to your state laws in regards to picture identification requirements on election day?

I can tell you in Maine and in New Hampshire, you walk in to the voting precinct, give the old lady your name, she verifies that your name is in her big book, and then she gives you your ballot. That's it. No photo I.D. required. As long as the name you gave the old lady is in her big book, you are good to vote.

I don't know about laws elsewhere, I was just responding to your comment about voting anywhere in the US. (I actually left my wallet in my car one time on accident-and was told to get my ID before I was able to vote).

They then swipe it to make sure it's legit, input your information on the voting database to verify you're on there-and in the right voting area (there are exceptions to this due to early voting). If you're registered with the state-you get your ballot printed out for you (in primaries it'll automatically give you the ballot option of whatever party you're registered to). Fill it out, bring it to the person who collects them and they input your vote right into the machine right in front of you. Your vote is counted, AND there's a paper trail.

Obviously fraud is always possible-and happens everywhere. But with all the news about Florida surpressing votes due to ID...that mostly comes from people from out of state, or morons.

That was a quote from a man named Mike that worked the Barrett campaign. I thought "democracy" started all this non sense in the first place?

Maybe they should have found a better candidate than Barrett. They had one million signatures on the petition for the recall. Barrett only received around 1,150,000 votes. That's only 150,000 more votes than signatures. Are you kidding me? Barrett must have had some high negatives himself. I have to believe that a percentage of those who signed the petition did not vote or actually ended up voting for Walker in the end.

One would have to say the people once again made it very clear that enough of the divisiveness enough with the bullshit, time for change!

That seems to be the message to me. Whether the idiot partisans will hear it remains to be seen.

Seems to me that the whole 'recall' thing should be something that is used in extraordinary circumstances - such as for corruption, illegal behavior - and not for petty childish bullshit. That is a lesson that both sides should take to heart.

Maybe they should have found a better candidate than Barrett. They had one million signatures on the petition for the recall. Barrett only received around 1,150,000 votes. That's only 150,000 more votes than signatures. Are you kidding me? Barrett must have had some high negatives himself. I have to believe that a percentage of those who signed the petition did not vote or actually ended up voting for Walker in the end.

"They" did not have to put up a candidate. Remember there was an election prior to the recall for any candidate who wanted to run.

The people's initiative to recall doesn't mean they support or not support the elected official, rather they support the people's right to direct democracy.

They probably went around to all of the funeral homes and cemeteries for those signatures.

One would have to say the people once again made it very clear that enough of the divisiveness enough with the bullshit, time for change!

That seems to be the message to me. Whether the idiot partisans will hear it remains to be seen.

Seems to me that the whole 'recall' thing should be something that is used in extraordinary circumstances - such as for corruption, illegal behavior - and not for petty childish bullshit. That is a lesson that both sides should take to heart.

Very true.

If it wasn't for democracy, the democrat would have won. It worked just fine for Saddam Hussein, Achmadinejad, Chavez. Every vote against them is a blow to democracy. In the democrat view of democracy, there is only one candidate and one vote.

Uh...Article 1, Section 4 - Elections, Meetings...."The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators."

There is NOTHING in the original Constitution that establishes voting as a RIGHT!! !

As a matter of fact, it is long established law that a state can strip you of the privilege of voting for any number of things. Such as a convicted felon. Voting is a PRIVILEGE as a CITIZEN of this country.

Outside of the IDIOTIC string of Amendments that follow the 10th amendment...I don't recall the words right and vote being linked together anywhere in the original Constitution.

Maybe someone can show me what I'm missing?

At the time the Constitution was written there was no universal right to vote. The vote was to be exercised by those with a stake in the outcome. People who paid taxes voted. Not people who lived by the charity of others. Since the only taxpayers at the time were property owners, the vote was limited to them. Women were denied the vote because they would vote emotionally rather than for pragmatically. Only the educated could vote. Those who could read and write enough to be informed and inform others.

It was a very sound system.

Dumocrats, you gotta love em...Or do ya? This one is craaazy hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPrcqQSsVg]Woman Slaps Barrett In The Face - YouTube[/ame]

Define "free"

:eusa_eh:

Yeah I saw that, the little bitch started crying on camera. Hillarious.

Was this the cheesedick wearing the Red Sox hat?

Holy shit........I damn near split my sides laughing!!! Ive been following politics for decades. Last night was one of the most thrilling nights I can ever remember, in the sense that the fucking k00ks were beside themselves with misery. Too.......I called it months ago when this stupid ass recall came up. Best of all was watching those meatheads on MSNBC last night.........oh, the angst was high entertainment indeed........and its because these lefty nutters are miserable to begin with and when they crash and burn, its like you got chance to slap them upside of the head yourself!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back